Beauty Box 5

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my California LE Box today...at first I was like "that's it" but I like the mascara, hair texture spray and the cattiva waterproof eye liner. Interested to see what came in the New York Box.
Thanks for sharing! This is not bad at all! At least better than previous LE boxes I've seen.

I'll be stalking this tread in hopes of finding out what's in New York box.

For those of you asking about their customer service, I had some crazy issues with my first box (the 'extra' box that I decided to get for $10 when I signed up a while back with a free first month code), and the CS was very helpful.  It did take them a little while to get back to me, but they worked on resolving my issue right away.  Unfortunately, the issue didn't get fixed the first time so I ended up emailing her again.  The second time she was actually able to get the box out and moving and sent me a refund for half the cost for the time delay.

I emailed about the 2 boxes I get monthly which isn't bad when they are different but that rarely happens this month I received the hair conditioner packets, acne cream, black nail polish, and a green eye color in one and yellow nail polish and gold eye color in the other :/ hopefully they can get it figured out paying for 2 boxes when I really only want one isn't so fun anymore lol.

Took me 4 days to get a response from BB5 CS but when I did, it was straightforward.  (I was canceling.  I didn't feel like the value was there, for me, especially not with a few items from each box I couldn't use -- i.e., repeats of toe separators and foil packets of hair products for people who have very different hair textures than I do.)

I think I am suffering from beauty box fatigue at this point and have switched most of my subscriptions over to other things (Yogi Surprise, Meow Box, vegan UrthBox, Level Naturals "Good Box," etc.).  Still have Birchbox because I keep quitting and resubscribing with 100 point codes, and I have like half a year of Glossybox left (bought a year for $165 back in March or April).  Still trying to decide whether to keep Julep or not.

Looks like Beauty Box 5 released another LE box, and this time I'm actually tempted. However, I'm hesitant, as I didn't like any of their previews LE boxes.

here is a screenshot of email I got. 

BB5 LE box.png

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]Only make up and high-end sounds really tempting. [/SIZE]Any ideas which brand they are referring to? 

Looks like Beauty Box 5 released another LE box, and this time I'm actually tempted. However, I'm hesitant, as I didn't like any of their previews LE boxes.

here is a screenshot of email I got.

BB5 LE box.png

Only make up and high-end sounds really tempting. Any ideas which brand they are referring to?
I have no clue...I even went to Facebook to see if others might know. It looks like we're stumped.

I don't know if their packaging is particularly pretty, but they've featured Bellapierre in the past. That's my best guess. I would die if this turned out to be the Ellis Faas box and I was wrong, though!

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]obsessive person that I am, I actually went to mysubscriptionaddiction.com and went over the all boxes they sent out in the last year, and looks like [/SIZE]Bellapierre  is the only high-end brand they sent out. I'm going to pass on this box.

I have no clue...I even went to Facebook to see if others might know. It looks like we're stumped.
@@Allison H - I did the same, lol

I don't know if their packaging is particularly pretty, but they've featured Bellapierre in the past. That's my best guess. I would die if this turned out to be the Ellis Faas box and I was wrong, though!
@ - yeah, I don't see anything special about their packaging either. When the email mentioned pretty packaging, my first thought was "Benefit ?!", but I guest that was too optimistic. Plus I don't think they ever sent out Benefit.

They sent me an email today revealing the brand

Cativa
and 3 of the 6 products

eyeshadow quad, lip gloss, blingy compact
.  Liz posted the details on MSA

This was on BB5's insta:

10724676_807707432601586_1211910675_n.jpg

Spoiler Alert: Think PINK this October! EVERY subscriber will be getting a full-size @bellapierreofficial cheek and lip stain in Pink in their box this month! emoji

The remaining items appear to be:
Dual-ended Chapstick Hydration Lock - Moisturize and Renew
Extend Your Beauty tool (long spatula to get the last of the product out)
Nanococo nail polish
Lashem Picture Perfect anti-wrinkle cream

Last edited by a moderator:
This was on BB5's insta:

10724676_807707432601586_1211910675_n.jpg

Spoiler Alert: Think PINK this October! EVERY subscriber will be getting a full-size @bellapierreofficial cheek and lip stain in Pink in their box this month! emoji
I am VERY excited about this! I've been on a blush/cheek stain kick lately.

apparently, somehow I missed shipping email.  I just found it, and according to the tracking the box arrived at the local post office today. Hopefully, it will be delivered tomorrow :) 

apparently, somehow I missed shipping email. I just found it, and according to the tracking the box arrived at the local post office today. Hopefully, it will be delivered tomorrow :)
Yay! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box made it to my local post office today, so hopefully it'll get sorted and delivered today as well!

Mailman just arrived. My box:

2014-10-08 11.30.24.jpg

• Chapstick Hydration Lock
  • Bellapierre Cheek and Lip Stain
  • Extend Your Beauty Cosmetic tool - long, washable spatula
  • Nanacoco Nail Polish
  • Lashem Picture Perfect

Not bad. It's a solid box I guess, just nothing that excites me. This is my last BB5.

Mailman just arrived. My box:

2014-10-08 11.30.24.jpg

• Chapstick Hydration Lock
  • Bellapierre Cheek and Lip Stain
  • Extend Your Beauty Cosmetic tool - long, washable spatula
  • Nanacoco Nail Polish
  • Lashem Picture Perfect

Not bad. It's a solid box I guess, just nothing that excites me. This is my last BB5.
I got the same exact box.

I'm kind of underwhelmed and wish it was my last box, but I'm stuck for two more months. Notes to self (and others, if they tend to pprocrastinatelike I do), cancel before the last box arrives. Otherwise, they will charge you for the next period of your subscription (quarterly in my case).

I received the same box as above, except my Chapstick is the daytime/nighttime variety. I like the box overall. The nail polish color is almost exactly like a nail polish I recently received from PinchME, and I just received the exact Chapstick for a Smiley360 campaign. I can't wait to play with the BellaPierre. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really like Bella Pierre as a brand and this particular cheek stain (looked horrid on my lips, due to both color and formula cracking a lot) so to me this was worth the price I paid ($6/month from a long ago deal) and then some. I wasn't thrilled to get another Lash 'Em product (not a fan) but it was no biggie. Sending the same brand back to back to me is bad sub form but at least it wasn't a foil packet and was a different product since at first look I thought it was a repeat of Sep. My second favorite find was the wand. I've seen similar ones but hadn't picked one up hoping I'd get one from a beauty sub, so mission accomplished. The polish is just meh for me. I hope it's better (read: not old/expired) than the one from last month. Mine was awful with a terrible, goopy consistency. But I loved the shade so I wanted to see if it could be "fixed" so I took it to my manicurist. She looked up the sku number/brand/shade and saw that is was old. Well, that and she said it looked old, too. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed this is a good one. The Chapstick to me is filler. At some point every beauty sub throws one in the box. For me it's along the lones of getting a container of Vaseline, not what I consider a true beauty product but I know others love the stuff. Anyway, short story long, I thought this was a good box thanks to the stick and wand.

I really like Bella Pierre as a brand and this particular cheek stain (looked horrid on my lips, due to both color and formula cracking a lot) so to me this was worth the price I paid ($6/month from a long ago deal) and then some. I wasn't thrilled to get another Lash 'Em product (not a fan) but it was no biggie. Sending the same brand back to back to me is bad sub form but at least it wasn't a foil packet and was a different product since at first look I thought it was a repeat of Sep. My second favorite find was the wand. I've seen similar ones but hadn't picked one up hoping I'd get one from a beauty sub, so mission accomplished. The polish is just meh for me. I hope it's better (read: not old/expired) than the one from last month. Mine was awful with a terrible, goopy consistency. But I loved the shade so I wanted to see if it could be "fixed" so I took it to my manicurist. She looked up the sku number/brand/shade and saw that is was old. Well, that and she said it looked old, too. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed this is a good one. The Chapstick to me is filler. At some point every beauty sub throws one in the box. For me it's along the lones of getting a container of Vaseline, not what I consider a true beauty product but I know others love the stuff. Anyway, short story long, I thought this was a good box thanks to the stick and wand.
I use nail polish thinner to revive/save polishes that have gone all goopy and thick. It's about $5 or so for a bottle at Sally Beauty Supply that will last a long time. Don't use acetone or nail polish remover, because it'll screw up the polish in the long run, the thinner has the right mix of solvents to thin out the polish. It comes in really handy for those thick glitter polishes that always seem to be so goopy and hard to use.

Back