Beyonce ugh...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't really say anything about this person because I have never heard any of her music before. I saw her in some movie.. not sure that I liked her character in it.

Beyonce is great. I love her music and even her last songs..Deja vu..Ring the alarm...I think they're so original, I really like the girl

I liked her better when she was with DC. She has made some songs that I've liked, all from her first CD, everything she has come out with since then, bleh. I can only listen to a song or two of hers at a time before her voice starts to get on my nerves. She's okay though.

I love her voice. She has a true talent. I think many artist get in the situation of a song selection not being right for that artist. Her last few songs have not really showed her talents but been more for making a main stream hit on the charts. I think her slower songs really show her true talent.

I think she has a great voice! Maybe not in the caliber of Mariah or Whitney, but she can belt it out like nobody's business when she's got the right song. The last few songs I haven't been a fan of, they just make her look like she's trying too hard.

When she was in DC, I think she was second best (Kelly has the best voice) vocally, but she contributed so much - she wrote and cowrote a lot of their biggest hits. That's part of the reason she's as big as she is, because she's not just a pretty face, she has the stuff to back it up.

She sang one of the best renditions of the American national anthem I've ever heard (Whitney's rendition being paramount!), and it's a testament to her great talent, because it's a tough song to sing range-wise. Take it from someone who went to a music school and has been singing since 3rd grade.

Originally Posted by ldivastar7 I love her voice. She has a true talent. I think many artist get in the situation of a song selection not being right for that artist. Her last few songs have not really showed her talents but been more for making a main stream hit on the charts. I think her slower songs really show her true talent. I totally agree! My opinion is that she's extremely talented but sometimes makes wrong choices musically. I would love to hear her sing more ballads rather all the junk she does with Jay Z. I cannot stand Deja Vu, but hey! it's her career. I adore the video for "Check On It." The makeup and choreography is muy bueno compared to some of her other stuff (i.e Survivor)

I saw/heard 'ring the alarm' and although it was annoying i liked it, it was a performance, you thought she meant it and that she was really angry.. I agree with a random comment i read somewhere, they said it is artistic.

I like Bouncy (my nickname for her), but I never really liked anyt of her songs other than Crazy in Love and Me, Myself and I...

Originally Posted by vav /img/forum/go_quote.gif I saw/heard 'ring the alarm' and although it was annoying i liked it, it was a performance, you thought she meant it and that she was really angry.. I agree with a random comment i read somewhere, they said it is artistic. I agree, finally something different from Be (Ring the Alarm). DejaVu was just Crazy in Love part II and enough w/Jay-Z being in all her singles. If nothing else I love that she took a chance and did something a bit off the wall and not the normal, "I'm so pretty-look at me" ish! I'm not a big fan but she got my attention with this one. Ring the alarm

I been thru this too long

But I'll be damned if I see another chick on your arm -I feel you Be!

As for Rhianna..........LAWD help all of our ears!!

I think Beyonce is extrememly talented. She has a GREAT voice and has the ability to make you cry with a few notes. I saw Destiny's Child in concert last summer and Beyonce def stood out; her performance was amazing! I personally think her recent songs have been original and I admire her courage to try something new and not stick to the current mainstream music trends. I respect her for the decisions she has made in her career, especially collaborating with Jay-Z (I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HIM!) because they are both at the top of their game.

That said, I have to be honest and comment on her public speaking skills. She has been in the public's view for a long time, so one would assume that she would have had a few lessons on how to articulate her thoughts when being interviewed. Whenever I hear a Beyonce interview, I cringe. Perhaps I am being too hard on her, but with the amount of money she is making, at least she can invest in building up her communication skills.

Nonetheless, as long as she keeps making good music, I'll continue to support her. As an actress I think she has potential, but I haven't seen her range. Hopefully when "Dream Girls" comes out we'll see just how much talent she has.

I'll agree that some of her singing can be a little annoying, but the same can be said for every other artist they play over and over and over (you get the gist). I think she's a pretty girl and she seems like she smart. My only beef is with some of the outfits she wears- she has simply got to stop MOMMA from dressing her. LOL!

Originally Posted by makeupfreak72 /img/forum/go_quote.gif some ONE thinking she has talent is very different from actually HAVING talent, Beyonce got famouse singing WITH 2 other girls who could sing, she didnt get famouse alone or on her own "talent" but why is she so famous? because she was the more popular of destiny's child just for being the most attractive...and being attractive has NOTHING to do with talent and being able to sing. comments opinions etc. i think give people GREAT character IMO it means they dont give a f--k what anybody thinks and say what they truly mean.
laughing.gif
laughing.gif
laughing.gif
Exactly. Her dad had to put her out as a 'group'. Since day ONE she was in the middle, no matter what, which always had her in the spotlight.
If she came out solo from the beginning, she'd be as forgettable as Ashanti (or at least on the same level).

No matter who got kicked out or replaced in the group- it would never had been just her and Kelly- because she would have to share the spotlight. With the 3/4somes- it was basically Beyonce and her backup. Now that she is a superhuge star, the need for Destiny's Child is no more.
sleepyhead.gif
Poor Kelly never stood a chance.

She is a great dancer and has a amazing voice. SHe has something to back it up, not like those others with no talent or a class. She is the one that has made having a figure an behing and front okay.

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've never cared for Beyonce. She's just irritating to me in general! LOL! I agree, but then again I don't care for pop stars in general. She does have vocal talent though and is much more deserving of her career than many other pop stars (Britney, Jessica, etc.) who are mainly just sex symbols primarily.

i like her. don't necessarily love the new video but i am kinda looking forward to her new CD...

all i have to say is ring the alarm is...well..alarming...ha ha me...lol im such a loser

I generally like her but i do think that her new song Dejavue is rather irritating to the ears.She seems out of control in the video.

Originally Posted by alittlebit /img/forum/go_quote.gif all i have to say is ring the alarm is...well..alarming...ha ha me...lol im such a loser
add_wegbrech.gif

Back