Birchbox August 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by jkwynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, this is going to be a weird post, but worth a shot - 

My friend who just joined BB last month, had a mail issue with her August box.  Apparently the mail person put it in the wrong mailbox (apartments) and the person who got it KEPT IT.  She doesn't know who the person is...or she's the kind of person who would go ask for it back lol.  She has been on the phone with the post office off and on all month about this issue.

Anyway, even though it wasn't BB's fault at all, she called to ask if they had an extra box like hers that she could get - it wasn't a great box IMO, but she was excited about some of the stuff in it, especially since it was only her second one.  They were super nice, and said that they didn't have any boxes to replace hers, but they would give her a credit for it since she never got it.

Soooooo - I would love to see if I can hunt down the samples and surprise her - I actually have extras of 3 of the items she was supposed to get (I get two boxes) but the remaining two I don't have. Since they were things that ppl seemed to think were no good, or no value type of samples, I thought I'd give it a shot and see if anyone would be willing to help me out.  

The two missing samples I'm looking for are the fashion tape sample (she was most excited about this. lol) and the stila card with the foundation/concealor dots or whatever it was this month.  

I'd really appreciate it, if anyone can help!!! 
post what you're looking for on the trade board :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i'm sure someone has those things they are willing to trade or donate!

Originally Posted by NutMeg19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't. Even. Get. Me. Started.

Haha...this month has had me beyond frustrated. I feel I've been lied to (because I have), and ignored (because I have). It took several calls and several email before I got my replacement. And, in the tradition of BB just doing whatever, whenever, and everything different for everyone, I didn't get any points. They need to quit Instagramming their staff braiding each other's hair and being cute while drinking coffee and teach them some standard across-the-board procedures.
laughno.gif
 So true!

Does anyone know how big the Talika lipocils expert sample is? I was planning on buying the two pack with the Jouer lip enhancer.

Originally Posted by denise89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know how big the Talika lipocils expert sample is? I was planning on buying the two pack with the Jouer lip enhancer.
I got that sample pack too and it is 2ml...so 1/5 the size of the full size, which is 10ml.  I used it for the first time today and am hoping to see some results before I run out of the sample...I would totally buy the full size if it started to work! 
smile.gif

Update on the Leonor Greyl shampoo and conditioner.  I received samples this month and have been using it for the past week.  I previously mentioned that the scent for the shampoo and conditioner is horrible.  Still true, but my hair has seriously never been softer or shinier.  What a conundrum.

*edited to correct grammar error.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't some people receive the Stila card with three samples on it (BB cream, foundation and concealer)?

I ask because I recently got a mini-haul from Sephora, and I selected that card as one of my free samples. I just used all three yesterday, and despite the crappy one-use packaging, I really liked it! The foundation and concealer were good. Since they are comparable to my current brand and a bit cheaper, I might consider purchasing in the future, assuming they have a color one shade lighter than "Light" (what I tried). The BB cream is what I was most excited about, though. I am always nervous to try BB creams because they seem too good to be true, you know? This is the first one I ever tried, and it was awesome. My combo skin felt good and looked perfect. I almost skipped the foundation and concealer, but decided to go ahead and use it up so I could throw away the card. I'm tempted to buy that BB cream. I wish the sample had 3-5 uses instead of almost one use, so I could try it with other foundations to compare. Has anyone here tried it and loved it or hated it after a few uses? I certainly do not need more primers (I'm trying to get rid of all my stuff so I can have more space under my sink haha), but if it's super awesome and could mean I feel comfortable without foundation, I might consider breaking my no-eyeshadow-no-primer-no-illuminizers shopping rule. Just this once.

I liked the Wei mask, there was plenty of product in that little tub, and the effects lasted longer than most other masks I've used.

I was not impressed with the Wei mask. It burned a bit so I know it goes deep but there was no wow at the end.

I got one at Lush and I was like wow my skin is so smooth and in the morning the huge painful zit I had was completely gone. It is really hard to impress me lately though. Between my Clarisonic and Kiehls Acai Serum and Toner and Midnight Recovery Concentrate not much has really stood out. 

I did really love the Wei Beads thoughI used them with a sample of brightening Neutrogena cleanser which I did not even like and it turned it into wow. That made my skin feel perfect. 

Originally Posted by amidea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

does anyone want to share their thoughts on the wei mask?
I did an extensive review on it after I used it, but bottom line I liked it and gave it an A.

I liked the Wei mask a lot - although I confess there was a terrible little part of me thinking of poisoned dog food and the questionability of ingredients in "made in China" products the whole time I had it on. I appear not to have died of lead poisoning yet, though, and plan on continuing to use and trade for it.

I wanted to come on here and give my review feedback about the razor.  I took it on vacation and had an experience similar to many other ladies on here.  This razor gave me horrible razor burn/rash.  I do not have sensitive skin at all and have used many other Schick products.  Of course I had bought my own Hydro before we got it in BB and had taken it out of the packaging so I cannot return it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was really surprised I had this reaction to this razor.  Mine is going to the trash.

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wanted to come on here and give my review feedback about the razor.  I took it on vacation and had an experience similar to many other ladies on here.  This razor gave me horrible razor burn/rash.  I do not have sensitive skin at all and have used many other Schick products.  Of course I had bought my own Hydro before we got it in BB and had taken it out of the packaging so I cannot return it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was really surprised I had this reaction to this razor.  Mine is going to the trash.
Donate it (I assume one is still unopened?) to the women's shelter

Oh yeah the unopened one will find a home!  I am a case manager for chronically homeless, mentally ill clients so I will take it to work. I threw out my freebee birchbox one that gave me razor burn all vacation long!  Thank goodness I was in San Francisco and it was chilly so no one saw!  Plus it is my own fault for taking all new (aka I have never tried them before) products on vacation!  haha

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Donate it (I assume one is still unopened?) to the women's shelter

Originally Posted by alice blue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the same rash! I usually do with a moisturized blade.

The razor didn't break me out as bad as some have, but I

also got a couple nicks. It is hard to use a big blade

going around ankles, so I do have patches of unshaven

hair. That is why I use the original Mach 3.

I got back from vacation a few days ago, and gave the cleanser

a try. No break outs, so far. It isn't bad, but I don't see why it

retails for almost $40.  
I got SO MANY spots from it! Worst razor ever! The spots are scarring now! Im so mad about that razor!

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got SO MANY spots from it! Worst razor ever! The spots are scarring now! Im so mad about that razor!
I loved the razor, but I noticed my daughter scratching her legs. I asked her what was wrong, and she showed me this  horrid red bumpy rash, all over both legs. She had used my razor.

Which :

1. ICK

2. No razor, cheap or pricy, has ever broken her out before. 

This was over 5 days ago, and her legs are just now starting to heal.

Originally Posted by mimosette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I loved the razor, but I noticed my daughter scratching her legs. I asked her what was wrong, and she showed me this  horrid red bumpy rash, all over both legs. She had used my razor.

Which :

1. ICK

2. No razor, cheap or pricy, has ever broken her out before. 

This was over 5 days ago, and her legs are just now starting to heal.
I'm pretty sure this is what's wrong with my legs too!  Sucks cause it gives such a close shave, but I've been scratching non-stop.

Originally Posted by ashleyanner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm pretty sure this is what's wrong with my legs too!  Sucks cause it gives such a close shave, but I've been scratching non-stop.
I'm starting to wonder if this is an allergic reaction to something in the moisturizing strip they used. Lots have reported issues with a rash, and lots have not. I think I'll donate my two razors, I have sensitive skin and eczema on my legs, I don't think I'll take that chance.

I LOVED the Whish body butter. But I don't think I want to spend $20+ on lotion tho. Bath and body gets me more for that price.

Back