Best eye make-up remover?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would just like to say the other day I got both Rimmel eye makeup remover and Neutrogena eye makeup remover pads.  They both claim to remove wp mascara.....THEY DONT!!!  lol  The liquid neutrogena remover works amazing though.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would just like to say the other day I got both Rimmel eye makeup remover and Neutrogena eye makeup remover pads.  They both claim to remove wp mascara.....THEY DONT!!!  lol  The liquid neutrogena remover works amazing though.

I have to say I wasn't overly thrilled with Neutrogena's liquid. I tried it because you got more for your dollar (being on sale once) but I needed to wipe my eyes TWICE with two separate cotton balls to get everything off. And sometimes would still wake up with smudges under my eyes. 

wow really?  I've been using that stuff for yeeeeeears and have found nothing that compares to it and I wear WP everything !!

I just use baby oil. It takes everything off including mascara with one swipe. No tugging or pulling either.

I'm using shu uemura cleansing oil as well...really nice as makeup remover and normal facial cleansing..Don't have to do double cleansing and won't dry out your skin...other will be biore makeup remover tower when i'm really tired or get back very late at night..work super fast in removing makeup.. 
biggrin.gif

Baby oil is the best. I used to do mime (yes mime, white face and all) and that's what I used to wipe off the grease paint. So if it will take off that stuff, WP make up doesnt stand a chance.

Originally Posted by sylvie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just use baby oil. It takes everything off including mascara with one swipe. No tugging or pulling either.

Corina,

Thanks for this. I dont know why I never thought to try that before. When I went to school in Santa Barbara, we would hang out @ the beach a lot. The beaches still have tar from past oil spills that come up and get stuck on the bottom of your feet. The only thing that cut through that gently and easily was olive oil. 

Awesome!

Originally Posted by Corina M /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you tried olive oil? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's what I use when I'm wearing a lot of eye make-up. Most make-up removers just soak(I can't think of a better word:) ) the make-up, so you still need to rub the make-up off, while olive oil breaks off the particles in it, wich means you're just left with some oil to softly remove. I hope this makes sense :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />).

So you just softly dab the oil into your skin, wait for a couple of seconds (with your eyes closed, it's still oil!) and then gently clean it off. I usualy use my normal make-up remover after just to remove the grease. This is a great way to remove heavy make-up without harming your skin, and it shouldn't irritate it either.

I use Cliniques' Eyes, Lashes and Lips make-up remover. It does the job perfectly!!! I have sensitive skin. It is oily but if you happen to get it in your eye it is very gentle and doesn't burn. After that I use Bioderma facial cleansing water, it's gentle and makes the skin feel velvety soft. I'm almost out of it and don't know where to get it. I got it in Paris, I'm currently in Germany on the look out for it. (>_<)

I absolutely LOVE Bobbi Brown's makeup remover! It's gentle & you don't need a lot of the product to get the heavy duty makeup off :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You should try Johnson's baby oil, it has amazing reviews and I'm SO trying it the next time I use some gel liner.

But for now I'm using Beyond Believing makeup removing wipes, they work great.

I use Jurliques Jojoba Oil - I place a few drops on my fingers and gentle dap onto eye area - it's very gentle and since using this (for at least 3 years now!) my lashes have become stronger.

Very worthy of trying!

If you're looking for creamy eye makeup removers I totally recommend The Body Shop Camomile Waterproof Eye make-up Remover ($14.50). It's super gentle and it takes off everything.

I use Cliniques' Eyes, Lashes and Lips. It's pricey but a little goes a long way. It's very gentle on the eyes, I absolutely love it!! It is oil based but its not a problem for me because I wash my face afterwards.

I've been using Lancome eye makeup remover.  It smells really good, and shouldn't burn.  I have very sensetive skin, and it works wonders.  The only problem I have with it, is getting it off my lower lashline.  You won't have to scrub, but you do need a little bit of stragety to work it in there.  A little pricey, but well worth it!

Applying eye makeup is easy but removing makeup is a little bit tough job. For this I prefer to make use of best quality eye makeup remover.

I'll vote for the Lumene product also.  I've used wipes (Neutrogena), baby oil, vaseline, etc., and a little Lumene on a Q-tip will still come up with liner and mascara left behind.  I regularly use it to remove liner from the waterline and it never stings my eyes.  Good stuff! 

I have a young daughter that loves to play with makeup so when I bought the store brand stuff, I realized I was going through a lot of makeup remover so I've discovered baby wipes and if I need a more heavy duty remover, Vaseline.  For the baby wipes, I make sure they are for sensitive skin.  They work better than any remover I've used and they aren't as costly.  Vaseline is an inexpensive must-have as well and leaves my skin soft after:) Didn't think of olive oil.  I think that may be the best deal of all!!

Back