Beauty Fix

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I do have 8 items I want, I realized that I already have plenty of items (and samples) similar to all of my 8 picks that I need to use up :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This looks like a good quarter but I will pass.

Once again nothing I want. They all seem like small samples to me and not at all worth $49.99. I will skip for the 3rd season in a row. Or maybe just cancel all together. Havent decided yet.

Originally Posted by SarahElizSS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Once again nothing I want. They all seem like small samples to me and not at all worth $49.99. I will skip for the 3rd season in a row. Or maybe just cancel all together. Havent decided yet.
How do you skip?

I was a little paranoid that my box wouldn't be worth it, even though I did want a few things, so I decided to tally the costs before buying. Boy was it worth it! I really wanted the Jurlique, as it's one of my all time favorite products, really needed a new face cleanser and scrub and hair spray and was glad to see some available this quarter. All in all, very good go-around for me and I'm so glad to try the stuff. I'm especially curious about the Zensation, which are full sized offerings.

Arcona Cranberry Gommage Exfoliator $12.35

Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel $24

Glytone Mild Gel Wash $30

Oxygenetics Moisturizer $51

Denise Richards Volume Extend Finishing Spray $19.99

Zensation Glycolic Acid Essence $75.00

Zensation Super Rich Repairing Mask $75.00

Nailtiques Hand Conditioner $13.99

Total Value: $301.33

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do you skip?
I actually canceled after my first time picking.  That way, you can reorder whenever you want.  if you want to skip, just call Cust Svc and request a skip.  

Originally Posted by puppyluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know if the code to get the first box for $20 still works??
That code hasn't worked for a couple months now.  I think the only way to get a discount is to get a referral.  Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Originally Posted by samplegal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was a little paranoid that my box wouldn't be worth it, even though I did want a few things, so I decided to tally the costs before buying. Boy was it worth it! I really wanted the Jurlique, as it's one of my all time favorite products, really needed a new face cleanser and scrub and hair spray and was glad to see some available this quarter. All in all, very good go-around for me and I'm so glad to try the stuff. I'm especially curious about the Zensation, which are full sized offerings.

Arcona Cranberry Gommage Exfoliator $12.35

Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel $24

Glytone Mild Gel Wash $30

Oxygenetics Moisturizer $51

Denise Richards Volume Extend Finishing Spray $19.99

Zensation Glycolic Acid Essence $75.00

Zensation Super Rich Repairing Mask $75.00

Nailtiques Hand Conditioner $13.99

Total Value: $301.33
Wow, you got a great deal!

I just called and skipped this month.

I feel like it wasn't skipped though...I told them my name and address and the lady seemed kinda confused but didn't want to admit and said well alright you are taken care of.

I guess I will call again tomorrow and see for sure.

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just called and skipped this month.

I feel like it wasn't skipped though...I told them my name and address and the lady seemed kinda confused but didn't want to admit and said well alright you are taken care of.

I guess I will call again tomorrow and see for sure.
Ha ha, I totally do this too.  Good to know I'm not the only neurotic one double-checking customer service and calling "just to make sure" it really was canceled/skipped.

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ha ha, I totally do this too.  Good to know I'm not the only neurotic one double-checking customer service and calling "just to make sure" it really was canceled/skipped.
You are not!! It just felt odd for me specially since most of the people I talk to over the phone ask me how to spell the name of the city I live in. But I guess she just knew??

I mean if it was $10.00 it wouldn't hurt if it was taken out of my account but $50.00 would hurt my bank account. 

I actually canceled after my first time picking.  That way, you can reorder whenever you want.  if you want to skip, just call Cust Svc and request a skip.  
Yeah, I'm debating whether I should do this 
icon_rolleyes.gif
.  I mean the benefit of skipping as opposed to canceling is that your beauty profile is saved, so the products I need are more likely to pop up each season.  But when you call to skip the season, they really don't give you a confirmation that you've skipped -- you sorta just have to trust them....I don't want to risk being sent a $50 box of random products I don't want. Hmmm...
doze.gif

The picking for the Spring Season ends March 26th, 11:59pm PST.

I just called and skipped, because I've learned that if I don't know what I want immediately, I'll just call and skip first, then stare at the page for a few days to decide whether I want them or not.  All I had to do was ask "Hi, I'd like to skip this season?" and she asked me for my e-mail address and said I was skipped for this season.  Rather easy, I was on hold maybe 5-8 minutes, then the phone call itself was less than 60 seconds.

I didn't realize that the zensation items were $75! holy cow.

My initial picks:

B. Kamins Nia-Stem Moisturizer KX 15ml 

Oxygenetix Oxygenating Moisturizer 1oz

--not sure on these two though because I prefer my daytime moisturizers to have SPF and prefer to use thicker creams for night moisturizing

DDF Amplifying Elixir .5oz

ZENSATION Super Rich Repairing Mask 1.7oz

ZENSATION Glycolic Acid Essence 10 Percent 1oz

Moses Smoothing Elixir Shampoo and Hair Mask Set 5oz  -- I think a hair mask would be fun to try out but I've never tried one for real before.

Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel .5oz

Maybe the Eminence Stone Crop Gel Wash 4oz, since it says it'll clean eye makeup?  I'd have to see reviews to see if it'll wash off waterproof makeup though.

Okies, I'm still confused about this program (just got my first kit last week).  I still have some questions about their program and CS gave me the "run-around" with most of these questions 
confused.gif

• Is there an online confirmation that shows you've skipped this season?
  • Once you skip a season do you still have the ability to select products?
  • Is there a time-frame when selections must be made (if so when and how long is it)?
  • Will they bill/deliver a random box to you if you do not make selections?

Note: I called to skip this season but my account still looks the same and I still have the ability to select the new products -- so I'm so confused!

Originally Posted by bumbeaute /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okies, I'm still confused about this program (just got my first kit last week).  I still have some questions about their program and CS gave me the "run-around" with most of these questions 
confused.gif

• Is there an online confirmation that shows you've skipped this season?
  • Once you skip a season do you still have the ability to select products?
  • Is there a time-frame when selections must be made (if so when and how long is it)?
  • Will they bill/deliver a random box to you if you do not make selections?

Note: I called to skip this season but my account still looks the same and I still have the ability to select the new products -- so I'm so confused!
you can always select products, that's all I can really answer, anyone can go in and select products 

I just got off the phone with CS (once again) to get to the bottom of this skipping business lol...

• Skipping can only be done by phone -- website will be updated in the future to apply this feature

• No confirmation is given once you've skipped; you have to call to confirm (the first CS said she skipped me, but the 2nd CS said my season was not skipped -- so definitely call!)

• Selections must be made 1 week before shipments occur (they ship during 2nd or 3rd week of the month)

• You will be billed & sent a random box if you fail to make selections or skip each season

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

you can always select products, that's all I can really answer, anyone can go in and select products 
iagree.gif
 Yeah, after CS told me this I knew that's how they lure you in lol 

Originally Posted by bumbeaute /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got off the phone with CS (once again) to get to the bottom of this skipping business lol...

• Skipping can only be done by phone -- website will be updated in the future to apply this feature

• No confirmation is given once you've skipped; you have to call to confirm (the first CS said she skipped me, but the 2nd CS said my season was not skipped -- so definitely call!)

• Selections must be made 1 week before shipments occur (they ship during 2nd or 3rd week of the month)

• You will be billed & sent a random box if you fail to make selections or skip each season

iagree.gif
 Yeah, after CS told me this I knew that's how they lure you in lol 
yup, they make it too easy! XD

The code for new subscribers to receive $30 off their first box (new subscribers only) is BFIX4

Latest posts

Back