Best products you've received from Birchbox?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Best products you've received from Birchbox?

1. June 2011 - Laura Geller Baked Blush-n-Brighten - loved it so much I bought another from Birchbox.
  2. August 2011 - Pangea Organics Cleanser for Oily to Combination Skin - hated it at first but all the Pangea Organics I ended up loving... just wish it was less expensive so I can buy it.
  3. October 2011 - Pangea Organics Facial Scrub.
  4. December 2011 - Benefit The POREfessional - ended up using my points to get the full size for free.
  5. January 2012 - stila smudge stick waterproof eye liner - I've used it several times but have yet to use it up simply because I have others that I use as well. Still once I run out I will buy it.
  6. February 2012 - Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant® - okay, I moaned and groaned about it at first but after getting a 2nd sample from Sample Society in March I did end up liking it and ended up buying one from Beauty Bar.
  7. May 2012 - fresh Sugar Plum Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 - ok, it wasn't my first experience with Fresh's Sugar. I have one from New Beauty, that one plus two more
  8. July 2012 - Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner - love it, stole my daughter's as well since she got a blue one and I got a black one.
Hi Zadi! I have 300 points and was thinking of getting laura geller blush n brighten. does it have much of a sheen to it?  Which shade do you have.  I have light to medium skin so Im trying to figure out if it would be good on me.  Have you tried the bronze n brighten.  im new to laura geller :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I too like the Eyeko skinny liner, got it in black and olive. the wei perfect finish is nice too. Other products I have bought and liked are Jouer shimmer liquid eyeliner in mink, fox and sable and Talika Lash Conditioner cleanser.

Originally Posted by Kristin1387 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi Zadi! I have 300 points and was thinking of getting laura geller blush n brighten. does it have much of a sheen to it?  Which shade do you have.  I have light to medium skin so Im trying to figure out if it would be good on me.  Have you tried the bronze n brighten.  im new to laura geller :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Hi Kristin!

I own... I would take a picture but at this time my products are scattered every where since I'm attempting to organize my stuff....  I own Laura Geller Baked Blush-n-Brighten in Apricot Berry and the Blush-n-Highlight - Como/Portofino. Both are the same size, the images are stock images. I could have sworn it was Honey Dipped but I looked at the review history and it's the Como/Portofino which I think my daughter actually swiped from my stash since she loves it.

​
Yes, it does have a sheen to it. I think Apricot Berry might be too dark for you depending on you the undertones in your complexion and how heavy handed you are. Pink Grapefruit would probably suit your coloring (it the next one I'm ordering). If you have a local Ulta near by check the blushes out in person since most Ultas carry Laura Geller. I can't recall if Macy's or Sephora does as well.

My favorites so far:

• Jouer Lip Enhancer - tiny sample, but such an amazing product!
  • Hello by Harvey Prince - this smells so good! I'm actually thinking about saving up my points to use on a full-size bottle, unless something else I gotta have pops up in a box
  • Sabon Foot Cream - this made my flip-flop worn feet super soft after just one night, and I will definitely be getting some more of this for myself and my family
  • Mighty Leaf Tea - hands down some of the best tea I've ever tasted, especially the Vanilla Bean

I've only gotten 3 boxes (this October box will be my 4th), but so far each box has had at least one product I've fallen in love with. To me, this makes it all worth it. Everything else I still enjoy using, but the four products above are definitely ones I'd be willing to purchase more of.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi Kristin!

I own... I would take a picture but at this time my products are scattered every where since I'm attempting to organize my stuff....  I own Laura Geller Baked Blush-n-Brighten in Apricot Berry and the Blush-n-Highlight - Como/Portofino. Both are the same size, the images are stock images. I could have sworn it was Honey Dipped but I looked at the review history and it's the Como/Portofino which I think my daughter actually swiped from my stash since she loves it.

​
Yes, it does have a sheen to it. I think Apricot Berry might be too dark for you depending on you the undertones in your complexion and how heavy handed you are. Pink Grapefruit would probably suit your coloring (it the next one I'm ordering). If you have a local Ulta near by check the blushes out in person since most Ultas carry Laura Geller. I can't recall if Macy's or Sephora does as well.
Thanks so much! I'm going to head to ulta today and test them out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

some of my fav's! Some of my stuff (mainly travel samples, like shampoo conditioners duos, body washes and hair styling products live at my boyfriends in a box called "3floz or less" that I pull from for trips, he live much closer to the airport than I do, so we usually leave from there) plus I have used some up (incoco nail strips),  but these are what I could find :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I've been wanting to get the tarte lipsurgence with my points or the black eyeko liquid liner but they are always sold out! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by suenotto /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I too like the Eyeko skinny liner, got it in black and olive. the wei perfect finish is nice too. Other products I have bought and liked are Jouer shimmer liquid eyeliner in mink, fox and sable and Talika Lash Conditioner cleanser.
I just got my 3 month code, and used my points to get the Talika cleanser.  What did you like about it?  Did you notice a big change in your lashes?  If so, how long did it take?  Did they get longer or did you get more or did the ones you have just feel softer and healthier?  (I ordered untried.)

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got my 3 month code, and used my points to get the Talika cleanser.  What did you like about it?  Did you notice a big change in your lashes?  If so, how long did it take?  Did they get longer or did you get more or did the ones you have just feel softer and healthier?  (I ordered untried.)
I ordered the full size too! I didn't see any increase in number of lashes, but I found them to be softer and healthier overall. I seem to be losing less lashes too, which is good. My lashes are naturally long, so that I can't really comment on. But I like how soft it made my lashes feel after I removed my makeup.

Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered the full size too! I didn't see any increase in number of lashes, but I found them to be softer and healthier overall. I seem to be losing less lashes too, which is good. My lashes are naturally long, so that I can't really comment on. But I like how soft it made my lashes feel after I removed my makeup.
I've noticed recently that I don't have much in the way of lashes in the inside corners, and realized it's probably from rubbing hard when they're terribly itchy from allergies.  Tried a cheap version of lash grower, but it's not helping.  Hoping this - and some eye allergy drops - may do the trick!

DDF brightening cleanser all the way! It makes my skin feel and look so clear. Also stainiac was a great find. 

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've noticed recently that I don't have much in the way of lashes in the inside corners, and realized it's probably from rubbing hard when they're terribly itchy from allergies.  Tried a cheap version of lash grower, but it's not helping.  Hoping this - and some eye allergy drops - may do the trick!
Alaway eye drops are THE BOMB. I use the 2x a day because my allergies are so bad and I wear contacts. There's often $3 off coupons in the paper!

Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Alaway eye drops are THE BOMB. I use the 2x a day because my allergies are so bad and I wear contacts. There's often $3 off coupons in the paper!
I bought some Bausch & Lomb drops several months ago, but don't use them (so I've no right to whine, eh?!).  Tried them about twice, but they really didn't seem to do anything and stopped before I gave them a real chance.  I'll try 'em again, and keep an (itchy) eye on the paper for coupons and check Alawayout if B&L doesn't work.  Thanks for the suggestion!

My Talika came in today.  Although I still have a bunch of eye makeup remover to use up, I of course tried it right away.  Wow!  It worked really well!  I can imagine just how much less I have to rub will be good for my lashes!

Absolutely LOVE the DDF brightening cleanser. Also, the Vasanti BrightenUp!. Between these two products I've never had more compliments on my skin! I've stopped using foundation all together. Switched to dr.jart+ bb creams(bought a set on Sephora of all the different formulas). Frankly I couldn't be happier with Birchbox. Yes I don't love the Larabars and tiny samples sometimes, but I certainly get my $10 worth.

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

some of my fav's! Some of my stuff (mainly travel samples, like shampoo conditioners duos, body washes and hair styling products live at my boyfriends in a box called "3floz or less" that I pull from for trips, he live much closer to the airport than I do, so we usually leave from there) plus I have used some up (incoco nail strips),  but these are what I could find :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Wow!   That's really a nice collection of BB booty!!

Back