Beauty Fix

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That Arcona sounds really nice! 

Since I just ordered the Spring box last week, will I have to wait a while to order this box or does it just open up to everyone at the same time?
I think there is a window for ordering, but I found it easier to just cancel so that the window for me is open as soon as the new items are available.  I've only ordered once and then skipped the last 2 or 3 times.  

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Since I just ordered the Spring box last week, will I have to wait a while to order this box or does it just open up to everyone at the same time?
I think there is a window for ordering, but I found it easier to just cancel so that the window for me is open as soon as the new items are available.  I've only ordered once and then skipped the last 2 or 3 times.  

I'll give this a try once the new stuff becomes available. Thanks! 

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The summer box is what's coming up so they should allow you to pick.  Women who pick the week before the new box opens up (new subscribers) already have the new products available, so they are generally skipped for the new season (since they technically ordered it early).  Since you ordered during the Spring box season, you should be able to pick.  If it gives you troubles online, you can order over the phone instead.

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The summer box is what's coming up so they should allow you to pick.  Women who pick the week before the new box opens up (new subscribers) already have the new products available, so they are generally skipped for the new season (since they technically ordered it early).  Since you ordered during the Spring box season, you should be able to pick.  If it gives you troubles online, you can order over the phone instead.

Sounds good. Thank you! 

Has anyone made their selections yet? I'm trying to make mine, when I click select your kit, it takes me back to my account. Is it just me or is this happening to others?

I chose my kit today! I picked:

Arcona White Ice

Skindanavia Setting Spray 

Jane Iredale Pommisst 

Nick Chavez Styling Mousse

NeuLash Lash Enhancing Serum

Snowberry Soothing Eye Serum

3 Lab M Creme

Nick Chavez Volume Shampoo

About a $230 value. This was my second season, and I paid full price ($49.99), but I am very happy with my selections. I will use the $25 coupon they give you for reviewing 2 products, so I think it's a great value. This coupon can also be used partly on the Blush mystery box too, so more great items. 

I chose my kit as well: Arcona Magic White Ice, Nailtiques Hand Conditioner, Vichy Aqualia Therma Rich Cream, Exuviance Rejuvinating Treatment Masque, Jane Iredale Lip Drink, Spongelle Redi Buffer, Nailtique Polish, Lisa Hoffman Serum Total value approximately $163. My value could have been higher but I purposely steared away hair products and I also wanted some variety and not just choose face products, but I am happy with what I chose. Can't wait to get my box.

To order or to skip...

Right now I have

Santalia Daily Cleanser (I'm running out of my cleansers) - $22.95

Arcona Magic White Ice seems nice, but it's only about half the size of a regular bottle - $20

Guinot Gommage Biologique value (1/3 normal size)

Glytone Sunscreen $39

Jane Iredale Lip Drink (My lips are so sensitive, I'm always looking for a good lip product, I just feel like it's a waste when I spend so much and can't use any of them) $12

Jane Iredale Pommist Spray $18.50

DDF Amplifying Elixir value $25 (1/3 normal size)

The sunscreen doesn't excite me and it's the most expensive thing on my list! (I'd never pay $40 just for a sunscreen! I just usually buy the Neutrogena things which I think are around $10?)

My first box had mostly full sizes, and my last box had a lot of tiny sample sizes, so now I'm being pickier about whether I want a sample.  (I know I was completely turned off by all of the 0.25oz size bottles that I had last time, they were the size of my pinky finger)

The DDF I'd probably like, as well as the Arcona Magic White Ice (I'm a serum junkie), but I don't know that two things are worth 6 things that I'm not excited for.  Usually I want at least 4 things I'm excited for, 2 things I'm looking forward to and maybe 2 throw away items since it's a good deal.

I think I may have to skip this season...

Of the new items, I am most interested in the Arcona Magic White Ice. Unfortunately, I don't see enough to warrant spending $50 when I have a stock-pile of products that I should use up (before adding more to the pile).

One thing I loooove about Beautyfix is their shipping time. I placed my order the the 12th, and my package got here today. So much faster than most services. 

Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I chose my kit today! I picked:

Arcona White Ice

Skindanavia Setting Spray 

Jane Iredale Pommisst 

Nick Chavez Styling Mousse

NeuLash Lash Enhancing Serum

Snowberry Soothing Eye Serum

3 Lab M Creme

Nick Chavez Volume Shampoo

About a $230 value. This was my second season, and I paid full price ($49.99), but I am very happy with my selections. I will use the $25 coupon they give you for reviewing 2 products, so I think it's a great value. This coupon can also be used partly on the Blush mystery box too, so more great items. 
Great selection!

Grrrr...I called BeautyFix to skip this quarter.  My account was way messed up so I spent forever on the phone trying to get it worked out.  At the end of a 20 minute phone call I confirmed that everything was set and I would not get anything for this quarter or be charged.  

Sooo...got an email just a few moments ago that, of course, my Beautyfix kit of random crap that I didn't choose (of course!) is on its way to me...hooray!!

Not happy.

That is all.

Just needed to witch.

I received this email yesterday. I'm not a subscriber but I did purchase two gift boxes last year. 

2a.gif

Got this email a couple days ago, too.

I think they're going to lose a big chunk of their subscriber base, because the main appeal of Beauty Fix was the ability to choose your own products. 

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got this email a couple days ago, too.

I think they're going to lose a big chunk of their subscriber base, because the main appeal of Beauty Fix was the ability to choose your own products. 
That's exactly what I thought too. Also, with the blush mystery box, subscribers don't get the $25 off $50+ purchase that BeautyFix gave with the completion of 2 surveys.

Well that's lame. I skipped this quarter but I was going to get the next one. Bummer. 

I cancelled beauty fix but a random selection of items arrived. I called and they immediately credited the full amount of box and told me to just keep it. They were very professional.

I never skipped this year and I haven't cancelled, yet I also haven't been charged. Hmmm, I think they forgot about me.

I don't think I'll subscribe, but there's a 25% off code for today only if you sign up for the sub: LOVEBLUSHBOX 

I just got my notification today. I am so glad I ordered the last Beautyfix and got some great stuff in it! I can kind of understand why they would do this. For one thing, I imagine sales dropped off sharply after all the 'good stuff' was gone. But I would rather have seen them try to fix this problem in a different way. For example, put product selections in tiers. Allow only 1 or 2 picks from the top tier, 3 picks from second tier, the rest from third tier. They could base the tiers strictly on value/size to make it fair and not risk insulting the companies. Whatever. But $25 is a LOT for a monthly box. More than Glossybox even, and I think they are too high for a monthly sub. I did sign up for Wantable at $36, but I can skip them if I want. This is just a bad, bad idea. I am thinking about getting the first few boxes (only because I suspect they will be the best they'll ever put out to convince people to join up). Plus, the LOVEBLUSHBOX code still works right now. But, I probably will dump them pretty quickly. Is anyone else thinking the same thing? Or is it just me?

Back