Birchbox August 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh yeah the unopened one will find a home!  I am a case manager for chronically homeless, mentally ill clients so I will take it to work. I threw out my freebee birchbox one that gave me razor burn all vacation long!  Thank goodness I was in San Francisco and it was chilly so no one saw!  Plus it is my own fault for taking all new (aka I have never tried them before) products on vacation!  haha
Gotta love that chilly weather! It just started to get cold here in NH and my roomie and I looked at each other and went "Yep. There goes shaving our legs!"

I did the same thing with a new perfume. Put it on before 12 hours of class, and had an allergic reaction to it. YUCK!

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

which box did you get by the way? I wonder if the profile thing worked...
I got Box 1. What about you???

Aww I'm jealous of chilly weather!  I miss boots, sweaters, scarves and what not living in Southern CA! I do not miss snow but miss fall!  I am glad I will be heading to the midwest in October to see real fall!  

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Gotta love that chilly weather! It just started to get cold here in NH and my roomie and I looked at each other and went "Yep. There goes shaving our legs!"

I did the same thing with a new perfume. Put it on before 12 hours of class, and had an allergic reaction to it. YUCK!

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

same! it did work!

I saw the Noir Cosmetics eyeliner from the August box on eBay for $5. For those of you who received it, did you like it?

Originally Posted by GariDong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I saw the Noir Cosmetics eyeliner from the August box on eBay for $5. For those of you who received it, did you like it?
Didn't try it, but I have it on my trade list.

I liked it. It is long lasting and smooths on easy.

I like it better than Stila Smudgesticks and UD liners, its much more precise than those are but I dont like it better than Eyeko liners (but these are not pencil eyeliners, they are marker type liners)

Can you post a link GariDong? I'm interested but it didn't come up when I searched on eBay.

Originally Posted by liteintrees /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can you post a link GariDong? I'm interested but it didn't come up when I searched on eBay.
Try search for "Set of 4: Noir Cosmetics Eyeliner & Ofra Eye Shadow + Brow Pencil & Makeup Bag." It's $5 right now with 1 bid. On my phone right now so can't post link.

Originally Posted by Christy327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What's a trade list?
basically if you don't want something in one of your beauty boxes, you could trade it with something that another person may have that you like. there are threads full of this. trades normally take place via mail. it's really fun :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by mimosette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I loved the razor, but I noticed my daughter scratching her legs. I asked her what was wrong, and she showed me this  horrid red bumpy rash, all over both legs. She had used my razor.

Which :

1. ICK

2. No razor, cheap or pricy, has ever broken her out before. 

This was over 5 days ago, and her legs are just now starting to heal.
I thought I was the only one having problems with this razor! It tore up my legs something awful :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And my skin is not sensitive AT ALL... I've used really cheap and old razors and I've never had issues with razor burn or allergic reactions before. It's a shame because I actually thought the grip was really nice...

Just stumbled upon this thread today and it seems like a lot of people are displeased with bb. I actually canceled my subscription this afternoon. I was so sick of recieving foil packet samples of hair and skin care. If I wanted that, I'd go to Sephora or Ulta! I was always rather annoyed that I never got actual makeup from BB, with the exception for 4 products, after being a subscriber for a year. And the size the the samples were outrageous. I don't know if I'll do another subscription service or not. I have a friend who is subscribed to myglam and loves it, but I may just take my $10 a month to Ulta and buy a product that I actually want.

Back