Beauty Bar Sample Society February 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your dashboards should have updated, so you can see what you're getting.

I'm getting Kit A, and am really bummed about no makeup

Kit C

aah-211_small2a.jpg

• Ahava Osmoter Concentrate-SS

Love it? Hate it? Rate it

•  

Buy the full-size product » Shop the brand »  

I don't get why they put two Ahava or Alterna or Murad samples in some boxes this month instead of spreading them out so we wouldn't have brand repeats? Seems like an odd choice.

Quote: Originally Posted by panicked /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't get why they put two Ahava or Alterna or Murad samples in some boxes this month instead of spreading them out so we wouldn't have brand repeats? Seems like an odd choice.
Yeah I didn't get that either.  It's almost forcing me to seek out a swap.  

I cancelled SS once because I was getting bored and I wanted to try other boxes. I regretted it though because I missed having so many high-end skincare products to use. I hardly ever buy a full-size from there and always just rely on the samples month after month, ha! So I joined up again.

I found that this month there is a limited number of brands so they tried not to put the same into certain boxes like for example I already had pre-cleanse and a face toner as well as certain Alterna bamboo products.

I am quite happy with my box, 1 double so far which is pretty good (I have been subscribed more than a year). 

I might be in the minority here, but I LOVE everything in box C! Seriously, out of all varieties, this is my ideal box!

I have Kit C and I love it.

Alterna
is one of my favorite brands and I've been able to do several swaps on here for even more of their items. The

AHAVA 
I'm meh about but I'm always happy to try a new hair mask,

Phyto
. I'm growing my hair out to mid/lower back and with it being bleached blonde with lowlights every 6 weeks it needs all the help it can get to keep it healthy.

While reading through the spoilers, I was concerned about the duplicate brand products. But I'm happy with the ones I'm getting in Kit A because they're both volumizing products. I have to say, I think SS is going to be my favorite sub just based on how satisfied I am with my box every month!

I got my box today:  This is Kit B

The hair mask is a really good size, too bad I won't use it.  Nothing overly exciting about this kit but I will use almost all of it.  I'm curious if the spray will work well for giving my fine hair some extra volume.  

Well, I got my Kit E today and everything was great except the Face tonic had busted and had face tonic all over everything! As well as the Alterna bamboo Volume Spray had seeped out the pump lid and had that all over everything! sample Society was great about it and is sending me a new kit! I really can't blame them as it was the constant cold weather under 20 degrees the last two weeks that caused them to freeze! What a bummer. But I am looking forward to trying them out when I get them again! : )

Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, I got my Kit E today and everything was great except the Face tonic had busted and had face tonic all over everything! As well as the Alterna bamboo Volume Spray had seeped out the pump lid and had that all over everything! sample Society was great about it and is sending me a new kit! I really can't blame them as it was the constant cold weather under 20 degrees the last two weeks that caused them to freeze! What a bummer. But I am looking forward to trying them out when I get them again! : )

I had the same problem with the face tonic! The bottom of the vial was completely gone, luckily most of the product contents and the broken glass were contained by the plastic bubble wrap bag. I'm pretty sure it froze. I called SS and they said they would send me a replacement by the end of the week. Yay for good customer service!

I had the same problem with the face tonic! The bottom of the vial was completely gone, luckily most of the product contents and the broken glass were contained by the plastic bubble wrap bag. I'm pretty sure it froze. I called SS and they said they would send me a replacement by the end of the week. Yay for good customer service!
I'm so sorry! I am glad they are replacing it for you as they did for me! In fact, they are replacing the whole box. Iam so glad but they didn't have to do that. But the hair stuff had also leaked and was sticky so I guess they were just trying to be nice. They do have good CS and for that I am thankful for both of us so we can enjoy the whole box!! Have a great evening panicked!

I should be getting my box today. It's possible I'll like it more once I actually receive it, but overall I feel pretty "meh". I've gotten some good samples out of this sub, including some items I may purchase but I just haven't found it as exciting as I'd hoped. I'm going to give them another month or two to wow me. Full disclosure: It's highly possible I'm just suffering from sample overload.

Back