Birchbox April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Jamie P /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Off topic but I really wish BB would follow through with the Wish List idea they talked about. I really would like to make a wish list to keep track of what I want! I would be more likely to buy some of it if it's sitting in a list ready for me.
word. me too! i'm tired of remembering what i need/want to buy with my points in their store. an app would be nice too.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone else see this? http://birchboxandwomenshealth-eorg.eventbrite.com/#

Too bad it's in the middle of the afternoon, or I'd go. Not that I'd want a CC mani though >__> Well maybe if it's complimentary.

Also, this event is happening today in Boston, NYC, and DC

I think they ran out of spots, but I'll drop it anyway... I want free cocktails and pinkberry XD
Ack!  I'm moving to NYC in May.  Too bad I'll be missing these!!

Honesty policy: my love for birchbox has been renewed. I just packed for a 2 day/1 night trip for a job interview. Almost everything I'm using came from birchbox! Mini lotion packet, hair stuff, make up remover.... Love it. I'll actually use what they gave me. Haha Although I did spent money at Walgreens on mini deodorant and a mini tooth brush. They're just too cute! *facepalm*

Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Honesty policy: my love for birchbox has been renewed. I just packed for a 2 day/1 night trip for a job interview. Almost everything I'm using came from birchbox! Mini lotion packet, hair stuff, make up remover.... Love it. I'll actually use what they gave me. Haha

Although I did spent money at Walgreens on mini deodorant and a mini tooth brush. They're just too cute! *facepalm*
I travel a lot for work, and keep a stash of all the samples I get from everywhere to use when I go away. I actually love foil packets, because you can fit a lot more in a quart bag than you can bottles and jars. 

Especially when I'm only going to be gone overnight, I don't mind using something new. Sometimes I'll save things like a particularly nice-sounding scented lotion or a hair mask to have as a "treat" when I'm away.

I'm lucky that my skin isn't super fussy, so one night/day of using different products has never (knock wood) been a problem for me.

Good luck with your interview!

Thanks! I have Living Proof foil packets of shampoo conditioner and the Caldrea foil of lotion - these are definitely nicer than what I use every day at home!

I travel a lot for work, and keep a stash of all the samples I get from everywhere to use when I go away. I actually love foil packets, because you can fit a lot more in a quart bag than you can bottles and jars.  Especially when I'm only going to be gone overnight, I don't mind using something new. Sometimes I'll save things like a particularly nice-sounding scented lotion or a hair mask to have as a "treat" when I'm away. I'm lucky that my skin isn't super fussy, so one night/day of using different products has never (knock wood) been a problem for me. Good luck with your interview!

Honesty policy: my love for birchbox has been renewed. I just packed for a 2 day/1 night trip for a job interview. Almost everything I'm using came from birchbox! Mini lotion packet, hair stuff, make up remover.... Love it. I'll actually use what they gave me. Haha

Although I did spent money at Walgreens on mini deodorant and a mini tooth brush. They're just too cute! *facepalm*
I have found that BB samples work great for travel.  Good luck with the interview.

Originally Posted by spmblueeyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got a coupon code in my email for 20% off...it says "We're out to win you over" and it has to be used by the 31st. I don't know if everyone got one, or if they just sent it to me because I have over 700 points, but I'm not budging haha.
I got a similar coupon; 20% to use by 3/31.  The subject line of the email said - Hey There, Stranger.  And then in the body of the email it said - Things just haven't been the same without you.  I have 400 points and I haven't place an order for months.   

Originally Posted by StickyLips /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have found that BB samples work great for travel.  Good luck with the interview.
I use a lot of my BB samples for travel. It's nice to try something new while away and like someone else said...you can pack so much more in the quart size bag. I also throw samples into my gym bag. I wasn't about to head back out into the bitter Chicago cold after my workout with nothing on my face so those moisturizer samples came in really handy!

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

word. me too! i'm tired of remembering what i need/want to buy with my points in their store. an app would be nice too.
I bookmark all of the things I want and keep it in a folder I created called "WANT!!" haha

Originally Posted by wildsp187 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bookmark all of the things I want and keep it in a folder I created called "WANT!!" haha
That's not a bad idea...  *steals*

Slightly off topic:  Has anyone had a Birchbox order sent to the wrong address?  According to the tracking number I was given, my most recent order is currently out for delivery in Harrisburg, PA, roughly 450 miles away from where I live.

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's not a bad idea...  *steals*

Slightly off topic:  Has anyone had a Birchbox order sent to the wrong address?  According to the tracking number I was given, my most recent order is currently out for delivery in Harrisburg, PA, roughly 450 miles away from where I live.
yikes! that happened to me a couple of times but they fixed it for me w/o a hassle. 

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yikes! that happened to me a couple of times but they fixed it for me w/o a hassle. 
I emailed them & their response was, "be patient."  

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed them & their response was, "be patient."  
yikes. that's not cool =/

That seems so rude and not helpful...
word. i work in cs and i wouldn't say that :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by libedon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you see them launch their new "hearting" feature today on their website? http://blog.birchbox.com/post/46612739329/happy-hearting-introducing-birchbox-customer

It's a way to like products on their page and it keeps an inventory of everything you've liked.
no not yet. i just started my shift not too long ago. i can check it out when i get home. thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just noticed that my self an hour ago... I've already made a list of my favorites! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I already did that about an hour ago. I think they're doing that feature to cater better samples options or something? Or just making it easier for clients?

Back