Birchbox Aces Program

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually hope they get a VIBR like tier soon. I actually qualify about 6x over or something because I use birchbox to get tea, lifestyle items, and christmas shopping. 

I'm an ace and no pouch. :-(
Me too.  I also just made a purchase and got an email that my Aces was extended through the end of 2015, so I'd have to say that I spend quite a bit in Birchbox's shop.  Arg.  Although, to be honest, I'd rather have no pouch than a pouch, because I have so many of those things, I already don't know what to do with them!

do you put your points towards it or you can you use your points and still have them count for the aces program?
It just counts the total points you've earned, doesn't matter if you've spent them or not :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I was noticing that they have a promo code up for 50 extra points on purchases over $35 with the code summer50 that everyone can use.  Last week they sent out an aces email with the promo code "acebooster" for an extra 50  points off any purchase of $100 or more.  How exactly is it a perk if just anyone can get 50 extra on a purchase over $35 but try and make aces feel special and ask us to spend over $100 for the same points.  So, I sent them this email:

Hello! 
I was just checking out the perks of the ace program and noticed that one of the "perks" was an extra 50 points on any order over $100 (acebooster), but you've got a promo code everyone can use that's and extra 50 points on an order over $35 (summer50).

That's not much of a loyalty perk. As a member of aces, I have to spend $100, but someone who is not an ace you only has to spend $35?  I understand that I can use the summer50 code, but if the ace thing was really a "perk" and a points "booster" it should be able to be used in addition to other codes to actually boost points.  I obviously already spend money so why make the aces pay more for 50 points than non-aces?

Also, a few of my friends (that's you guys, my fellow MUT'ers) have received a pouch for being aces but I haven't received one.  Is this going out to everyone or are there different extras being mailed out?

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
I'll be interested to hear what they have to say.

Well, I finally got my canvas pouch!  It is really nice - but it doesn't really "expand" out that much, so it won't really hold makeup.  I will use it for something...just not sure yet! With all of the foils BB gives me, maybe this is the perfect bag to hold those!  hahaha

So I was noticing that they have a promo code up for 50 extra points on purchases over $35 with the code summer50 that everyone can use.  Last week they sent out an aces email with the promo code "acebooster" for an extra 50  points off any purchase of $100 or more.  How exactly is it a perk if just anyone can get 50 extra on a purchase over $35 but try and make aces feel special and ask us to spend over $100 for the same points.  So, I sent them this email:

I'll be interested to hear what they have to say.
Did they respond? I'm more curious about their answer regarding the pouch, because it's now the 2nd week of June and I haven't gotten one. Just wondering what they said about that before I send a similar email :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

There's a new Aces pack in the bonus shop.  Three deluxe samples with $75 purchase.  Aces only.  Doesn't look like a super deal to me, just a glorified mystery pick-two that uses a code, so no discounts on that purchase.  

There's a new Aces pack in the bonus shop.  Three deluxe samples with $75 purchase.  Aces only.  Doesn't look like a super deal to me, just a glorified mystery pick-two that uses a code, so no discounts on that purchase.  
I hate when the bonuses require a code. It used to be that you could add any that you qualified to your cart and they would work with a code and with the pick 2. So lame.

I never got a gift for being an ACE. It's been well over a month now that I hit status. 
I was ace from the start and it took a long time before i got the pouch compared to others. That said, the ACE gifts are supposed to be sporadic and random, so you may or may not get the pouch.

I have been an Aces from the beginning on three accounts and I haven't gotten a single thing on any of them.

I never get anything from them, Birchbox hates me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've been an Ace since the beginning and didn't get a pouch, and I've been a subscriber for 28 months and redeemed all of my milestone codes, but still no pink keychain :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

To everyone who has not yet received an Aces gift, @@disconik received an email back from CS and they basically said that the gifts are random and do not all go out to every Ace. Some Aces got the pouch, but it implied that other gifts will be sent out at a later date and other Aces will get that gift at that time. Now if I'm not in that wave of gifts either then I'll have my feelings hurt! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have been an Ace from the start but I haven't received anything. To be honest, I would not use the pouch so it is fine with me if I don't receive one. I am curious about the new Ace bonus sample pack, I wonder what they will put in those.

I have been an Ace from the start but I haven't received anything. To be honest, I would not use the pouch so it is fine with me if I don't receive one. I am curious about the new Ace bonus sample pack, I wonder what they will put in those.
Since you have to use a code to get it, I hope they are really good.  If you use that code instead of a 20% discount on a $75 order, you're passing up saving $15!

Back