Beyonce ugh...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only song that I've ever liked of hers has been Irreplaceable. I think she has good pipes, but she does so many trick yodel-like things with her voice, it just gets irritating.

Originally Posted by stolenbaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think it's awesome that she writes her own music and was doing so when she was part of DC-def. not an easy task. Even tho her music may not be to everyones liking, it obviously appeals to some. I like some of her songs and I think the ones she has written with positive messages re womens empowerment are good messages whether or not I care for the song.
I haven't see her new videos, but I remember one from her last album and nearly pee'd my pants the choreography was so bad.

Music is such a personal thing-like foundation
wink.gif

well said stolenbaby! ditto for me!

Originally Posted by missnadia /img/forum/go_quote.gif Beyonce is just like every other pop starlett out there: overpriced and overhyped. I wouldn't even dream of relying on MTV for a talent / R&B fix when I need one. That's how people are, they need somebody to adore, they need idols, and right now Beyonce happens to be "it".
That said, I don't think she doesn't have any talent at all, just that people tend to overhype stars way out of proportion, and Beyonce isn't the first one to be taking advantage of that. I used to love the old DC group, ever since their first album. They had nice songs and decent videos. Beyonce's voice in high doses has always been annoying to me though, like hearing her a capella would just make me cringe. But it can come out alright if it's properly accompanied. That said, her latest songs really can't compare to what old DC used to make. I just don't like the new style, they sound just too plain to me, and they're not even catchy at all compared to the other "pop" stuff that's out there!

Those people that say that she's original with the half-assed work she puts out need to take a good look outside of what the mainstream music media feeds you. People like Kelis and Syleena Johnson and many more don't get half the respect they deserve for their musical talent thanks to all the attention being misdirected elsewhere.

That covers my opinion of her with respect to music. And I think she needs to stick to singing and batting her eyelashes in her videos, cause man, she can't dance for shit! In the videos she looks stiff, it's blatantly obvious that she's just following somebody's instructions, and has no grace or feel for the moves on her own. It wouldn't even take a Rihanna to outdance her stickman moves.

As for Rihanna.. I've always taken her for what she is: a cute entertainer with average vocals and catchy songs. I listen to her cause her songs are dancy and I like her videos cause she's cute overall, but she wouldn't be one of my favorites as far as overall musical talent.

iagree.gif

please beyonce rocked the house on the mtv awards [i think it was], when she performed ring the alarm. I would like to see any of you guys to that.

Originally Posted by Gleam84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iagree.gif
Her latest songs have been really annoying to my ears also. I'm not gonna buy her new album. I ldid ike her in Destiny's Child, but the way she sings now as a solo artist is really...ugh! Her new songs and dance routines are too weird IMO. yeah i'm getting tired of hearing her as wellshe can sing if she wants to

but her latest singles haven't really showcased her vocal talent...i'm not impressed at all

I don't dislike Beyonce, and I'm not going to slam her for taking a different artistic direction, although I have to say that what she's been coming out with has been somewhat annoying.

Although what they say may be true. The celebrities that seem the nicest can actually be the meanest person when the cameras aren't clicking away.

I have mixed feelings about Beyonce. She's an amazingly beautiful woman and she is a really talented singer. But it really irritates me when she just gets louder and louder as she sings. She sometimes sounds like she's really forcing her voice, almost screaming. Though I'm not a fan of her music. more of a metal fan
rotfl.gif

Originally Posted by makeupfreak72 /img/forum/go_quote.gif ok obviously some one thinks shes talented becuase she is famous, but does anyone REALLY think she has talent? the last 3 songs she has made that i have heard on vh1 are soooo IRRITATING!!! her voice is nothing special in my opinion her voice sounds very strained and high pitched, while the girl is very pretty i would never spend money on her music, oh and who the hell is choreographing her videos? LOL!!! Hi,
This was a topic of discussion in my office last week. I won't lie, I'm not a fan of Bey's.

I like her voice, its better then so many of the "singers" today. I don't think its really a different sound, but in my opinion, its a good strong voice. But I do agree with her latest videos, she looks like shes going insane

are actaully kidding?

you think Beyonce is fat

and even if she is fat,

whats wrong with that?

being fat isnt a issue its the fact that shes a biggin and everyone licking the ground she walks on but celebs like rebecca rojmin and tyra banks get smeared into the ground when they gain like 10 lbs is bs and they are actually good at what they do.

well in my opinion though, she is pretty damn good at what she does compared to SO many people out there. She CAN sing and dance. even though she isnt amazing at it, she CAN, and not many performers can do what she does, but their still called performers.

Originally Posted by shivs /img/forum/go_quote.gif She CAN sing and dance. Uh, no sorry, she CANT dance.

Back