Beauty Box 5

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my box today. This month was nowhere near as good as last month. I received the Novex which I have tried before and did not like. I also received the ugliest color of nail polish ever created. It is black with these white flecks floating in the polish. I am going to toss it because I don't know anyone who would wear such a color, it is really nasty looking. I have tried the Pur-lisse before too and don't care for the product. The lip gloss is nice but I need another lip product like I need a hole in my head. I do like the face wipes, I can always use those. Next month is the last month of my subscription so it will be the deciding box. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My box arrived!

I'm iffy on the polish, only because it's a "chunky glittery" polish which isn't my thing... It can be gifted though! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'll decide on the lip gloss later, my skin tone isn't very forgiving to nude lip colors. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The hair product sounds interesting, I think that's what I'm most excited about!

My box is missing the Roux hair product from the card. I emailed them last night. Does anyone have any experience with their customer service in situations like this? I really, really want that product. It sounds perfect for the craziness that is my hair lately.

It's good to see other people like this box as well.  Like it's been said, it may not be as glamourus but I will use everything in it.  I like the Roux hair serum.  I had seen it around and wanted to try it so I was happy to get a full size verision! My polish was blue and also got the hot pink lip gloss. 

I still on the fence about IPSY.  I may give them until December.  We will see.  I still love birchbox and their points.  I'll always keep that one. 

I got the lip gloss in Lovely, the keratin, and the green polish. I had the same thought about the polish! What a weird color... but at the same time, I like it. 

The lip gloss is even better than expected! The texture actually reminds me of a Butter Gloss, and the staying power was on point.

My box is missing the Roux hair product from the card. I emailed them last night. Does anyone have any experience with their customer service in situations like this? I really, really want that product. It sounds perfect for the craziness that is my hair lately.
They have good customer service, in my experience. I received my box today and got the variation with the Roux serum and a mint green and white polish. It's this one from the shop:

styleessentials_nailpolish_touchofteal_4_1024x1024.png

I'm not huge on glitter polish, but this one looks kind of fun, maybe over a darker color. @@phanne I don't think I'll be using the Roux product, but if BB5 customer service doesn't hook you up for some reason and you would be willing to pay for shipping (or swap), I would be happy to send mine along to you. It's 4 oz, 

ETA: My Nanacoco color is First Kiss:

nanacoco_firstkiss_large.png

At first try, I like it, but it's pretty intense. It's not sticky and feels very moisturizing. It has a lot of pigment load. I'd almost categorize it more as a liquid lipstick than a gloss.

Well, I caved...I ordered with the half off code. Since the Ipsy bag and BB this month were kind of blah I thought maybe I should try something new. These look like very usable products for me, so why not for $6? Anyway, at the end they offered a one time mystery make up box for $39 (normally $65 I think?). Has anybody gotten that before? I didn't do it just because I am hoping to snag an Allure box, but wondering what is in it? They said that this is the only time I would see it offered. I did go for an additional $10 mystery box though, $10 is more manageable for a "mystery" offer than $39

I don't think I'll be using the Roux product, but if BB5 customer service doesn't hook you up for some reason and you would be willing to pay for shipping (or swap), I would be happy to send mine along to you. It's 4 oz,
This is so sweet of you! I'm hoping they will get back to me by tomorrow. They said it may take up to 5 days due to a large number of emails. So I'm still hoping they will make this right.

I just thought I'd pass this along, since it caught my attention. I really LOVE the Hask hair mask, and had it sitting in my cart, so this has motivated me to get it. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

sorry off topic!

@@Director Hi, I resent the message through the web interface, but it didn't give me a confirmation, just a blank form with a new captcha. If it didn't go through, please let me know! Thanks!

back on topic!

@@Allison H I really liked the Hask mask as well. Also, the packet is HUGE and I'm sure I could have gotten more than one use out of it. Also, it looks like you might receive more than 10 samples depending on whether or not they count the Eslor as one sample or 4. I also think the OGX sample is actually a shampoo and conditioner, and pretty sure the Jergens is 3 foils.

sorry off topic!

@@Director Hi, I resent the message through the web interface, but it didn't give me a confirmation, just a blank form with a new captcha. If it didn't go through, please let me know! Thanks!

back on topic!

@@Allison H I really liked the Hask mask as well. Also, the packet is HUGE and I'm sure I could have gotten more than one use out of it. Also, it looks like you might receive more than 10 samples depending on whether or not they count the Eslor as one sample or 4. I also think the OGX sample is actually a shampoo and conditioner, and pretty sure the Jergens is 3 foils.
@ We got your message, pls check email.

I just got a survey invitation from BB5 with the possibility of winning 1 of 4 $25 Sephora gift cards. I would recommend filling it out, as it seems like they are looking for some honest feedback, and it's kind of fun that when you answer a question you can see a breakdown of who voted for which answer (I'm gobsmacked that more BB5 subscribers would rather have a mani-pedi than a massage at a spa), and you also get to see the demographics of their subscribers. 

I just got a survey invitation from BB5 with the possibility of winning 1 of 4 $25 Sephora gift cards. I would recommend filling it out, as it seems like they are looking for some honest feedback, and it's kind of fun that when you answer a question you can see a breakdown of who voted for which answer (I'm gobsmacked that more BB5 subscribers would rather have a mani-pedi than a massage at a spa), and you also get to see the demographics of their subscribers.
I filled it out too! Hoping for some good changes in the future! We will see!

I filled it out too! Hoping for some good changes in the future! We will see!
Boy, that survey was long! But I'm happy to see that BB5 is trying to improve.

Latest posts

Back