Beauty Box 5

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked up some boxes on Instagram and this appears to be the basic variation:

- Miss Jessie's Multicultural Curls - large foil

- Anna Naturals Glowing Mama walnut face and body scrub - sample jar

- Body Drench lip balm - full size 

- Revlon Bold Lacquer mascara - full size

- Argan Oil hair treatment - large foil
That's the variant I got.

My box got here today! I got Revlon Mascara, Argan Oil Hair Treatment, Body Drench Lip Balm in Red Licorice, Anna Naturals scrub and Miss Jessie's Multicultural Curls. Much better than previous month!

Eh I put the axe on ipsy today. Looking through my past few bags it's been kinda meh anyways. I can see several things I threw out because they were poor quality or things that weren't really suited for me. In all honesty Eco Emi is probably the perfect box for me but birchbox has me suckered in as their point system is awesome. Maybe I'll give it a few more months at bb5 and see how I like it...if I'm still on the fence maybe mix it up with something different. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I hear you about Birchbox. I was wondering about Eco Emi too, it looks fun and $15 per month is reasonable price, but the fact that they send a lot of lifestyle products somewhat turns me off. I believe there was a dog shampoo in the June box, and I don't have a dog... 

My box got here today! I got Revlon Mascara, Argan Oil Hair Treatment, Body Drench Lip Balm in Red Licorice, Anna Naturals scrub and Miss Jessie's Multicultural Curls. Much better than previous month!

I hear you about Birchbox. I was wondering about Eco Emi too, it looks fun and $15 per month is reasonable price, but the fact that they send a lot of lifestyle products somewhat turns me off. I believe there was a dog shampoo in the June box, and I don't have a dog...
I think the big thing is the lack of perks for members. It looks like Eco Emi really tries hard with their themed packaging though and a couple dollars more than bb5 it seems like it may be worth a try.

Id love to find a box like popsugar except half the price since hubby would never agree to that price a month. No dice. :/

Mine is out for delivery today, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no Miss Jessie's. Not that it isn't a great product, but after getting eight inches of perm cropped off in favor of a nice cool bob, I no longer have the curls for it! I wonder if there is a trade list for BB5...

This is my last box of a 3-month trial. I rec'd the mascara, hair mask, lip balm in lime gumdrop (my favorite item), the face scrub and the Miss Jessie's. I've heard good things about the mascara and I love facial scrubs so those are a win. I can always use hair masks. If not on me I have 2 girls so they never go to waste. I don't know if I'm going to sign up for another 3 months though. It's weird. I like a lot of what I received and you get great sample sizes so there's value but there's nothing that bowled me over. I feel like I should love this sub but I just ... don't. I'm not sure why.

Mine is out for delivery today, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no Miss Jessie's. Not that it isn't a great product, but after getting eight inches of perm cropped off in favor of a nice cool bob, I no longer have the curls for it! I wonder if there is a trade list for BB5...
You can always just put it in a general swap list.

So after emailing customer support about not getting a tracking number, we exchanged a couple of conversations back and forth. I decided to have her cancel my account and just do August's box. I think that will give me a good feel for this box and whether or not I want to continue onward. If it is as good as this months I may email them back and opt into a 3 month sub for the savings.

I told hubby in the meantime I'm just sticking with birchbox as far as boxes go...right now he has enough on his plate work wise that I think him hearing me get multiple boxes is the last thing he cares to hear.

The new code for half off of your first box is HALFOFFBOX...I am not sure when it is good until, maybe July 31?  I am torn on whether or not to try it out.  Is it hard to cancel?  I would just want the one box to start...

The new code for half off of your first box is HALFOFFBOX...I am not sure when it is good until, maybe July 31?  I am torn on whether or not to try it out.  Is it hard to cancel?  I would just want the one box to start...
I used a promo to try it last month and all you had to do was write an email to cancel

http://www.beautybox5shop.com/products/mega-makeup-mystery-box

Just got an email about this $99 mystery box with $200 worth of products

To much money for a surprise in my opinion. And only 25 available! All full size items though....
That's way too much money to gamble...
I'm wondering if you guys do the 3 month subs or the month to month? I emailed cs today and asked if it would be ok if I did the 3 month but turned off the autorenewal. Having a charge come out every three months sounds like a recipe for disaster and it would be nice to have the $10 a month rather than paying $12 to break it up monthly...

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to give it a go with the discount code now that I am no longer subbed to a certain Box times 3. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As I recall from 3-4 years ago, it's kind of hit and miss with this box but they ship very quickly to me which is good, living in the boonies but not too far from them.. I had mostly fun with my earlier boxes as I remember, and their CS people are extremely nice to talk to. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

August spoiler pic and link:

tumblr_n9ueyyclG91rqdfreo2_r2_500.png

http://blog.beautybox5.com/post/93972838063/augusts-sneak-peek-is-here-and-youre-going-to-be

I found the Classic Hollywood box contents on Insta:

10544276_683454591743172_219216752_n.jpg

The contents are listed in another Insta post as:

The Classic Hollywood #beautybox5 #specialedition box. Includes: 3 #makeup tools; #fusionbeauty lip fattener; #revloncosmetics mascara; #maybelline eyeliner; a pretty #loreal polish; #ElizabethArden lipstick & glasses from #sunglasswarehouse!

Did you guys see they released a spoiler on FB today? A full size Nanacoco lip gloss.
Yes, and all the shades look very nice and summery. I could wear all but the yellow-looking one. RV is only $4, so I hope this isn't the premiere product of the month LOL. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm excited to try the lip gloss...I'm not sure if I could pull off either of the more nude/brownish colors though. :/

@ - thank you for posting the spoilers! now, I'm glad I didn't get either of Hollywood boxes, I as I got Revlon mascara in my July box, Loreal nail polishes don't appeal to me. Would love to try Elizabeth Arden lipstick though...

Latest posts

Back