Best products you've received from Birchbox?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i loved the algenist moisturizer, keratasse shampoo and conditioner, stila one step bronzer, coola cucumber sunscreen. haven't repurchased any of them yet, but definitely thinking about it and saving up points!

Originally Posted by mallomar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's my favorites. I've only been a subscriber for 3 months though.

• TheBalm Stainiac
  • Jouer Lip Treatment
  • Ada Cosmetics Bronzer
  • DDF Brightening Cleanser
How did the Jouer lip treatment work for you? Does it slightly plump your lips?

I think my favorite thing so far has been the Blinc mascara in black. I absolutely LOVE it i use it everyday and still have tons left. I'm actually thinking about ordering a full size tube through birchbox once i get to 300 points next month. I love that it doesnt flake or smear! Plus the only way it comes off is when I take it off in a warm shower. It comes of very cleanly! I usually don't go for high end mascaras as I feel like they all do the same thing, but THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!

Nthing the Eyeko liner!  I bought it in purple and plan on buying more, it's colored but dark and subtle enough to wear to work (and I work in a hospital, not a crazy makeup zone)  The applicator is sort of a felt tip and looks professional every time, it can be used thin or thicker, and it lasts forever.   I should be getting paid for how much I gush about it to people. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by denise89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How did the Jouer lip treatment work for you? Does it slightly plump your lips?
Yes, I do think my lips are more plump now. I have been using it 3ish times a day for 10-14 days, so maybe that's had an effect too. I love the glossyness of it, and it hydrates my lips really well too.

One of my favorites was the, Pixi blush in Purest Peach. I think it looks so smooth and pretty on. I also liked the, Algenist moisturizing lotion.

diorshow mascara, eyeko eyeliner, stila eyeliner, tarte lip stain, and essie luxeffects polish are at the top of my list. (ok and the c.o. bigelow lemon lip cream, but i already knew how great that was before i got it)

also i have to say out of all the perfumes i've sampled, both harvey prince hello and juliette has a gun vengeance extreme (i tried my aunt's sample) are buy worthy imo. i'm saving up points trying to decide which one i'd rather have now.

the stila one step bronzer i got was nice, without a doubt. but it's so humid where i live that it just wasn't a practical bronzer to wear for going out. i think benefit's hoola does the job a lot better. i ended up giving the stila to my aunt.

For perfumes my fave was Harvey prince Hello. I bought the small spray from bb but will also be buying the bigger bottle. I love it!

For perfumes my fave was Harvey prince Hello. I bought the small spray from bb but will also be buying the bigger bottle. I love it!
Have to agree. Will eventually buy the full size, but I love this perfume because it's so long lasting and smells great.

The only product I've tried from my boxes and ever liked was the Dr. Jarts waterfuse BB cream! Its the bb cream that has only matched my skin very well and I have light asian skin. I also have blemishes and trouble with acne spots and it has done a good job covering them up. I noticed you just have to wait till it sets in and the marks get covered in 3 minutes or so. 

It's interesting to see what works for other people! I agree that the Stila smudgesticks are amaaaazing, they are my HG pencil eyeliner. I ended up using my points for: 

• theBalm Cabana Boy (I own theBalm Hot Mama and it is the BEST).
  • Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner in Olive (So many people raved about it).
  • Oscar Blandi Jasmine Oil (Looooove the scent).

I am fairly new to BB and even greener on here but I have to say that so far I have loved the Lip Stain, Tarte Lip,  Dirt Scrub and Dr. Jart BB Cream! BB is bad for my usual frugal ways but at least points help!

On the flip side, I would say the Tili bags and Twistbands have been my most hated! I actually had to laugh at Target the other day, a pack of 2 twistbands clearanced for 35 cents!
smileno.gif

Hmmm.....so many favorites. 

• DDF brightening cleanser
  • Harvey Prince Hello and Ageless (have since purchased both)
  • The Balm Stainiac
  • Grandma Stelle's handwash (smells so good!  I just can't justify buying a $20.00 handwash, though)
  • Beauty blender (Love!)
  • L'Oreal Mythic Oil (OMG, my HG!)

I just purchased the cotton swabs w/ makeup remover. I love taking these with me when I'm out and abt for touch ups on my eye makeup.

Hmmm...faves? Surprisingly, I have quite a few. So BB has done it's job by me lol. 1. Beauty blender... Amazeballs and regardless of how I apply foundation, I still bounce this around to smooth and soften afterward! 2. Stila one step bronzer... Perfect for summer and mixing with my foundation. 3. DiorShow Extase mascara.... Really enjoyed this and who doesn't like a little Dior? Lol 4. Vasanti enzyme cleanser... Really love how smooth and soft my skin feels after this! On my wishlist after I use up the sample. 5. Dr. Jart premium BB and Boscia BB creams... Love the coverage and application! Still use concealer, but was enough coverage to forgo foundation on days I wanted a "naked/natural" look. 6. Eyeko Skinny eye liner.... Got olive and purple and find myself reaching for them a lot. Long lasting, great pigment and affordable at $15 IMO. 7. Stila sparkle liners ... Ended up with a few through swaps after getting one in my BB. Love these and even applied some to my lash tips for a little oomph. 8. Color club polish.. I know they're hit and miss, but the rose gold some received is gorgeous and applies great! 9. Kiehl's Abyssine cream... I love the brand itself and thought the cream was moisturizing, but not too heavy. 10. Stila lip glazes... Already enjoyed these and was happy to get more in my BB. 11. Gloss Moderne masque/ Amika obliphica... Yum, the smell was awesome and my hair felt soft and silky afterward. Managed to score A LOT of Amika in a great swap and am set til next year lol, before needing to purchase. 12. Miss Jessie's.. yes, their site gave out free samples, but I was still happy to get some in my BB! Great for making my hair springy and curls gorgeous, without the crunch. But, still not a product I could use alone and achieve optimum results.

Going way back through my box history, I have a lot of things I liked (and tons of things I didn't, of course!):

2/11 - Oscar Blandi jasmine hair serum (mostly the smell!) and I really liked the lifestyle extra, Sweetriot cacao nibs

3/11 - jouer highlighter and tint - the tint is a really nice sheer blush

6/11 - another vote for the laura geller blush-n-brighten

8/11 - blinc eyeliner - kind of a game changer for me.  I really really love this

9/11 - jouer lip enhancer

10/11 - AHAVA foot lotion - MAN, I love this stuff

12/11 - olie biologique huile moderne - bought the fullsize.  I love love love this as a face moisturizer and I run the leftovers on my hands through my hair ends.  

1/12 - stila smudgestick - easy and a great color (I got a coppery brown)

2/12 - origins checks and balances - also became a staple

3/12 - eyerock designer liner - HAHAHA.  Just kidding.

5/12 - kerastase crystalliste collection

6/12 - By Terry creme de rose nutri lift comfort cream - I hate rose scented stuff but forgive it in this one because it feels amazing and the Eyeko fat stick - love how smeary/blendable it is (though not the biggest fan of the petrol color on me)

Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls

BeautyBlender

POREFessional

Tarte LipSurgence

Essie LuxEffects 

Lots of other things that I liked, but not necessarily enough to purchase unless I found a good deal on them, but these five items were smashing successes for me.

Miss Jesses in mine.

Also a coworker got a wei golden root mud mask in her box and recommended it so I bought the pod set and I love it.

Back