Best Makeup Quality at a cheap Rate ??!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lovesboxers /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Prestige eyeshadows are pretty decent and found at the drugstore. My favorite brown is there called iced tea.  A really good green called wasabi I think.

Prestige makes my favorite mascara, My Biggest Lashes. I hear their eyeliner pencils are good too.

Originally Posted by charmander /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i'll probably give it to my mom then...hopefully that's not too horrible of me..

Do you know if the quality is pretty much the same?   for the eye kohl?

I think I'd just throw it away, it's probably safe to use, but why take the chance? Also even if it is safe, I doubt the quality is what you want. You would be better off buying a drugstore brand kohl or paying the money to get real MAC if that's what you really want.

By the way, I think you can get real products on ebay, it's just that MAC is one brand is so popular that it encourages fakes. But you can get brands like Estee Lauder, Smashbox, Clinique, etc and those likely are real. Just make sure you check the sellers feedback, and that you are buying new and not something they used which could be contaminated.

Yeah, MAC, Chanel and Dior are the brands that are most faked as far as makeup goes.  The rest should be fine.

I really love Revlon Colorstay Foundations& Eyeliner. I also LOVE Maybelline Lash Stelleto waterproof mascara. Also one of my MUST HAVES are the Almay eyeshadow set of 3 for Hazel Eyes!! I ALWAYS wear that it seems, and especially the middle brownish color. I like Milani too. And even the Jordana lip liners and gloss are good. I also LOVE the LA Splash Eyeshadow base and its even AMAZING for glitter!! It works as good as TF Glitter Glue!!

I have a HUGE question to ask.... Can anyone PLEASE tell Me what the hearts under the profile names/pics are for??

Love to all, Melissa

I got my 1st Mac products on Ebay and got a great deal. I wasn't looking for limited edition or new products...just basic "getting my feet wet" shadows & lippies. Lots of people on Ebay are trying to make an honest living just like anyone else AND they'd rather have repeat business than a negative comment. I viewed the actual Mac website, this website & other pages b4 buying. If it sounds 2 good 2 be true...It is!

And no folks Mac does not have a 120 color palette but Ebay will make u think so...LOL!

I've written Ebay multiple time telling them these 12-180 palettes are not MAC but they refuse to listen to me.

What order would you guys put these in as far as eyeshadow pigmentation:

Wet ‘n’ Wild

NYX

Rimmel

ELF

I would recommend Max Factor Second Skin Foundation and Calorie 2000 waterproof mascara. Rimmel brow pencil and their black kohl eye liner

There are definitely many drugstore brands that are miles better than ELF...almost any brand is better than elf in my opinion. there creamy lipsticks and cream blushes are the only things i have liked from them. Seriously...Revlon, Loreal, Covergirl, Maybelline, NYC, Rimmel, Hard Candy are all way better brands that are easy to find at cheap prices :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have tried at least one or two products from most common cheaper store brands that are good but it's sometimes a hit or miss.I usually buy one or two things from each collection  I love wet n wild eyeshadows, black radiance's eyeshadows. I like mayabeline foundation long wear 24 hours and some of their eyeshadows,  Revlon colorstay foundation. some of covergirl eyeshadows.

Eye Shadow:

I'm loving Maybelline eye shadows right now... but you need to use a good primer. Pigment is great though on most of them. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Eye Liners:

Physicians Formula makes great liner sets based on eye color - I have the green eye set and the brown eye set... I also want to get the hazel eye set but waiting for a sale.  Not sure if I'd use the colors in blue or not. 

Mascara:

Maybelline Great Lash - falling in love with this one!

Cover Girl Falsies

Almay Waterproof Triple Effect (this one I think is being discontinued in stores though so I've been buying them out when I see them) Its my go-to mascara during allergy season.  I can only keep so much before it dries out though and I'll be sad when its gone.

Blush/Bronzer

Maybelline & Elf are what I'm using most of right now in the way of drug store brands

Lips:

Loreal - I swear by their lipstick... it stays on forever for me. 

Wet n Wild - love the colors, but without a liner it just slides off my lips - not enough to keep me from buying though because I can have fun colors in my collection :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, I find Clinique to be very reasonably priced if you purchase during bonus times...

I have to say that I am SOOOO excited that my local Target is carrying Boots brand there. I love Boots. I was introduced to it the first time I went to the UK and I fell in love. I just wish we had an actual Boots store!

Anyway, my fav cheaper brands are Hard Candy, some ELF things, but like Bonnie said earlier, its hit or miss with them. I really like Sally's Beauty for make up too; they have Femme Couture and Real Color and even their own line of Sally Girl products. Wet N Wild has great pigmentation in their eye shadows and so does NYC. And NYC has a quad that comes with primer and illuminator.

OMG I've been hearing so much about boots lately it's driving me crazy !  I wanna know!  .....  Oooh I just looked it up, it's that No7 thing I've been seeing at my Target huh?

Thats one of the brands that Boots carries and right now thats all my area Target has. I'm hoping they expand. I'm going to England in December and I already told my husband my first stop, the day we land, is Boots :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG I've been hearing so much about boots lately it's driving me crazy !  I wanna know!  .....  Oooh I just looked it up, it's that No7 thing I've been seeing at my Target huh?

I have been living in the UK for 9 months now and keep seeing No 7 at Boots but have never gotten curious about trying it out... I guess it is an "unknown" brand to me I have never bothered to spend the money to try it. New mission.... Try No7 lol

I have being seeing boots 7 cosmetics for years but I have never purchase anything from them, maybe I should check them out.

@Bonnie - I have not used a lot of Boots products, I do a few make up things I got from Boots and I love them, they have SOOO much that I get overwhelmed when I go in there lol But I recently twittered back and forth with one of the guru's that I watch and she gave me a few key brands to look for at Boots and SuperDrug so I'm gonna be on the hunt. I have my mother-in-law send me Boots make up removing wipes tho, they're the best I've used so far. I have seen a lot of youtube vids with products from Boots and I've not heard a lot of bad things about them.

Back