Birchbox April 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too. I noticed this 2 months ago and e-mailed them about it but never got a reply. I only get points for Twitter.
I just got a sort of follow up email. She confirmed once again that you are supposed to get points for sharing on FB, and she said that she sent it to IT. 

I finally got my box! Happy Friday to me!

The good: I purchased the Rifle tote and it is beautiful! I love it and am so glad I got it. It will be great for Spring & Summer.

The bad: despite getting a confirmation email for the Jane Iredale, I didn't get it. I got the Jouer AND the Pop Beauty shadow. I have no interest in either of those items so I'm pretty bummed. I also got the Beaver Shampoo & Conditioner...what a horrible name for a product.

I've emailed customer service, we'll see what can be done, if anything.

Question: Have folks been saving their Birchboxes since January? I cannot even remember why we are supposed to save them now... that seemed so long ago.

Question: Have folks been saving their Birchboxes since January? I cannot even remember why we are supposed to save them now... that seemed so long ago.
I'm saving mine, mostly because I use them for desk and bathroom storage. I don't think BB ever said why we should save them.

I'm saving mine, mostly because I use them for desk and bathroom storage. I don't think BB ever said why we should save them.
There was going to be a surprise but no one specifically said what it would be.  They might have meant save boxes because we are going to stop doing the plain brown ones. Or there might be a contest at the end of the year. 

This box was such a bummer I'm having trouble getting myself to comment on it! It's been days since my box came. The only item I have tried is my PYS jane iredale. Love it. Very tiny sample but I love it.

The box is such a bummer because I have already tried 3 of the 5 brands in previous boxes and 2 of them are the same product but in a different scent. All of them are tiny.

Not soap radio: this is my 3rd body wash from them I almost have the full set!

Harvey prince body butter: I got the lotion before

Super goop eye cream: I got the spf before

Ojon hair oil: I will try it but I have trouble finding hair oil I like. I thought I took dry hair off my profile to avoid oils but maybe I didnt. Just send me hair masks BB jeez. There are so many hair masks I want to try but I get oils. Ipsy sent me a hair oil this month too. Le sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
This box was such a bummer I'm having trouble getting myself to comment on it! It's been days since my box came. The only item I have tried is my PYS jane iredale. Love it. Very tiny sample but I love it.

The box is such a bummer because I have already tried 3 of the 5 brands in previous boxes and 2 of them are the same product but in a different scent. All of them are tiny.

Not soap radio: this is my 3rd body wash from them I almost have the full set!

Harvey prince body butter: I got the lotion before

Super goop eye cream: I got the spf before

Ojon hair oil: I will try it but I have trouble finding hair oil I like. I thought I took dry hair off my profile to avoid oils but maybe I didnt. Just send me hair masks BB jeez. There are so many hair masks I want to try but I get oils. Ipsy sent me a hair oil this month too. Le sigh.
I know it isn't the same as a hair mask, but a lot of the time I use the hair oils they give me as overnight hair masks. They work better than a lot of the normal masks I've used.

They replied that they're sending a replacement for the shadows. Oh well I can always give it to my sister.

Hmmm the discount code I'm not sure yet! 
Birchbox emailed me today today, they are out of the eyeshadow palette and won't send me a replacement, instead they gave me 50 points for the busted eyeshadow.  Whoo!

I finally got to try everything in my box. I got:

Bee Venom Mask (nice scent but I didn't see much effect)

CR Illuminizer (nice, but I don't see me working it into my routine on a permanent basis)

Hair Sunscreen Spray (fine, smell isn't my fav, sample is big so I will use it this summer when I garden)

Temple Lotion (nice but not exciting, already used it up)

Jane Iredale PYS (kinda bummed, I was really looking forward to this sample as I love JI, but while this smells awesome it comes out as a pretty bright pink on my lips... which is not great for me)

Overall, I thought it was a good box, as I'm glad I got to try these picks. I'm rooting for hair mask too in future boxes!

I finally got my box. Mine is the upgraded version (I signed up for the upgrade as soon as it was being offered just to see what it's all about) so I'm assuming the Cult and the Lord and Berry items are the upgrade part. I'm really happy about this box because I'm going to be able to use most of the items. I'm currently loving Jouer so another Jouer mini is nice. I tried it on right away and the shade petal is perfect for me. I prefer this to the Tata Harper version. I'm looking forward to trying the Paula's Choice vitamin C serum as well. The beaver stuff I'll pass on. The Cult nail polish I'm the most excited about because I have one Cult already and it's really good. I'm horrible at applying nail polish and when I wore the Cult I had bought my friend thought I had gel nails. The nail polish looked so good. It's extremely easy to apply and lasts great and looks even better. I'll stick with the upgraded version for now because at least for this month it was worth paying the extra. Hopefully next month is as good as this month.

Birchbox April 2015.jpg

Ditto for me. My most recent discovery is how perfectly they fit into a hanging shoe organizer....not the type w/ almost flat pockets that usually go on a door but the type w/ horizontal closer-to-shoebox sized compartments that are meant to hang on a closet rod....sort of the smaller version of oft-seen hanging sweater organizers.

I'm in desperate need for additional storage/organizational space & had the idea to hang that type of organizer sideways behind my bathroom door; I hung it using one of those over-the-door hooks that sticks out more - say about 6" or so - to allow for a number (~6-10?) of hangers to fit on it; they are available @ Dollar Tree & worked perfectly!

Anyway, the birchboxes are the PERFECT width for the compartments & two stacked leave just a tad extra space width-wise. Depth-wise there is also room for two do I'm keeping less-often-used items (in less pretty boxes) in the back & more "popular" things in front. I don't have quite all the boxes I need yet but I LOVE how it's coming along. At some point I may paint some/most of the boxes b/c - while individually pretty - collectively the designs don't exactly coordinate.

I'll take & post a photo soon so you can see what I tried to explain in terms of how I have it hanging, etcetera.

For another nice fit rec, I have all of my cream shadows/ eye bases color tattoos, black radiance cream shadow, elf smudge pots, & others) in one box & they fit quite well w/ two deep, three across & five lengthwise.

I use some boxes for other misc items in my room also, & both tops & bottoms work nicely as drawer dividers/ organizers.

Hope this helps!

I finally got my box. Mine is the upgraded version (I signed up for the upgrade as soon as it was being offered just to see what it's all about) so I'm assuming the Cult and the Lord and Berry items are the upgrade part. I'm really happy about this box because I'm going to be able to use most of the items. I'm currently loving Jouer so another Jouer mini is nice. I tried it on right away and the shade petal is perfect for me. I prefer this to the Tata Harper version. I'm looking forward to trying the Paula's Choice vitamin C serum as well. The beaver stuff I'll pass on. The Cult nail polish I'm the most excited about because I have one Cult already and it's really good. I'm horrible at applying nail polish and when I wore the Cult I had bought my friend thought I had gel nails. The nail polish looked so good. It's extremely easy to apply and lasts great and looks even better. I'll stick with the upgraded version for now because at least for this month it was worth paying the extra. Hopefully next month is as good as this month.

I got this same box, and i think i'll cancel the upgrade. It wasnt bad this month, just not great for me as I have plenty of mascara, and I've realized that I have plenty of makeup.

I am not a happy birchboxee @ the moment. While my box wasn't supposed to be amazing - hell, I was due to receive three lotions! - I was excited to try the Jouer tint (my PYS) intrigued to see what the POP shadows would be like, & decently interested in giving two of my three lotions a go.

Imagine my shock when I opened my box today to find NONE of what I was expecting but an entirely different box altogether...one that quite frankly made my supposed-to-have-received box seem incredible.

The box I actually received included:

Beaver shampoo & conditioner

La Fresh Body Soother wipe

Harvey Prince Hello lotion

Jane Iredale tint

I am none too pleased. And no, I didn't use the cheat; my online "box" still shows what I thought I would be receiving.

I emailed CS a polite yet firm note voicing my disappointment.

I also want to make sure my account is accurate re: what did show up in my mailbox so that I don't get any of these "goodies" again.

This is what I get for having sent a nothing- but- thanks- I'm-super-impressed-with-BB-CS yesterday after they remedied a defective beauty blender I'd received last week w/ an overnight replacement less than 24hrs after I contacted them.

I have to keep reminding myself how ahead I came out w/ that since only one blender was defective (a large hole in it right out of the package) & they sent a replacement duo.

Best case scenario they'll send the box I was supposed to receive but I'll be okay as long as they send me the Jouer, since that was my PYS. Especially if I get another pretty box out if it. We shall see.

Or if they want to give me 500 PYS I suppose I'd be ok w/ that also:).

P.S. Honesty be damned I did rush to "review" all the items on my account that I didn't receive so I at least get the extra points if their fix is to just change what appears online. I'm not embarrassed to admit I actually did that before I even emailed....just in case the items somehow changed at that very moment!
So the saga continues....

Friday I rec'd an email back from them that pretty much ignored my entire email to them aside from my not receiving my PYS (Jouer); supposedly my choice wasn't recorded in the system but they would send me one "as a courtesy". Nice but the fact that there was NO mention/ acknowledgement that I'd received an entirely different box to the one on my online account, the issue re: my not being able to review what I did receive (& wanting to ensure u wouldn't get those items again since they weren't on my account), etc quite honestly infuriated me. My frustration had little if anything to do w/ getting or not getting any particular products; it was borne if the fact that it seemed as if my email hadn't even been actually read/ paid attention to!

I wrote back and said exactly that; I wasn't!t nasty but I wasn't shy about the fact that essentially only one sentence if my two paragraph email had been responded to or even acknowledged. The same rep emailed me back & while I still found her tone to be incredibly annoying & almost condescending she said that they couldn't send me the box that showed on my account due to "inventory issues" but she would send me the two available items (in addition to the already promised Jouer). She at least acknowledged that a mistake had obviously occurred & - mist important to me - updated my account so that it shows what I actually rec'd so that I don't ever receive any of it again!!! (Though the Iredale tint I would take

The latest? Oddly I have since received not one but FOUR replacement shipping notifications. Dare I hope for four gorgeous boxes? Hehe. Three of them appear to be the three individual items she said she would be sending, though who knows why at least the two that she mentioned in the same sentence weren't mailed together?!

The last mystery shipment however is labeled as an "April 2015 BB26 replacement" which sounds to me like another box entirely!? I don't follow the box #s so no clue whether it corresponds w/ the box I rec'd or the one I was supposed to have rec'd but we shall see, though it may be awhile as all four tracking #s are w/ good ol' Newgistics. I am glad to be getting the Jouer & the Whish body butter, esp given that it looks to be Almond. Don't care much about the Supergoop eye cream as it has some irritating ingredients in it but whatever. Am curious to see what the never-mentioned replacement box #26 will hold. And super excited that it likely will, at the very least, mean another box. Woohoo!
We had a similar saga with Birchbox Man one month. The box was damaged (severely) in transit and one item was missing. One email was sent with pictures. As a result, we received a totally different replacement box, the single missing item, and a different replacement item from the 2nd replacement box...all in different shipments and without explanation. Bizarre.

@@Sunfish seems like you got the most out of one can get from Birchbox CS nowadays :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I do notice a significant decline in the friendliness and helpfulness of the reps, especially since late February.

I am afraid this, along with decreased sample quality, is one of the side effects of the corporatization. They want to increase profit margins which mostly translates into lowering customer satisfaction :/

Here is your box 26 https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/april-2015/april-2015-bb26 

Back