Beyonce ugh...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
personally, i love beyonce! her music and videos are always creative and fresh.she has her own unique sound, and i like that.

I like Beyonce! I'm not sure what her new stuff is, but I've definitely liked some of her ealier solo stuff.

I dont like her at all.. there isnt too many female singers I like

maybe Portishead

Beyonce is so talented. The way she controls her vocals are amazing. As an audio engineer i can honestly say does not have much effects on her voice which is rare. Plus she's beautiful and a great dancer. Although I didn't like her performance at the VMA's!

Her voice can be annoying at times but for the most part I think she sings beautifully overall. As for her videos, i don't quite get her craziness. She seems to over act. I guess it's what makes her unique.

Before she became UBER famous, she seemd to care more about the art then being a "known artist"..

Got a little too big for her britches.. but that happens.. so I just choose not to listen to her or buy her albums.. very simple.. to each their own.

I think shes a good singer, but only with the right songs. She was great in DreamGirls, only the singing part of course.

FINALLY,LOL
rockwoot.gif
I do not like this chick.She says how real she is and how nice she is but its a lie.When she was on Oprah with Jennifer Hudson and the audience gave Jen an amazing standing ovation,she was staring her down hard like she was saying in her mind"Yeah b*#tch enjoy it for now".And she constantly must remind people that in the movie that was her true voice cuz she had to take it down a notch and yada,yada,yada.I will give her credit for when her songs are decent but the last songs she came out with werent good w/ the exception of Irreplacable.I reason i even listen to others is when im forced to,its like being drilled in my head.

I love you is garbage, Ring the alarm is garbage, and this latest slow tune is garbage. Like someone else already mentioned, she shouldn't try to push her voice to places it cant go because it is AWFUL.

Other than that, no doubt she has had some great hits that I love and she is a natural talent and great entertainer.

I don't listen to Beyonce or Rihanna. lol. They are both very pretty with makeup, though. I've seen video of Beyonce without makeup...and she looked kind of plain. Not ugly, but nothing like she looks like when she's all made up.

dito.gif
Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've never cared for Beyonce. She's just irritating to me in general! LOL!

Beyonce is just like every other pop starlett out there: overpriced and overhyped. I wouldn't even dream of relying on MTV for a talent / R&B fix when I need one. That's how people are, they need somebody to adore, they need idols, and right now Beyonce happens to be "it".

That said, I don't think she doesn't have any talent at all, just that people tend to overhype stars way out of proportion, and Beyonce isn't the first one to be taking advantage of that. I used to love the old DC group, ever since their first album. They had nice songs and decent videos. Beyonce's voice in high doses has always been annoying to me though, like hearing her a capella would just make me cringe. But it can come out alright if it's properly accompanied. That said, her latest songs really can't compare to what old DC used to make. I just don't like the new style, they sound just too plain to me, and they're not even catchy at all compared to the other "pop" stuff that's out there!

Those people that say that she's original with the half-assed work she puts out need to take a good look outside of what the mainstream music media feeds you. People like Kelis and Syleena Johnson and many more don't get half the respect they deserve for their musical talent thanks to all the attention being misdirected elsewhere.

That covers my opinion of her with respect to music. And I think she needs to stick to singing and batting her eyelashes in her videos, cause man, she can't dance for shit! In the videos she looks stiff, it's blatantly obvious that she's just following somebody's instructions, and has no grace or feel for the moves on her own. It wouldn't even take a Rihanna to outdance her stickman moves.

As for Rihanna.. I've always taken her for what she is: a cute entertainer with average vocals and catchy songs. I listen to her cause her songs are dancy and I like her videos cause she's cute overall, but she wouldn't be one of my favorites as far as overall musical talent.

I think Beyonce is an entertainer, but NOT an artist. This is why she is famous. She entertains well.

I think it's awesome that she writes her own music and was doing so when she was part of DC-def. not an easy task. Even tho her music may not be to everyones liking, it obviously appeals to some. I like some of her songs and I think the ones she has written with positive messages re womens empowerment are good messages whether or not I care for the song.

I haven't see her new videos, but I remember one from her last album and nearly pee'd my pants the choreography was so bad.

Music is such a personal thing-like foundation
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've never cared for Beyonce. She's just irritating to me in general! LOL! Thank you thank you!! I agree! Can't figure out what the big deal with her is.
kopfkratz.gif

Oh yeah, and can you even compare Beyonce to Christina Aguilera. I think Christina is one of the rare pop stars that actually deserves all her fame. She has it all together, voice, looks, entertainment
biggrin.gif

YouTube - christina aguilera

Oh i think beyonce is a gorjus girl and ha an amazing voice. however she is in the limelight a little too often and that irritates me a bit..but overall i luv her, that doesnt mean i would buy her cd though..lol

Back