Birchbox August 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know you probably wanted to use your point for those glosses, but if you are super desperate, you can get them at Bath it's really weird how inconsistent they are... do they not have any official policies in place, or are the people managing them just not following policy correctly? Either way, it's happening so often... I hope they get their stuff together!
Yeah, I specifically wanted to use my points for these.  But I went to B&BW today (buy 2 get 1, plus i had a 20% off coupon on the B&BW iPhone app, and as a side note, the clerk had no clue about that app and thought it was a Groupon, but the code worked, and that's all she really cared about) and bought a bunch of glosses anyway -- including the Mentha Supreme but not the lemon one -- because my not-so-inner magpie is on a sparkly lip gloss kick, and she fell in love with the Lip Diamonds glosses yesterday when I went with a coworker to get her sister-in-law's birthday present.  I wanted to get a Halloween gloss, too, but I wasn't in love with any of those, so I just stuck with the non-seasonal ones.  Six glosses for $25.60.  Not too bad for enough sparkle and shine to last at least a year.  I've still got a limeade Liplicious (more sparkles!) that I must have bought at least five years ago that I've barely made a dent in, although it's usually hiding in purses unknown, which makes using it a tad difficult.  

And Birchbox only refunded $2.50, so I need to get that WTF email sent to them tomorrow (I was absolutely *slammed* at work today and barely got a chance to look at my work-related email other than the stuff directly related to what I was doing, but tomorrow's workload will be about an eighth of today's).  I'm just cranky about it because, dude, why did they deduct points int he first place, and where did they come up with 30 points?  And, again, they did something completely different on an account that had almost the exact same thing going on.  So weird.
Good luck with that email, the same thing happened to me and they offered no explanation at all. Im not returning anything else to them I'll just keep it and try ti trade it or give it away next time. The item I returned was a cleanser and they refunded like $5...

BB support contacted me back about my MIA box.  I guess they are out of replacement boxes...boo!  So I'm hoping my box eventually appears. All they offered was to comp my next box (Sept).  I'm not sure how that'll work since I'm an annual subscriber - I'll have to make sure my subscription goes an extra month I guess?  I think I would have preferred some points... -L
Wow. They need to give you points. I hate to be getting SO down on BB this month but, SERIOUSLY? I think it's complete BS that they can run out of replacement boxes. They have just been terrible this month with everything. And I'd love to know where all the MIA boxes have ended up....

Originally Posted by NutMeg19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow. They need to give you points. I hate to be getting SO down on BB this month but, SERIOUSLY? I think it's complete BS that they can run out of replacement boxes. They have just been terrible this month with everything. And I'd love to know where all the MIA boxes have ended up....
I also feel like it's pretty much impossible to "run out" of replacement boxes. You can always whip something up, because it's not like they don't have samples floating around in their warehouse. Although at this point though, the compensation would probably be more than the value of whatever box they came up with.

It's kind of like how they told me that they were "out" of the Pixi Lip and Line so they couldn't send me one even though it was clearly missing from my box. So was it intentional that you left it out? Because you should have had an extra one floating around seeing as it never arrived at its destination...my box. Plus, it's in stock in the store so BB really wants me to believe they can't send me one? Ha. It's all about the fact that it's cheaper for them to just offer me 100 points instead of paying additional shipping and sending me an $18 product.  Plus it's likely that I might spend the points on a larger ticket item (i.e. perfume, etc.) and end up spending $40 more dollars even if I'm using or redeeming points. Points are really only fair compensation when the sample that's missing/damaged/etc is valued at less than $10.  Like when I was missing that perfume sample last month. Definitely singing a different tune then when I got 100 points for the error.

Same with this missing box. They still come out on top, even if/when they made the mistake. They might comp your next box, but you paid for this one already plus they aren't having to send you a new one adding more shipping and product costs.

Sorry, I'm a bitter Betty this month. I understand why they maintain some of the business practices mentioned above, because they want to make money. Otherwise, they wouldn't be a business. Doesn't mean I have to like those practices or necessarily continue throwing my money at them. End of rant.

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BB support contacted me back about my MIA box.  I guess they are out of replacement boxes...boo!  So I'm hoping my box eventually appears.

All they offered was to comp my next box (Sept).  I'm not sure how that'll work since I'm an annual subscriber - I'll have to make sure my subscription goes an extra month I guess?  I think I would have preferred some points...

-L
They were telling me a different story each time I asked about my box. It would have never arrived if I was not on their case. They finally shipped out a replacement box and I received it today. I called them and let them know how frustrated I was. Don't be slack about it, they should send you a box as well as add points to your account. They added 50 points to mine for the wait. GL!

Originally Posted by starfighter82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried out my razor on my arms so today I tried my legs (my very very sensitive legs). I thought it went okay (I even exfoliated/ used lots and lots of shaving cream), but tonight after taking off my pants I realized my legs are covered in a rash. Egads! It's bad bad bad! I put some Shaveworks cool fix on my legs so hopefully by tomorrow they'll be looking a lot better. I used the razor twice and that is generally my limit of usage for a razor, so I think I will trash it. It was just fine for my arms, but I don't think I'd spend money buying it just for that. My venus breeze works just as well on my arms, but also leaves my legs smooth and rash free.
Am I the only person who likes the razor?  No irritations or anything for me.  Weird.

Originally Posted by lovesmakeup2012 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They were telling me a different story each time I asked about my box. It would have never arrived if I was not on their case. They finally shipped out a replacement box and I received it today. I called them and let them know how frustrated I was. Don't be slack about it, they should send you a box as well as add points to your account. They added 50 points to mine for the wait. GL!
There's times I'd call and push, but I'm a bit sampled out.  It's possible the box will still arrive.  I will ensure that I get an extra month added to annual sub though and just call it.  

Ho hum.  

I thought it was great too

Originally Posted by mjkdior713 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am I the only person who likes the razor?  No irritations or anything for me.  Weird.

I loved it! I've always used Venus, and it never seemed to catch all the hair on my knees. When I used this one, my knees were totally hairless, and I also feel like I went way longer before stubble started to come back. Maybe I just want from a totally shitty razor to a competent one, and that's why I like it so much, but I'm very impressed!

(Now that I think about it, I have no idea why I waited so long before trying out a different brand!)

Don't. Even. Get. Me. Started. Haha...this month has had me beyond frustrated. I feel I've been lied to (because I have), and ignored (because I have). It took several calls and several email before I got my replacement. And, in the tradition of BB just doing whatever, whenever, and everything different for everyone, I didn't get any points. They need to quit Instagramming their staff braiding each other's hair and being cute while drinking coffee and teach them some standard across-the-board procedures.

I loved the razor at first and thought I just got a bug bite but the second time my legs were just completely covered in a rash. It looked and felt like when I was pregnant and broke out into itchy raised hives. I should have taken a picture I can't believe how bad it was, it lasted 2 days. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It worked so well the first time and it works wonderfully everywhere else! I am still considering buying the refills and using the venus on my legs only. That is how good a job it did.

They need to quit Instagramming their staff braiding each other's hair and being cute while drinking coffee and teach them some standard across-the-board procedure.
This is poetry.

Don't. Even. Get. Me. Started.

Haha...this month has had me beyond frustrated. I feel I've been lied to (because I have), and ignored (because I have). It took several calls and several email before I got my replacement. And, in the tradition of BB just doing whatever, whenever, and everything different for everyone, I didn't get any points. They need to quit Instagramming their staff braiding each other's hair and being cute while drinking coffee and teach them some standard across-the-board procedures.
I especially love the last part of your post lol. I can imagine your frustration and then some after seeing the Instagram pics!

Originally Posted by wadedl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I loved the razor at first and thought I just got a bug bite but the second time my legs were just completely covered in a rash. It looked and felt like when I was pregnant and broke out into itchy raised hives. I should have taken a picture I can't believe how bad it was, it lasted 2 days. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It worked so well the first time and it works wonderfully everywhere else! I am still considering buying the refills and using the venus on my legs only. That is how good a job it did.
I got the same rash! I usually do with a moisturized blade.

The razor didn't break me out as bad as some have, but I

also got a couple nicks. It is hard to use a big blade

going around ankles, so I do have patches of unshaven

hair. That is why I use the original Mach 3.

I got back from vacation a few days ago, and gave the cleanser

a try. No break outs, so far. It isn't bad, but I don't see why it

retails for almost $40.  

I'm still on the fence but I'm leaning toward liking it. I think it takes some getting used too and I've been using the Simply Venus razor for long time and I love it but I'd willing to give the Schick a try for a bit longer.  I think with the coupon four heads are like $10?  

Hi there,
As you know, we're always looking for ways to improve your Birchbox experience. We would love if you could fill out a short survey about home and entertaining. It will only take you five minutes and we'll use your responses to help us make decisions about our business.

As always, thank you for your time.

Birchbox

Contact Us | About Birchbox | Blog | FAQ
Copyright © 2012 Birchbox, All rights reserved.You are a member of Birchbox

Our mailing address is:

Birchbox 230 Park Avenue South, Suite 1201
New York, NY 10003
Add us to your address book

Not interested in e-mail updates?  Unsubscribe from this list

Ok, I'm of three minds about that survey email:

1) It just reinforces the belief I have that it is our marketing information, rather than our subscription fees, that are where we are profitable to BB. I have no real issue with this, seeing as I do free surveys all the time for market research.

2) PERHAPS this is an attempt to "improve" the "lifestyle extras".

3) More likely, they're looking at setting up a home/lifestyle box. If this is a different sub (a la BB Man), I'm ok with that. If BB goes away from beauty products and focuses sheerly on home/lifestyle, I will be cancelling.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, I'm of three minds about that survey email:

1) It just reinforces the belief I have that it is our marketing information, rather than our subscription fees, that are where we are profitable to BB. I have no real issue with this, seeing as I do free surveys all the time for market research.

2) PERHAPS this is an attempt to "improve" the "lifestyle extras".

3) More likely, they're looking at setting up a home/lifestyle box. If this is a different sub (a la BB Man), I'm ok with that. If BB goes away from beauty products and focuses sheerly on home/lifestyle, I will be cancelling.
BINGO Its 3, the survey specifically says they are planning on offering a one time limited edition home/entertaining box, HOWEVER then one of the last questions is if you would be interested in SUBSCRIBING to a box like this. And if you would be willing to buy these kind of items from BB. So I think they really dont know yet what they will do and are just asking for ppl's opinions on the whole thing.

Ok, this is going to be a weird post, but worth a shot - 

My friend who just joined BB last month, had a mail issue with her August box.  Apparently the mail person put it in the wrong mailbox (apartments) and the person who got it KEPT IT.  She doesn't know who the person is...or she's the kind of person who would go ask for it back lol.  She has been on the phone with the post office off and on all month about this issue.

Anyway, even though it wasn't BB's fault at all, she called to ask if they had an extra box like hers that she could get - it wasn't a great box IMO, but she was excited about some of the stuff in it, especially since it was only her second one.  They were super nice, and said that they didn't have any boxes to replace hers, but they would give her a credit for it since she never got it.

Soooooo - I would love to see if I can hunt down the samples and surprise her - I actually have extras of 3 of the items she was supposed to get (I get two boxes) but the remaining two I don't have. Since they were things that ppl seemed to think were no good, or no value type of samples, I thought I'd give it a shot and see if anyone would be willing to help me out.  

The two missing samples I'm looking for are the fashion tape sample (she was most excited about this. lol) and the stila card with the foundation/concealor dots or whatever it was this month.  

I'd really appreciate it, if anyone can help!!! 

Back