Beauty Box 5 - April

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
226
Reaction score
8
Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone decide to keep their box through April? They just posted on their facebook that boxes may include Makeup geek Eyeshadow Pans (https://www.beautybox5.com/makeupgeek/)

Im excited! My box should be here Monday!
I kept mine!  I saw that and am hoping to get one.  I don't think they will be in all boxes.  Up until now I thought that all the boxes were the same.  I am not for sure if I was wrong or if they are switching it up this time, but I am excited nonetheless :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

 
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
6,107
Reaction score
100
Originally Posted by Jacinta /img/forum/go_quote.gif



I kept mine!  I saw that and am hoping to get one.  I don't think they will be in all boxes.  Up until now I thought that all the boxes were the same.  I am not for sure if I was wrong or if they are switching it up this time, but I am excited nonetheless :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I think there were 2 or 3 versions last month. 

 
Joined
Feb 26, 2011
Messages
20,866
Reaction score
1,618
Location
USA
Well dang... I think I unsubscribed too fast if they're going to include MUG products. I have Corrupt but haven't tried it yet.

 
Joined
Feb 18, 2012
Messages
877
Reaction score
11
I'm pretty sure anybody who is on their third box will be getting the MUG! So woohoo! Now just to see what colors we get! Mine is at my local post office, so it may come a day early! 

 

yousoldtheworld

Michaela
Joined
Feb 11, 2012
Messages
6,689
Reaction score
2,637
Location
Nowhere, IN
Aww, make sure you show us what you get!  I was sad to cancel this one, as I liked it, but I really wanted to try Conscious Box. Sigh.

 
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
1,781
Reaction score
18
I really liked this and didn't want to cancel, but I cut down to only 1 sub, and there was no way I could let BB go! Everyone needs to show us what they got!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

 
Joined
Feb 16, 2012
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I was browsing their FB page. Some gals already received their boxes and don't seem too thrilled about them.. none of the ladies revealed the contents of their boxes though : /

 
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
449
Reaction score
1
I got my second box today. It was pretty uneventful. A Freeman's face scrub, Purlisse face lotion, Supergoop, Rosebud Salve (liked that a lot!) and LA Fresh makeup remover wipe packet. A small one, not a big packette like from Sindulge.

 
Joined
Apr 11, 2012
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
I received the same thing as eclipsechick08! I cancelled right after I knew this one shipped because I wanted to see what their 3rd month would be like. The only thing that I'm happy about is that I got the Rosebud Salve because that was the main thing that made me subscribe to begin with. It seems like they tend to give leftovers out to people who subscribed later on, like since I subbed the 2nd month they gave me the rosebud salve that they gave out the 1st month, just now. I guess that can be good and bad, because for instance I really wanted something from the first month, but at the same time it eliminates the element of surprise. I don't think it's a horrible subscription program, and I do think that with time they will probably be really awesome because they responded to a lot of girls on Facebook saying they will try to get larger samples (since we got practically all packet samples this month). I just think there are many more subscription programs out there that are better for me and I'd rather spend my money on..... like GLOSSYBOX! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> can't wait for that one !!!!

 
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
449
Reaction score
1
I agree! I actually cancelled last month but I had already been charged for this month. This was my second and last month. Not to thrilling for me.

 
Joined
Apr 20, 2012
Messages
403
Reaction score
4
I just opened mine. It was pretty sucky. I was on the fence and willing to give them another month so this box made my decision and I cancelled. I got a Supergoop packet, La Fresh packet, Purlisse packet,  Freeman Pink Grapefruit scrub and a Makeupgeek eyeshadow refill. Products I like but not for $12 with so much competition out there. They can't keep giving salve out forever. lol I wouldn't have minded if they would have given me another one in this box.

 
Joined
Jan 6, 2012
Messages
307
Reaction score
4
 I received the same box as you. I thought I could just email and call to cancel and assumed I was unsubscribed because I never received a March box. I just feel there are better subscription services out there and after emailing a cs rep yesterday I logged into my account to cancel. They already charged me for May so that will be my last box from them.

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my second box today. It was pretty uneventful. A Freeman's face scrub, Purlisse face lotion, Supergoop, Rosebud Salve (liked that a lot!) and LA Fresh makeup remover wipe packet. A small one, not a big packette like from Sindulge.
 
Joined
Feb 18, 2012
Messages
877
Reaction score
11
I got the same box as Totem.

I adore the MUG color I received. But as everyone else said the box is really meh. LA Fresh makeup wipes are too oily for my taste, I didnt like the pur-lisse moisturizer when I got it in MyGlam last month. I dont mind either the exfoliating scrub or the Supergoop, but they would have been better with other items. 

For some reason Im so hesitant to cancel. Maybe it is the petite, little boxes. I think they are so cute and so adorably packaged. But for $12 I don't think I got my money's worth. I doubt the value is more than $15. Maybe Ill rejoin in the future. But I think Im gonna go ahead and cancel. 

 
Joined
Feb 26, 2011
Messages
20,866
Reaction score
1,618
Location
USA
Those who got the MUG shadows was it the pans or the compacts? What color did you get? PICTURES PEOPLE! PICTURES! lol

 
Joined
Feb 10, 2012
Messages
162
Reaction score
2
I am on my third box.  I am feeling under-whelmed.  I got the make up geek eyeshadow, it is just the pan and no compact.  It is a really pretty shimmering chocolate brown called Bada-Bing.  I got the full size freeman grapefruit mask, one foil packet of pu-lisse moisturizer, one la fresh make up remover wipe, and one of the supergoop sunscreen wipes. I guess it seems cheap to me because I got an entire 24 pack of the LA Fresh make up remover wipes from Sindulge and Birchbox sent out 3 of those sunscreen wipes.  I checked on the webiste for Makeup Geek and the pans sell for $5.99.  I think I will really enjoy this eye shadow so I am okay with the box.  I am not a big fan of getting foil packets though when I pay $12 a month for a service.  I think I will stay with this company (and Sindulge) in the hopes that they improve and are just off to a rough start.   

 
Joined
Feb 18, 2012
Messages
877
Reaction score
11
I read on someone's blog that they charged a full month in advance, so even though I clicked the cancel link on the website I probably was already charged for may. That's annoying!

 
Joined
Feb 26, 2011
Messages
20,866
Reaction score
1,618
Location
USA
Originally Posted by JadedBeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am on my third box.  I am feeling under-whelmed.  I got the make up geek eyeshadow, it is just the pan and no compact.  It is a really pretty shimmering chocolate brown called Bada-Bing.  I got the full size freeman grapefruit mask, one foil packet of pu-lisse moisturizer, one la fresh make up remover wipe, and one of the supergoop sunscreen wipes. I guess it seems cheap to me because I got an entire 24 pack of the LA Fresh make up remover wipes from Sindulge and Birchbox sent out 3 of those sunscreen wipes.  I checked on the webiste for Makeup Geek and the pans sell for $5.99.  I think I will really enjoy this eye shadow so I am okay with the box.  I am not a big fan of getting foil packets though when I pay $12 a month for a service.  I think I will stay with this company (and Sindulge) in the hopes that they improve and are just off to a rough start.   
The MUG pan shadows are only $5.99 while the compacts are $7.99. The Freeman full size mask is $3.99. The LA Fresh wipe is only 42 cents based on the fact a box of 48 costs $19.99. Supergoop wipe is $1.25 based on a pack of 8 costing $10 (less if you consider that the 8 pack were on sale at Sephora.com for $5 for a few months. The foil packet.... depending on how you view it can be a few cents or zero. Basically the box this month came to at least $11.65.

 
Joined
Feb 10, 2012
Messages
162
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif



The MUG pan shadows are only $5.99 while the compacts are $7.99. The Freeman full size mask is $3.99. The LA Fresh wipe is only 42 cents based on the fact a box of 48 costs $19.99. Supergoop wipe is $1.25 based on a pack of 8 costing $10 (less if you consider that the 8 pack were on sale at Sephora.com for $5 for a few months. The foil packet.... depending on how you view it can be a few cents or zero. Basically the box this month came to at least $11.65.
hmmm well at least I got my money's worth lol Thank you for calculating it out.  It would have been nice to get the compact with the pan of shadow, but I think it will be fine if I keep it in the package it came in.  

 

Latest posts

Top