Best Makeup Quality at a cheap Rate ??!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many people overlook an old but very modern giant. That giant would be AVON. I love Avon products because you get way more for what you pay for. They are very inexpensive, everyday prices for eye shadows usually range from $4 - $8, lipsticks and lip glosses are under $8  as well as a slew of other great products and more often then not you'll find these items on sale at even lower prices! All items can be purchased online and the most important thing about Avon is that all their products are comparable to Clinique, Este Lauder, Lancome etc. at much more affordable prices.  I love the products and I have found that they are usually ahead of the game when launching new products like eyelash enhancing mascaras, healthy makeup, etc. Give them a try I think you'll be pleasantly surprised
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A lot of fake MAC nowadays looks real, you really have to spend time searching for differences but you have to physically have both items.  Most of it is obviously fake though.  Even pursebuzz from youtube ended up with fake MAC recently and she's a professional.

ok lol..can't believe what happened...thanks guys for warning me..so out of the 5 MAC products I bought online, one of them was the only suspicious one, and it was a Eye Kohl in Teddy...EVERYTHING was the same, EXCEPT for "make-up art" there was no hyphen (but a period inbetween) and no accent over the "Fabrique en Italie"....so I looked up pics and there's tons of them on Ioffer as well...so I just opened a dispute through paypal and they refunded me within 5 minutes so I guess he is/was fraudulent. AHHH!  this is the note he sent me :"Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I apologize. I am no longer selling any makeup due to the dishonesty of suppliers I have worked with.'

But thank god for paypal,, and they didn't even need me to return the item? what should i do, throw it away or what?

ELF FTW! Besides NYX/ELF, I wish there were more cheap brands with really good quality.

I HEAR MILANI IS REALLY GOOD, TOO.

And Sonia Kashuk isn't TOO much, but paying $15 for just one of their brushes WOULD make me die a little on the inside.

Originally Posted by charmander /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ok lol..can't believe what happened...thanks guys for warning me..so out of the 5 MAC products I bought online, one of them was the only suspicious one, and it was a Eye Kohl in Teddy...EVERYTHING was the same, EXCEPT for "make-up art" there was no hyphen (but a period inbetween) and no accent over the "Fabrique en Italie"....so I looked up pics and there's tons of them on Ioffer as well...so I just opened a dispute through paypal and they refunded me within 5 minutes so I guess he is/was fraudulent. AHHH!  this is the note he sent me :"Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I apologize. I am no longer selling any makeup due to the dishonesty of suppliers I have worked with.'

But thank god for paypal,, and they didn't even need me to return the item? what should i do, throw it away or what?

You can still use it it's fine.  I have a couple fake MAC items myself.  It's regular makeup but in China they can get whatever they want printed on it.

hell! keep it if it looks and smells ok and you didn't get any kind of allergic reaction to the stuff.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can still use it it's fine.  I have a couple fake MAC items myself.  It's regular makeup but in China they can get whatever they want printed on it.

Really? Because I was reading up, and was kind of freaked out by all these people saying you can't use fakes and you don't know what kind of metals they have in it and such...Is it ok you think to use that stuff near your eye?  yikes..

I'm happy to say I blew $100 on MAC today at Nordstroms, so much for my ebay-deal-discounts! 
bawling.gif

i'll probably give it to my mom then...hopefully that's not too horrible of me..

Do you know if the quality is pretty much the same?   for the eye kohl?

I'm not sure, I only have eyeshadows.  I know that 1 pencil (it's black with a silver cap)  is horrible.  It  applies like a colored pencil.

I think that if you think its substandard for yourself, then just chuck it away.  I personally think its rude to give something to your mom that you don't find appealing for yourself. 

Originally Posted by charmander /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i'll probably give it to my mom then...hopefully that's not too horrible of me..

Do you know if the quality is pretty much the same?   for the eye kohl?

Prestige eyeshadows are pretty decent and found at the drugstore. My favorite brown is there called iced tea.  A really good green called wasabi I think.

ELF is my go to, but NYX is definitely a top runner. Boots is pretty good too - I've tried a couple of their Target line products and they're fantastic.

These are some of my favorite low end products that I like to use.

wet n wild eyeshadows

Revlon colorstay foundation

black radiance eyeshadows

L.A. Girl has nice eyeshadows and blush

Originally Posted by Ashxlovex /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree with Bonnie, NYX is disappointing now

Agreed. I didn't even attempt that sale, but the way they handled it was awful. I'd say look at the Target brands. Boots and Sonia Kashuk are pretty good.

Originally Posted by Aishu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ELF FTW! Besides NYX/ELF, I wish there were more cheap brands with really good quality.

I HEAR MILANI IS REALLY GOOD, TOO.

And Sonia Kashuk isn't TOO much, but paying $15 for just one of their brushes WOULD make me die a little on the inside.

Shop the sales! Sonia Kashuk goes on sale fairly often, at least I see a few items clearanced almost every time I'm in Target, and I notice it's a fave for the daily web special, so keep an eye out for that too. In fact today's daily web special is a Sonia Kashuk 3 pan eye shadow for $7.99. It's free shipping too on those kinds of specials.

Back