Beauty Fix

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went ahead and ordered. I made sure I ordered the most expensive stuff including three full size products - cause I am greedy.

I went ahead and ordered. I made sure I ordered the most expensive stuff including three full size products - cause I am greedy.
Report back if you just get charged the 19.99 or if they try to do the full amount..

I called yesterday to unsubscribe, and was told I wasn't a member and must have only subscribed for a single box purchase.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Here's my history with Beautyfix: I enrolled last year, using the $30 off code everyone was raving about. It didn't work online, and I had to call to get that amount refunded to my card. After getting my box,  I wrote several product reviews, which got me a $25 gift card at Dermstore (on a $50 purchase). Pretty cool, right?

Then the next quarter opened, and I didn't see 8 things I wanted to pay full price on. So I called and skipped that one.

Next  quarter, I found things I liked enough to pay full price (taking into account the GC I would earn for writing reviews). But I never got credit for my reviews. I sent e-mail repeatedly to customer service, none of which were answered. Then I posted complaints on their Facebook wall. Their response was to call me, but their caller ID comes through as out of area. They left voicemail. I called back and this began an endless round of telephone tag, as ONLY the woman who called me was able to deal with the gift card issue. Finally I got her, but all she could do for me was refund me $25 to my credit card or put it as a credit to my next box. I asked for the refund.

One month later, still nothing. I complained on their Facebook wall again. Only then did I get e-mail from the woman who had promised my refund. The $25 credit showed up on my Mastercard statement, so I called Beautyfix to cancel so I would never have to deal with them again.

Only to be told I wasn't subscribed.

Their products are pretty good, but the way they administer  their program SUCKS.

Originally Posted by StillPooh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I called yesterday to unsubscribe, and was told I wasn't a member and must have only subscribed for a single box purchase.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Here's my history with Beautyfix: I enrolled last year, using the $30 off code everyone was raving about. It didn't work online, and I had to call to get that amount refunded to my card. After getting my box,  I wrote several product reviews, which got me a $25 gift card at Dermstore (on a $50 purchase). Pretty cool, right?

Then the next quarter opened, and I didn't see 8 things I wanted to pay full price on. So I called and skipped that one.

Next  quarter, I found things I liked enough to pay full price (taking into account the GC I would earn for writing reviews). But I never got credit for my reviews. I sent e-mail repeatedly to customer service, none of which were answered. Then I posted complaints on their Facebook wall. Their response was to call me, but their caller ID comes through as out of area. They left voicemail. I called back and this began an endless round of telephone tag, as ONLY the woman who called me was able to deal with the gift card issue. Finally I got her, but all she could do for me was refund me $25 to my credit card or put it as a credit to my next box. I asked for the refund.

One month later, still nothing. I complained on their Facebook wall again. Only then did I get e-mail from the woman who had promised my refund. The $25 credit showed up on my Mastercard statement, so I called Beautyfix to cancel so I would never have to deal with them again.

Only to be told I wasn't subscribed.

Their products are pretty good, but the way they administer  their program SUCKS.
lol thank you for this. this diminishes any desire i had to sub.

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's tempting me too but I really don't need anything.
ditto. yay for us! we are learning to abide by our low/no buys lol

Originally Posted by Clackey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

$30 makes the box only $19.99!  Very tempting!
I gave in. This was too good to pass up. I'm not sure I will keep for $49 though. 

I signed up, but the code I used didn't work, they didn't let me resubmit it, so now I'm signed up for the full $49.99. Why would they only give me 1 chance to put in a code before just putting the order through? 
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Report back if you just get charged the 19.99 or if they try to do the full amount..
I was already a subscriber so no code for me!

I called them about the code, and they said they would credit my account for the $30. I'm excited to try out this box. I think my first order is worth over $300, so we'll see if I like the products enough for it to be worth it. 

Got my box. Worth every penny.  

Jonathan Product Finish Control High Shine Flexible Hairspray 10 oz. 

Jonathan Product Finish Shine Polishing Gloss 1.7 fl. Oz.

Zensation Super Rich Repairing Mask 1.7 oz. 

Zensation Glycolic Acid Essence 10% 1 oz. 

Intelligent Beauty Rescue Rapid Repair Hair Mask 6 oz. 

Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel 0.5 fl. Oz.

Peter Thomas Roth Lashes To Die For Mascara 0.17 fl. Oz. 

Snowberry Smoothing Eye Serum 0.24 fl. Oz.

Beautyfix cylinder cosmetic bag with mirror.

I wish Jonathan product was still the same as when Jonathan owned it but it's not. I just don't care for the new formulation.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish Jonathan product was still the same as when Jonathan owned it but it's not. I just don't care for the new formulation.
I hadn't tried it before, and now you've got me sadly pondering the greatness-that-was that I can never have!  
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I called them about the code, and they said they would credit my account for the $30. I'm excited to try out this box. I think my first order is worth over $300, so we'll see if I like the products enough for it to be worth it. 
I think my box is worth maybe $150 at most.

No big items I really wanted...oh well.

But I am glad to pay $150 total for the 4 "seasons" and still get the 4x $25 dermstore coupon codes- which is one of the main reasons I am still w Beautyfix :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

there are too many "drugstore" items I use at Dermstore for me to refuse such a deal.

(I do like some high end stuff.....but LOL still have not seen high end allergy cream anywhere yet......buying tons of Calagel is on my list, along w Supersmile tooth products).

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

aww did he sell it?

He had a reality show several years back chronicaling his salon development and his products, and at the end of the show he was on QVC selling them. I am sad because he seems like a really cool guy.

he cracked me up because he was calling everyone dude and chick and the QVC people were trying to tell him he couldn't do that..and he went to a business meeting in LA wearing flip flops jeans and a t shirt with a blazer over it.

The whole California Business model makes me laugh. I'm from this state so I recognize it everywhere and it makes me chuckle.

That's a bummer he sold his business though. =(

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

aww did he sell it?

He had a reality show several years back chronicaling his salon development and his products, and at the end of the show he was on QVC selling them. I am sad because he seems like a really cool guy.

he cracked me up because he was calling everyone dude and chick and the QVC people were trying to tell him he couldn't do that..and he went to a business meeting in LA wearing flip flops jeans and a t shirt with a blazer over it.

The whole California Business model makes me laugh. I'm from this state so I recognize it everywhere and it makes me chuckle.

That's a bummer he sold his business though. =(
hahah California, where the billionaires wear hoodies and sneakers ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back