Beauty Army

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i sort of felt like they hinted at a surprise for the first 300.  But now they just said on fb that the inaugural kits are just a limited amount that will allow them to work out any issues they're having. 

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol you just ordered yours yesterday right? I ordered mine the day it launched and the website says my kit isn't shipping until February.

No the night of. Late afternoon, early evening I think.

Oooh okay. I ordered mine in the evening too. I was at a wedding that day and tried ordering from my phone but the website was being a pain in the...

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No the night of. Late afternoon, early evening I think.

Oh yes it was a royal pain in the.... Plus there was the matter of it not having a SSL.

My inaugural Beauty Army Box was delivered today. I'm so glad I signed up for this subscription. Living in Washington State, I usually to receive my Birchbox  subscription towards the end of the month since it has to be shipped cross country. My Beauty Army box ships from California so I have the benefit of getting my box much much sooner.  For my January Beauty Army box, I selected the following:

• StriVectin-EV Get Even Brightening Serum  brightens and evens skin tone and visibly fades dark spots.  (.25 fl. oz) 
  • LaROCCA Pumpkin Fleur de Sel Body Polish (1.0 oz)
  • CellCeuticals NeoCell Micro-Resurfacing Skin Treatment is supposed to be be applied to a wet face to exfoliate. (.33 fl. oz)  
  • Chella Anti-Fatigue Eye Mask Kit contains one set of under eye face masks and and anti-fatigue eye mask activator. (.2 fl. oz)
  • Blingtone eyeshadow in sp"ice"y   looks like a glittery russet color in the pan but applies like a rose gold with gold micro glitter (full size)
  • Boo Boo Cover Up a light toned cover up that helps to aid in the skins healing process. This comes decanted in one of those mini screw top containers that you get samples in at various department store make up counters. Sample will be 2-3 uses for me. (.1 oz)   
The Blingtone eyeshadow is great! I tried it with a primer and loved it. It has a rich pigment and little to no fallout. I also really like LaRocca's body polish, it smelled so good I wanted to taste it. Boo Boo Cover Up was a stingy sample, but it comes in a nice container that I can toss in my purse for the occasional touch up and a reusable container. As with the skin treatments only time will tell.

The Beauty Army box was beautifully packaged, These ladies are definitely going to give Birchbox a run for their money. Here's to hoping we benefit from their competition.

Picture Time :

Stingy is an understatement.

I have the Chella Anti-Fatigue Eye Mask Kit from Test Tube 1st quarter and loved it.

I saw the sample and thought, wow, if it was a cooking ingredient it would be considered somewhere between a pinch and a dash. 
plain.gif

I did the math and my box valued out to about $53. 

I just checked my tracking info and the last info is that it was in Nevada on the 9th.  Argh! 

My box is in Indiana now....from Nevada..I live in Virginia..WTF? Indiana?  I'd think they'd pick to send it somewhere more of a straight shot. Sigh.

Now I know how you west coast girls feel when waiting for Birchbox.  It's taking forever.

Also now glad I didn't get that concealer..holy crap that's tiny.

Originally Posted by Steffi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My box is in Indiana now....from Nevada..I live in Virginia..WTF? Indiana?  I'd think they'd pick to send it somewhere more of a straight shot. Sigh.

Now I know how you west coast girls feel when waiting for Birchbox.  It's taking forever.

Amen to that. I just tracked my kit and it's in Indiana, as well. I bet both our kits are in that batch! I live in GA, so you'll probably get yours before me.

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Amen to that. I just tracked my kit and it's in Indiana, as well. I bet both our kits are in that batch! I live in GA, so you'll probably get yours before me.

I just tracKed mine as well...it's in Indiana too and has to make its way to VA! Looks like they must be traveling together!

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by Steffi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by Stephanie27k /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just tracKed mine as well...it's in Indiana too and has to make its way to VA! Looks like they must be traveling together!

Mine was sitting in Sparks, NV and now it is Fishers, IN....I'm in Oklahoma.  I'm no shipping expert, but that seems odd?

Originally Posted by brandyboop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine was sitting in Sparks, NV and now it is Fishers, IN....I'm in Oklahoma.  I'm no shipping expert, but that seems odd?
Not really since it seems it's the UPS, FedEx, Streamlite and USPS to take as long as it can to deliver a package as possible but be within the time frame they "promise" to deliver it at. LOL I've had packaged go from being shipped from California head to Illinois before heading back to Washington (state) where I live. And my Test Tube package went from a town in Oregon (30 minutes south of where I live) up to Spokane (over 150 miles away) then back down which means my package CAME THROUGH my town. Once it reached Spokane it sat the weekend (though the 2nd) and then came back down to where I live THEN was transferred to the USPS before it finally reached me. Who the hell knows what these packaging companies are thinking since it makes zero sense to me why packages do stupid stuff like that. Oh and I once had a package delivered to me from Japan and ended up on the EAST COAST (Boston) before traveling back to the Pacific NW. Normally my packages from Asia end up in Los Angeles or San Francisco but that one ended up in Boston of all places before eventually making it's way to me.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not really since it seems it's the UPS, FedEx, Streamlite and USPS to take as long as it can to deliver a package as possible but be within the time frame they "promise" to deliver it at. LOL I've had packaged go from being shipped from California head to Illinois before heading back to Washington (state) where I live. And my Test Tube package went from a town in Oregon (30 minutes south of where I live) up to Spokane (over 150 miles away) then back down which means my package CAME THROUGH my town. Once it reached Spokane it sat the weekend (though the 2nd) and then came back down to where I live THEN was transferred to the USPS before it finally reached me. Who the hell knows what these packaging companies are thinking since it makes zero sense to me why packages do stupid stuff like that. Oh and I once had a package delivered to me from Japan and ended up on the EAST COAST (Boston) before traveling back to the Pacific NW. Normally my packages from Asia end up in Los Angeles or San Francisco but that one ended up in Boston of all places before eventually making it's way to me.
That is ridiculous!  Wow...I never knew that shipping companies did that (no wonder shipping costs increase each year).  Thanks for clarifying, because I was completely confused by how it ended up in Indiana.  Now, I know that this seems to be the norm for them.  

yep.  mine's in Indiana too.  i'm in SC, so I think all the eat coast boxes are traveling together.  so glad i didn't order that booboo coverup.  what is that?!  a sample for ants?!  haha!  (ever see Zoolander?)  also, did you girls see that they told you the size of the samples when you were choosing?  i tried to order the largest ones within my interest range.

lol, wow mine is in Indiana as well! It's going to be awhile before it gets to Texas! Maybe I will have it no later than this time next week (fingers crossed!)

Back