Birchbox April 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my box today! It's the CA one. I'm usually super happy with my Birchboxes, but the samples seem tiny and the two things I was super excited for (the perfume and the body wash) don't smell as good as I was expecting. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This made me very sad...

image.jpg

This made me very sad...
I know this sounds crazy to do, but e-mail them! One of my fancy boxes from awhile ago came damaged like that and I told them how bummed out I was about it since I save the pretty boxes and reuse them. They gave me points as an apology, but they did send a friend of mine another box LOL- their customer service can be really nice if you get the right people :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have 3 accounts with Birchbox. I choose both Mad men and received them today! Love them! My other account is upgraded and still no shipping on that one yet.Has anyone else with a upgraded account shipped yet? Also I used the cheat yesterday and it showed I was getting the same things everyone else was. I don't think it's right though because my pys wasn't listed. I choose the Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip & Cheek Stain but it was showing the jouer blush. I checked today and now it's showing nothing so I don't know what will really be in them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just sneaked a peak into my box: 

1. Jouer Tint (my sample choice) - Does anyone know what shade we are getting, or is it going to differ?

2. Lord & Berry Black Wardrobe Duo (praying this isn't my upgrade item)

3. Paula's Choice RESIST 25% Vitamin C Spot Treatment

4. Beaver Professional Hydro Nutritive Moisturizing Shampoo

5. Beaver Professional Hydro Nutritive Repairing Conditioner

6. Smith & Cult Nailed Lacquer - Pillow Pie

7. Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss (hoping this isn't the hot pick shade I received previously.)

8. Cynthia Rowley Beauty Liquid Liner - Navy (I've already received this as a sample, this is probably the upgrade add-on)

Does anyone know which 2 of those items are my add-ons? I'm assuming it's #2 & #8.
I had the same box until this morning, only they added the Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip/Cheek Stain too).  No more Jouer Lipgloss or Cynthia Rowely Liner (I hate navy liner so no big deal), I had a feeling this was a left over from the previous month's upgrade products. The rest of the items are showing for me tho.  I am good with this box so long as the hair products ARE NOT FOILS (you hear that Birchbox).  

I already called Birchbox to cancel the upgrade.  Totally not worth it for me, I would rather spend 20 bucks in the Birchbox store for an item I would really want (or use the extra 20 bucks to sub to another beauty sub honestly).

Last edited by a moderator:
My box finally updated and the Jouer gloss and Cynthia liner were removed :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> replaced with Lord and Berry and a polish. Also, I will be receiving the dreaded Beaver products.

I was hoping my box would change this morning, but I'm stuck with:

- Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme
- LAQA & Co. Sheer Lip Lube Pencil
- Beaver Shampoo & Conditioner
- Temple Spa Face & Body Balm

Which, if the box shows up as listed, means I'm not getting my sample choice (Jane Iredale) and I'm likely getting a repeat product (Laqa, if I get the shade pictured).

I was thinking that the sample of Not Soap Radio looked smaller when it arrived in my CA box, and I was right.  The yellow and red ones were 1.5 oz (44 ml) and the blue one is 1.2 oz (35ml).

And they're sending me a replacement box....but not the Mad Men box I picked. Oh well, at least the other boxes are still pretty.

And they're sending me a replacement box....but not the Mad Men box I picked. Oh well, at least the other boxes are still pretty.
Aww, glad they are sending you another one, since they are all really pretty this month, but sad it won't be this one, because tbh, I think it's my favorite. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm getting: 

POP Shadow

Laqa Lip Lube

Bee Venom Mask

Whish Shaving Cream

Templespa Face and Body Balm

Pretty good box for me! =] I'm actually excited about this one!

So my box stayed the same, and I messaged BB earlier.  I basically just said that I suggest that they avoid sending multiple repeat items in the same box, because the whole point of BB is to try new things, not things I've already tried and didn't like.  I worded it really nicely, because my box is what my box is and really, I just don't want this to happen to me again or to anyone else, for that matter.

The CS rep that replied said she sent my message along to the appropriate team and gave me 100 points, which was nice. 

Ugh-this newgistics shipping is BS.  They picked up my box on the 7th and held it in Kentucky until today.  Why hold it for 3 days??  I guess I shouldn't complain since it's free shipping, but it's already in the high 80s and low 90s here.  I am just waiting for melted lipsticks and leaking perfume samples.

Something is going on with Newgistics or Birchbox. I feel like I am getting punished for not picking a Mad Men box. Electronic info received on Monday, but here on Friday nothing has changed. I even checked the Newgistics website. Since I am in Alaska, I will be lucky to get this box in April. So much for a good birthday month! lol  Yes... I also am getting some Beaver. Ugh!

Ugh-this newgistics shipping is BS.  They picked up my box on the 7th and held it in Kentucky until today.  Why hold it for 3 days??  I guess I shouldn't complain since it's free shipping, but it's already in the high 80s and low 90s here.  I am just waiting for melted lipsticks and leaking perfume samples.
I agree with the crappy shipping on newgistics part. I'm not set to get my box til the 17th! I've never gotten it that late. I live in ohio so I normally get it pretty early on in the month.

It's only in the high 50's here. I'm super jealous! I would rather have all my stuff melt and then I can just email them about it than it be only in the 50's! I just want it to be at least in the low 70's. I was not meant to live in the ohio climate. It's too dang cold!

Ugh, I just checked and my box is staying the same (Whish, Jouer, LAQA, and Beaver shampoo & conditioner).  I've received both the Whish and LAQA before but figured these were different scents so I could get them again, but GET THIS: under the Whish, it says

Reviewed!

You earned 10 Birchbox Points

WTF?!  Double samples and I can't even get my 10 points for reviewing it?

If they're going to call it different samples of its a different scent then you should definitely at least still get to review it and get points. I would email them because I know if it was me that would really annoy me.

Latest posts

Back