Best eye make-up remover?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want cheap and effective, go with olive oil and a microfibre facial cloth.  You can pick one up cheap at dollar stores.  I use them the cloth for a month, clean it after every use and usually toss it after a month.  The cloth is soft but it works well to wipe off makeup.

olive oil is AMAZING. it can pretty much take off all your makeup in a single wipe, even the most stubborn "waterproof" stuff. but you definitely need to wash your face afterwards, the oil always leaves a film on my eyes

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you want cheap and effective, go with olive oil and a microfibre facial cloth.  You can pick one up cheap at dollar stores.  I use them the cloth for a month, clean it after every use and usually toss it after a month.  The cloth is soft but it works well to wipe off makeup.

I used to use Loreal's makeup remover but started playing around with making my own when I got sick of paying nearly $10 a bottle for the stuff. Ive always hated oils because they end up running into my eyes and leaving them foggy and filmy. Really uncomfortable. But oils do the best job of removing makeup, especially waterproof eye products. So I came up with my own liquid blend that contains oils but doesn't feel oily at all and doesn't irritate the eyes. It takes absolutely everything off, which is great because I'm a fan of waterproof mascara, liners, etc and don't like having to tug at my eyes to get those products off. I also wanted a gel consistency remover, which allows me to massage it into my lashes when I've got many coats of waterproof mascara on, or waterproof liner with powder shadow set over top of it. That also obviously had to contain oil but not be oily at all and also not irritate my eyes or leave an oily film in them. So I came up with another formula, with just the raw materials I had at home. Granted, I do have a lot of raw materials. Probably more than the average person. They're not just made from things found in a regular kitchen. I haven't bought eye makeup remover for around over a year now, and never will again. I've got 2 types of removers which work on every type of makeup imaginable, is free of chemicals, fragrances and petroleum by-products, they are gentle on the skin around my eyes, they don't leave a chemical residue on my skin, they're great for my eye lashes, and they cost me very little when compared to Loreal's makeup remover - which is nothing but cheap rubbish, really, packaged and marketed to sell for a very high price when compared to the cost of the chemicals and other ingredients they use. I also no longer lose eye lashes when using waterproof eye makeup products, which is great b

For me nothing beats Olive Oil. It's very affordable than buying a makeup remover and does the job really well. It's also a great moisturizer for the lashes. I have been using EVOO for awhile now when removing my makeup and I've never had any problems with it. It can remove all the water proof eyeliners and mascaras easily and it doesn't hurt my eyes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Use your facial cleanser and then wash your face and eyes again. You don’t want any outstanding oils on your face.

Originally Posted by Syn DejaVu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use Mary Kay oil free makeup remover.  It works great with sensitive eyes, contact wears, which I am.  It gets off most eye makeup.  If I am wearing waterproof mascara, I would have to go over twice, but it gets everything off nonetheless.  

I LOVE Mary Kay's makeup remover for the same reason - contacts. My mom sells it and I unfortunately don't live close enough to where I can just go grab a bottle now. I'm giving Sonia Kashuk a try when my bottle runs out.

Bi-facil from Lancome is the best one that I have used so far, it removes everything on your eyes and it doesn't burn =) Baby oil and olive oil are good too, you can give them a try.

I love Neutrogena's eye makeup remover too! Just soak my cotton pad with it and press it gently over my eye for 15 seconds and wipe it off, it removers 80% off my eye make up, then I just need to rub it gently around my upper lash line to remove my waterproof eyeliner

I have an NYC waterproof eyeliner too but it smudges sometime. I also tried my newly bought Revlon color stay eye liner and used it today, 12 hours later (from 3pm to 3am) it is still there! No smudge, no fade! I could also easily remove it with my eye makeup remover. The only downside is I have to sharpen very often for a defined line.

Another choice would be NYX slide on pencil eyeliner, it is a more affordable substitute for UD's 24/7 eyeliner because I am not willing to pay $19 for one when I can get one from NYX for $8 and it works as good as UD's.

I've gone through Clinique Take The Day Off twice in about 6 months, and I'm 2/3rds through my 3rd bottle (I've had problems with spilling). Except for the packaging, it works wonders, waterproof mascara slides right off!

I use Bioderma Crealine H20 and Shu Umera cleansing oil. I've even purchased a small sample of the latter for travelling, so I'm covered. 

I've used olive oil and baby oil before I discovered the Shu Uemura one, but I could never go back now. They remove makeup perfectly, but you do need to wash the face thoroughly afterwards for all the oil residue to go away (and you can't do it with water only, you need another product), so I can't bother to do it anymore. It's the perfect solution when you've run out of your regular makeup removal though!

I use baby shampoo. The No More Tears kind. It gets off everything. Even if you oil cleanse, you still might need something to get the oil out of your eyes. It cleans out everything without irritation. 

If you add a small amount of polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), the oils will emulsify with the water and rinse clean. 

I used Neutrogena's after running out of my Lumene's and have to say I did not get the results I wanted. Lumene's is VERY similar to Mary Kay's (if not better) but cheaper on a retail level. Doesn't bother my contacts, gets it all off!  I'm running out of my current bottle so I have to check at CVS this week with the hopes it's on sale (it often goes BOGO 1/2 price).

So I tried Extra virgin olive to remove my eye make up today and it was amazing, a wipe gets off almost everything and it works better than my eye make up remover. o_O Love how soft it feels after washing off the oil

...and cheap and chemical free. 

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I tried Extra virgin olive to remove my eye make up today and it was amazing, a wipe gets off almost everything and it works better than my eye make up remover. o_O Love how soft it feels after washing off the oil

Originally Posted by AngelWings X /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've gone through Clinique Take The Day Off twice in about 6 months, and I'm 2/3rds through my 3rd bottle (I've had problems with spilling). Except for the packaging, it works wonders, waterproof mascara slides right off!

I second that HANDS DOWN the best. Gets the job done and does not irritate the eyes. I by two at a time during GWP. I have tried others including MAC, Lancome and Almay and after one use give the bottle away and go back to TAKE THE DAY OFF.

Olive oil is not only used for cooking but it a natural and excellent way to remove the makeup found in your eyes.it is the best way to remove eye makeup. 

"Christian Dior - Eye Make-Up Remover"

All types of skin This Eye Makeup Remover leaves a sensation of extreme softness, suited to the fine, weakened and lipid-poor skin of the eye contour area. With stupefying ease and a non-oily effect, this two-phase makeup remover comes to grips with the most resistant, including waterproof, makeup. When the bottle is shaken, the emollient crystalline oil and the blue-tinted water, rich in moisturizing agents, instantly blend together to offer both gentle and effective cleansing action. The eyelids are perfectly clean, soft and moisturized.

Back