Beauty Box 5

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2014-09-13 14.27.24.jpg

I was very excited to find my box in the mail today. Then I opened it. Eh, it was ok but nothing to write home about. The Nicka K is in green and the polish is a very generic mauve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out for delivery! I will have it when I get home from work. I just subscribed for the year because it's a much better price per box and I won't feel like I'm spending so much every month on subs. I'm tricking myself, lol I hope it was worth it and I really hope they don't put better stuff in the monthly paid boxes than the yearly. I'm worried cause I got a full size roux hair item last month and a lot of people got a packet hair item. I'm wondering if they are the people who pay 8.25 per box. I hope I'm wrong cause then I wouldn't renew my yearly. Did anyone who has a yearly sub get the roux? Prove me wrong, please.

I am still on the fence about this box. The polish I received is a really gorgeous, deep burgundy wine color, but I'm not really sure the co-wash is suitable for my fine, straight hair type. The products overall aren't as cheap and frankly obnoxious as the last couple of Ipsy bags I had, but...meh. I don't know why I always hover on the edge of keeping it or not.

I got my box yesterday!

I got the Nicka K in purple (very pretty) and the polish in a metallic dark red. Cute colors!

SOrry if it's sideways...my dropbox has been doing that lately...so annoying

Photo Sep 12, 4 05 26 PM.jpg

The Nicka is subtle enough to wear on my lower lashline for some color! Interested to try the conditioner tonight.

2014-09-13 14.27.24.jpg

I was very excited to find my box in the mail today. Then I opened it. Eh, it was ok but nothing to write home about. The Nicka K is in green and the polish is a very generic mauve.
What is the item in the black tube? I didn't get that... Instead I got yet another of those Revlon mascaras that I don't use which was a repeat from a few months ago.

What is the item in the black tube? I didn't get that... Instead I got yet another of those Revlon mascaras that I don't use which was a repeat from a few months ago.
if it's the same as what I got, it's Chrislie Formulations 3 in 1 eye bright - an overnight eye serum that is supposed to help your undereye area be firmer and brighter when you wake up.

I am still on the fence about this box. The polish I received is a really gorgeous, deep burgundy wine color, but I'm not really sure the co-wash is suitable for my fine, straight hair type. The products overall aren't as cheap and frankly obnoxious as the last couple of Ipsy bags I had, but...meh. I don't know why I always hover on the edge of keeping it or not.
The conditioner can be used as a regular after-shampoo deep conditioner, for non-co-washers. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I know what you mean about this box...it always ends up being pretty decent products for me, but somehow, just isn't ever super exciting!

I received a box with a Dr. Lin Acne Spot Corrector instead of the eye cream. I'm actually interested to try this, because my skin has been acting up recently. My Nicka K is purple, and my polish is a deep metallic purple/burgundy. 

I received a box with a Dr. Lin Acne Spot Corrector instead of the eye cream. I'm actually interested to try this, because my skin has been acting up recently. My Nicka K is purple, and my polish is a deep metallic purple/burgundy. 
Ahh, I'm a bit jealous, always looking for a good acne treatment because no matter how old I get I STILL FREAKIN' GET IT. Gah.

Here's my box. The nail polish cap wasn't screwed on all the way and leaked along the rim of the bottle, but luckily didn't get on anything else. Yellow is probably the worst color choice ever for my skin tone, but it'll match my Steelers game day outfits. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Some how I get two boxes. I need to figure out how to cancel one of them. My box and my limited edition box are still en route :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm tired of waiting already.

I got the purple nickak (love the color), reddish pink sparkly polish (it's pretty but very low quality), eye brightener deluxe sample, toe sep, conditioner foils. I'm happy with it for 8.25 I would probably not feel good about paying $12 especially since I just got toe sep from them in June. It seems like they always send a polish, I joined in June and have gotten one every month. I really liked that they sent that deodorant in June. I'm hoping that Walmart box sends another one since it was pictured. I hate buying deodorant because I always want to spend money on things that are more fun.

I am new to this subscription.  I have been trying to email, call and contact them.  Right now I cant even get into my account.  Maybe a smoke signal will work? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This month I received the toe separators.  I needed a new set of them so I was very grateful.  A bottle of pale pink nail polish that had gold, a beautiful sparkly red, and a cream white nail polish spilled all over it so I cant get into the bottle to try it, it is sealed shut.  I also received the three in one eye brightener which I am looking forward to trying.  August box I got the hair treatment I could try and loved it, July I got the candy licious lips and love it.  I hate to complain especially if I am new to something.  So if you all could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.  Am I correct that I should receive 3 samples or is it 5?  I have been getting 3 and usually only 1 of them is not defective.  I love trying new things and so even if it was not my cup of tea I still will try it to see if theres a way to make it work for me. Thank you for your time!

I am new to this subscription. I have been trying to email, call and contact them. Right now I cant even get into my account. Maybe a smoke signal will work? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This month I received the toe separators. I needed a new set of them so I was very grateful. A bottle of pale pink nail polish that had gold, a beautiful sparkly red, and a cream white nail polish spilled all over it so I cant get into the bottle to try it, it is sealed shut. I also received the three in one eye brightener which I am looking forward to trying. August box I got the hair treatment I could try and loved it, July I got the candy licious lips and love it. I hate to complain especially if I am new to something. So if you all could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Am I correct that I should receive 3 samples or is it 5? I have been getting 3 and usually only 1 of them is not defective. I love trying new things and so even if it was not my cup of tea I still will try it to see if theres a way to make it work for me. Thank you for your time!
You should get at least 5 items (and not so many defective items). :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't know what the best way to contact them is...I've only ever emailed them, and lately their response time is around 48+ hours (they've been pretty backed up). Do you have a Facebook account? Sometimes people receive a quicker response from FB. Good luck, I hope you resolve the problem soon!

So if you all could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.  Am I correct that I should receive 3 samples or is it 5?  I have been getting 3 and usually only 1 of them is not defective.  I love trying new things and so even if it was not my cup of tea I still will try it to see if theres a way to make it work for me. Thank you for your time!
It's called Beauty Box 5. You are definitely supposed to receive 5 samples each month in your box. And none of them should be defective. I've never had to contact them so far though so I can't speak to their customer service. 

Thank you  guys so much I thought the 5 was there in the name for a reason  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  but I kept getting mixed messages.  So before I started complaining too much I wanted to make sure of the rules and regulations.  I will try again to contact them this week.  Thank you all for you help and understanding!

I feel the same way. There are always items I like and will use, and items that make me want to ask "really, beauty box 5?, no, really???". Like second toe separator in four months. How many feet do they think I have?

Has anyone else noticed a stronger than normal smell in nail polishes this box sends?  My last 2 boxes both have had very strong smelling polish in them.
I got three nail polished from BB5 so far, I didn't notice anything unusual about the smell.

Received my California LE Box today...at first I was like "that's it" but I like the mascara, hair texture spray and the cattiva waterproof eye liner. Interested to see what came in the New York Box.

image.jpg

Back