Birchbox April 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they're going to call it different samples of its a different scent then you should definitely at least still get to review it and get points. I would email them because I know if it was me that would really annoy me.
I'm definitely going to email them.  The number of times I've had to get in touch with them lately is insane.  I returned an item (first time I've ever done that) and it took like a month and a half (and like 3 sets of emails) to get credit back, and then this box is just such a disappointment.

I'm definitely going to email them.  The number of times I've had to get in touch with them lately is insane.  I returned an item (first time I've ever done that) and it took like a month and a half (and like 3 sets of emails) to get credit back, and then this box is just such a disappointment.
I emailed them about getting the Whish shave cream again since I also got it in May of last year and they gave me 50 points and told me they would look into it for me. It is showing that I can review it for points though so thats nice!

I've also used the L'Oreal Everpure line and it's really good. I've also used the OGX line, I loved the Argan Oil one, but there are a number of other formulas in that line. Both can be found at Walmart and are really inexpensive. I'm now using Living Proof Perfect Hair Day line and loving it, but it is more expensive. 
I like Organix too. I am using the Moroccan oil when I do not want to over-use my Kerastase Elixir Ultime, it's kind of a dupe. I also used the OGX Keratin shampoo-conditioner, they smelled nice and were okay shampoo-conditioner.

Wow my sub boxes are failing this month.

Supergoop eye cream

Ojon hair oil

Not soap radio

Jane iredale PYS

Harvey prince body butter

Eye cream boring and tiny. I don't use hair oil. I have 2 not soap radio already. I already got a HP body butter. The only thing i want is my PYS.

hmm...

So before the 10th, my box was showing a bunch of stuff I didn't want other than my sample choice.

Now..my box is completely different, and has 2 of the 3 sample choices in it...but not the one that I reserved.

So confused.

I'm getting:

Jouer Cream Blush

Jane Iredale Lip and Cheek Stain

Paula's Choice Vitamin C Spot Treatment

Beaver Shampoo

Beaver Conditioner

I'm excited about the Jouer because I was trying to pick between that and the Jane Iredale (my PYS) for awhile. I'm also excited about the Paula's Choice product because I haven't tried anything from that line and have heard nothing but good things about it. Not excited about the Beaver products. Also, my upgrade is Lord and Berry mascara and a nailpolish. Not excited for that lol.

Got my box today and used the Beaver shampoo. It smells like a cross between Pantene and Finesse. They came in rather large sample bottles. I have curly hair and have to wash it a lot over the summer when it's too hot to iron, so these will get used.

Got my box today and used the Beaver shampoo. It smells like a cross between Pantene and Finesse. They came in rather large sample bottles. I have curly hair and have to wash it a lot over the summer when it's too hot to iron, so these will get used.
Are there any sulfates in the shampoo? I am getting this sample as well, but if there are sulfates, I will have to pass it on to a friend.

Got my box today and am so in love with the Rifle Paper Co plus items that I received. I got the tote and the tumbler/notebook set. So cute! My box contained:

Jouer Tint

Laqa Lip Lube in Honeypot

Harvey Prince Yogini

Beaver Shampoo and Conditioner

Pretty good, and I'm always excited to try new shampoo and conditioner, so I'm looking forward to washing my hair tomorrow with these, despite the creepy name. 

Got my box today, overall fairly happy with it, I'll probably use everything. I do subscribe to try new things so will give them all a go. I really like the Jouer tint, I received a shade called Petal. The Whish I'll give a try, it's in coconut and at least smells good  :)  . I have to say the box is very pretty this month. Happy I didn't get the Beaver shampoo  :D     

20150411_171918.gif

Been lurking but coming out of my lurkiness to say that I have 3 subscriptions and all 3 of them got the beaver shampoo and conditioner  :wacko: . One of my boxes is possibly getting a duplicate of a June 2014 same brand AND same shade. The Laqa lip crayon bubble pink. I know that it is a possibility of duplicates between boxes but this is just very unfortunate. Will post next time with the box contents of all 3. I pys and got one of each in each of the 3 boxes. 

Box 1:

Popsugar eyeshadow palette

Clean Perfume

LAQA lip pencil (Will email if it shows up as the same shade as June 2014)

Beaver Shampoo

Beaver Conditioner

Box 2: 

Whish Shaving Cream (Stop trying to make Whish happen)

LAQA lip pencil (same shade but can't complain because on this account never had this shade)

Jouer Tint

Beaver Shampoo 

Beaver Conditioner

Box 3:

La Fresh Body Soother

Beaver Shampoo

Beaver Conditioner

Jane Iredele Lip

Havvy Hello Butter (Another brand that need to stop trying to happen)

Will be cutting down my boxes down to 2 because again know duplicates can happen but any one of those boxes would be very unimaginative. Box 3 has a Body butter and Body soother. I would have loved the fekkai new spray, new hair growth, or any of those. Ironically my skincare routine is paula's choice and buy it through birchbox but I never get the paula's choice :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.The PYS saves the boxes. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like almost all of us are unhappy with our boxes and people who upgraded also are not happy with the products. They started shipping boxes (especially with upgrades and plus items) much later, some people didn't even receive their March boxes before April. I wish Birchbox took one step at a time and integrate the new addition into their working system before they go ahead and add another branch. I think they are now overwhelmed with the upgrade and plus, that's why they are not paying enough attention to our profiles to select appropriate samples with no duplicates. Hope it will get better soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wonder if any of you (who received the Beavers already) ended up liking the Beaver shampoo and conditioner after using. 

I opened a 3rd account, simply to get the referral points on my ACE (1st) account. I chose Iredale on 1st account as PYS, no PYS on 3rd account --- received the exact same box!

I was mad at first but it turned out pretty good - love two items and really like the other three! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was in Ulta today and they have Whish now ... like every type of product and every scent that Whish makes (except Blueberry, which is still a Birchbox exclusive), including post-shave wax, which I did not know was a thing for people other than men who shave their entire scalp every day.  Holy crap, I did not know they had such a variety of crap.  I loved the Blueberry shave cream when it first came out.  Then I realized it clogs my razor like nothing else and it's really a pain in the butt to use.  It does an amazing job, for shave cream, but the rinsing the razor for a full 30 seconds and sometimes shaking the Hell out of it  between swipes is just too much.  

Whish Shaving Cream (Stop trying to make Whish happen)
Oh goodness, I lost it laughing at this comment. This is how I feel, too!! :laughno:

Got my box today and am so in love with the Rifle Paper Co plus items that I received. I got the tote and the tumbler/notebook set. So cute!
Do you think you got value for money with the tumbler and notebooks? And does the brand name on the tote bother you? I seriously wanted that tote, but the name on the bottom right was a huge turn off for me.

I was in Ulta today and they have Whish now ... like every type of product and every scent that Whish makes (except Blueberry, which is still a Birchbox exclusive), including post-shave wax, which I did not know was a thing for people other than men who shave their entire scalp every day.  Holy crap, I did not know they had such a variety of crap.  I loved the Blueberry shave cream when it first came out.  Then I realized it clogs my razor like nothing else and it's really a pain in the butt to use.  It does an amazing job, for shave cream, but the rinsing the razor for a full 30 seconds and sometimes shaking the Hell out of it  between swipes is just too much.  
I actually got the Whish hair inhibiting gel and body butter with 2 stacked 20% (40% off) coupons from Ulta right after I received the first body butter from them. I actually really like the way they all smell, and the lavender, which is the one I got, is almost a dead ringer scent-wise for these homemade lavender-vanilla marshmallows I make to go in hot chocolate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in Ulta today and they have Whish now ... like every type of product and every scent that Whish makes (except Blueberry, which is still a Birchbox exclusive), including post-shave wax, which I did not know was a thing for people other than men who shave their entire scalp every day. Holy crap, I did not know they had such a variety of crap. I loved the Blueberry shave cream when it first came out. Then I realized it clogs my razor like nothing else and it's really a pain in the butt to use. It does an amazing job, for shave cream, but the rinsing the razor for a full 30 seconds and sometimes shaking the Hell out of it between swipes is just too much.
Yes! I work at Ulta and I am SO happy that they sell whish now! I loooove the body butter and hair inhibiting gel.

I actually liked the Beaver shampoo. It does have sulfates but my hair tends to get oily (think Prof. Snape). I just can't do sulfate free. It smells a bit like Pantene without that waxy provitamin stuff. That being said I think it was overkill to have it in so many box combinations. Next month I am going with a curated. 

Latest posts

Back