Beauty Bar Sample Society February 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn...I re-joined too late. I cancelled this sub last summer, but loved the spoilers I was seeing in this thread! Re-subbed last week thinking there was maybe a chance. Alas, my subscription starts with the March box :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey, I just had a really good experience (again) with BeautyBar customer service. When I received my box early last week, the glass face tonic vial was broken (presumably frozen) in the bubble wrap packet they shipped it in. I called and they answered immediately, and said they would have a replacement out to me by the end of the week. Towards the end of last week I received notification from BeautyBar that UPS had told them my shipment was delayed, and they wanted to give me a heads up. Today I received not a replacement face tonic as requested (the majority of the mess was contained in the plastic bubble wrap bag), but a whole new box! Sample Society may be a couple dollars more expensive than most of the beauty box subs, but I think they definitely make up for it in amazing customer service and nice brands. 
claps.gif

I've heard some great things about Sample Society, and they tend to slip my mind when I am considering a new box. I recently ended my subscription with PopSugar, and I'm looking for 2 mid-priced boxes to take it's place. I've got one down, but I'm sort of wavering between Sample Society and Blush. I am definitely more interested in skincare, and also very open to cosmetics but I'm most interested in value of the box overall, amount/size of samples etc. Do you all think that this is a box I should invest in, or should I choose something else?

I've heard some great things about Sample Society, and they tend to slip my mind when I am considering a new box. I recently ended my subscription with PopSugar, and I'm looking for 2 mid-priced boxes to take it's place. I've got one down, but I'm sort of wavering between Sample Society and Blush. I am definitely more interested in skincare, and also very open to cosmetics but I'm most interested in value of the box overall, amount/size of samples etc. Do you all think that this is a box I should invest in, or should I choose something else?
Rachel, you could go for one of the above or go for Petit Vour. $15. Emi Emi. $12. ???? More natural skincare and makeup. I also would go for the sample society before blush. Blush is $10 more where as sample Society is $15 and if you want one of the items in that months box they will take $15 off $50 if an item is from that months box. I don't think blush gives you anything off they are $10 more plus tax $26+ for me. And the products I got through SS I felt were better than the ones I got from Blush. Nancy

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I put Sample Society in the "like" not "love" category, but it is very skincare focused which is nice. I looked into Blush and there seemed to be a lot of product/brand overlap with Ipsy.

I would recommend SS. Some months are misses, I'm not a fan of red lipsticks/glosses and I've gotten a few, but some of the samples are amazing. In the past few boxes I've received a large sample (1.7 oz?) of a Phyto mask, Butter London's cuticle oil and a nail polish and several Alterna products.

http://www.beautybar.com/p/phyto-phytokeratine-mask-975649

http://www.beautybar.com/p/butter-london-handbag-cuticle-oil-76316

SS does repeat certain brands; Jane Iredale, Alterna, Murad, Butter London, Stila, but if you like these brands then this is a great subscription box. I'm also on the fence with PS, if the next box is as bad a February's or December's then I'm done with them too.

Miss Jexie! I like SS a lot better than Blush. I haven't received much in the way of great stuff from blush recently while sample size tends to be smaller in SS I like it better over all. SS is also $10 cheaper a month if that helps! Why don't you try a month or two of each and then make a choice of the one you want to stick with. Hey, you can always cancel!!!! Curosity what's the other box you choose? Now I'm just being nosy?????? LOL have a good time figuring it all out!

I love them both!  Blush is great because there are usually a good number of large items, but I love SS because they send high quality items and I use the codes towards full sized products, so generally it ends up being a good deal for me.  Plus, this thread is great.  Blush does often offer old mystery bags as grab bags like, http://www.dermstore.com/product_The+Glam+Bag_57107.htm, and they are only $20, but unless someone posts the contents, you do not know what you are going to get.

I really like Sample Society and think it's a great value. Sample sizes are usually pretty generous, and I like the way you can get the $15 back if you order one of the products. I found Sample Society when I was looking for the same things you were, and I haven't been disappointed! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Oh and also, their customer service is much better than the other boxes I get!

Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote: Originally Posted by misroule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoBlonde /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote: Originally Posted by puppymomofthree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote: Originally Posted by hitchcockblonde /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you ladies for all your honest feedback! I definitely think I'll be signing up for March! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Has there only been one spoiler so far? I'm debating on whether to cancel or not for March...I don't like the one spoiler we have seen.

Back