Birchbox April 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually liked the Beaver shampoo. It does have sulfates but my hair tends to get oily (think Prof. Snape). I just can't do sulfate free. It smells a bit like Pantene without that waxy provitamin stuff. That being said I think it was overkill to have it in so many box combinations. Next month I am going with a curated.
Bummer :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> at least 3/5 of the box has potential

Oh well, I will pass it on to a friend :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I loved the Blueberry shave cream when it first came out.  Then I realized it clogs my razor like nothing else and it's really a pain in the butt to use.  It does an amazing job, for shave cream, but the rinsing the razor for a full 30 seconds and sometimes shaking the Hell out of it  between swipes is just too much.  
I received the Acai Grapefruit scented shave cream last summer and really liked it so I used some points and ordered a full sized Coconut scent. After the first few shaves I realized it wasn't that great and wholly rice krispies, it kept clogging my shower drain. Gross.

I received the Acai Grapefruit scented shave cream last summer and really liked it so I used some points and ordered a full sized Coconut scent. After the first few shaves I realized it wasn't that great and wholly rice krispies, it kept clogging my shower drain. Gross.
That's so weird! I've seen similar reviews of the shaving cream but I am in love with it! I have repurchased the Lotion/Shaving Cream set in the Almond scent 3 different times because I love it so much. The body butter is my favorite of the two, admittedly, but the shaving cream doesn't clog my shower or my razor, really. I do rinse my razor repeatedly anyway when I'm shaving though, so maybe that's why. I just can't get enough of the almond scent LOL I think that's it's biggest draw for me!

I have an email out to BB customer service on this one, but I am totally baffled.

My box arrived and I used the Whish body butter in blueberry that was included. The card said body butter, it was body butter in the box...but when I went to review it, BB says they sent me shave cream.

I can certainly review the scent, but it seems misleading to review the body butter in the shave cream section, but that is the only way I get the points.

I hope customer service sorts this one out. Ugh.

I want to review this one too, because all day I could not figure out what the smell reminds me of. It was driving me a little nutty.

I finally figured it out! It smells like liquid amoxicillin. You know, the pink stuff you have to force down your kids when they are sick and need an antibiotic? Smells exactly like that! Speaking as a mother, it is not a calming, happy scent. I have worn it involuntarily a few too many times, LOL. 

I have an email out to BB customer service on this one, but I am totally baffled.

My box arrived and I used the Whish body butter in blueberry that was included. The card said body butter, it was body butter in the box...but when I went to review it, BB says they sent me shave cream.

I can certainly review the scent, but it seems misleading to review the body butter in the shave cream section, but that is the only way I get the points.

I hope customer service sorts this one out. Ugh.

I want to review this one too, because all day I could not figure out what the smell reminds me of. It was driving me a little nutty.

I finally figured it out! It smells like liquid amoxicillin. You know, the pink stuff you have to force down your kids when they are sick and need an antibiotic? Smells exactly like that! Speaking as a mother, it is not a calming, happy scent. I have worn it involuntarily a few too many times, LOL. 
Yuck! I am not excited (even more than before) about receiving the shave cream in my box after hearing about the smell :/

I hope I will receive the body lotion instead of shave cream. I do not use shave creams, but I do love body lotions. I use those body lotion samples from Birchbox as hand cream to carry in my purse. They are the perfect size for that :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You can still review, but say no to the question about using it yet. In this way you will still get the points without misleading anyone. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@@daisygirl2

It is also not required to write a review to get points. In fact I usually just answer the questions on the review after I've tried the product (when I'm anxious to get points and make a purchase) and then go back later when I've finished the sample to write a thoughtful review, if at all. I figure that's the most helpful way to do it for people who read the reviews to decide if they want to buy the product.

I emailed them about getting the Whish and the LAQA dupes this month, and they gave me 51 points to round my points up to an even number.  Whatever, I'm still gonna take a break from them.  But I thought this was funny, on my points page it says next to Reason: Sorry: Subscription disappointment in April.  If that's a good enough reason for sorry points we should all be getting them this month!

@@daisygirl2

It is also not required to write a review to get points. In fact I usually just answer the questions on the review after I've tried the product (when I'm anxious to get points and make a purchase) and then go back later when I've finished the sample to write a thoughtful review, if at all. I figure that's the most helpful way to do it for people who read the reviews to decide if they want to buy the product.
I will give that a try. Thanks!

Since I didn't really look at my bottle I'm now wondering if I shaved with body butter. I thought it smelled nice although not like a blueberry. 

has anyone already tried to upgrade to get 2 full size makeup/nail items extra for 20 extra bucks? was wondering what you got, i just upgraded for May, but shouldve done more research first one what people got this month first lol 

has anyone already tried to upgrade to get 2 full size makeup/nail items extra for 20 extra bucks? was wondering what you got, i just upgraded for May, but shouldve done more research first one what people got this month first lol 
I upgraded but haven't got my box yet. Just got shipping notice though so it should get here soon. Sorry don't know what's in it yet because I'm avoiding looking into my account. I want it to be a surprise when I open it.

I have a question for anyone who can help, do your plus items ship with your box, or do they ship separate? Thanks for the help.

I'm so happy with my (I think I ordered the California) mad men box! I didn't think I would enjoy a curated box as much, but this one is so perfect for me.

I think boxes where it seems like you can use everything at once hold more value to me personally. Lol.
I got this box too and I'm loving three of the products, which I feel is pretty good! I don't really like the shower gel or the perfume because of their scents. The highlighter is my favorite! I'm definitely going to have to get the full-size of that.

My BirchBox Plus item shipped separately because there were issues. I emailed BB about my concerns about the Beaver shampoo and conditioner. The response I received basically said to trust them. It's interesting how the email is wording because the CS rep would not write that it is made in China. I know they sent other Made in China brands, but this is the first one I received.

I'm done with BirchBox. I'll do my reviews etc. and will use them at the end for a large purchase. I had too many issues with them in the past couple of weeks. There are other beauty subs that won't send me made in China items etc.

They messed up my order when I bought the upgrade for the 20$ extra so they charged me but they said it was still saying I was supposed to get a normal box :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So I got a box today with

Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream

POP Beauty POP Portfolio Eyeshadow Palette

Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel

Obliphica Intensive Hair Serum

jane iredale Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain (PYS)

which is super disapointing when you spend $30 on a box. I called customer service on Friday and they are "looking into it" and I should "rest assured knowing they will track down my extra two items". I will call again in a few minutes if the lines are still open and see since I have recieved no follow up email about my items! (Oh and I got 50 points for the repeat shave cream sample but NOTHING for this error, for those wondering)

FOLLOW UP: no one reponded (the message said no one was available then it hung up on me so they werent closed yet, thats a different message that you get if you call now) when I called at 2:40pm PT so I emailed back the person who said they would follow up friday. If I get news I will post. I'm normally so happy with Birchbox's customer service! This time not so much :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Uh oh spaghettio's!

DownloadedFile.jpeg

DownloadedFile-1.jpeg 

I'll email them tomorrow.

Uh oh spaghettio's!

DownloadedFile.jpeg

DownloadedFile-1.jpeg

I'll email them tomorrow.
Oh no! Sorry about that. I'm sure they will send you a replacement soon. You should try this eye shadow, the texture is so soft and it's highly pigmented ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I received one in each of my two boxes, they were sealed and luckily safe.

I am wondering if these damaged eye shadows (I also saw a lot on Facebook) were damaged before they were placed in the boxes? It seems too difficult to get them damaged this badly en route without damaging the pillow box (in which the shadow was in my cases) and/or the boxes in general.

Was your pillow box/outer box damaged too? Was the eye shadow still sealed?

Latest posts

Back