Birchbox August 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by NutMeg19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought the same thing. Great for underarms, but on my legs it felt like I was instantly getting razor bumps. And it dried my legs out terribly. I also had the same incident with the cap, haha! Maybe they aren't meant to be recapped??
Me too. It also didn't feel like a close shave on my legs. When I got out of the shower my legs were still a little prickly.

I just ordered the Plus Two Pack with the DDF Cleanser and Amika Nourishing Mask. I ordered the makeup remover qtips (I use the Almay ones already and love them) and the wipes. Total cost about 8 bucks. 
marchmellow.gif

Me too. It also didn't feel like a close shave on my legs. When I got out of the shower my legs were still a little prickly.
My legs were also still prickly. I'm glad that other people are posting this. I thought I was crazy or just a Venus loyalist, haha. Don't know why the Schick razor doesn't give a close shave, but I feel better knowing it's not my imagination hahaha!!

Originally Posted by surelyslim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So what I gather from this is that subscribers need to opt in for BB emails to receive promotions. So far so good..
Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

^^ I need to know where to opt back in at...I guess I need to call or email
I didn't remember if the link was user-specific or not (hence the yadda yadda link etc,) but I just went back to look and it looks like it isn't.    So here is the resubscribe link, so you don't have to jump through hoops to find it. 

http://birchbox.us1.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=a20de1d246ec7dd9cd7388fed&id=06e9d5dcaf

Originally Posted by NutMeg19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm pretty sure Paulina was the only reason I got my replacement box. After numerous emails and tweets to BB ops, and no responses other than "you're taken care of" (What does that mean????), she was able to get back to me in 30 minutes with a link to my tracking #, etc! I think she is our last hope CS wise, so I hope this isn't true!
Well it wouldn't be so terrible if they could train the rest off their CS train to be perform as well as she does. With people having to jump through hoops just to get one solid answer as opposed to 4 different & conflicting answers....if people know that she will get them a clear-cut answer within a couple hours, of course they're going to reach out to her.  

Yes, they're a growing company, and yes they'll have some growing pains, but that doesn't mean that the quality of service (CS, or QC) should be diminished in the slightest. While I haven't had any issues with any of my boxes in terms of missing, or damaged products (aside from the anniversary codes,) I should hope that if that ever does happen, talking to CS and getting a satisfactory answer within reasonable time shouldn't feel like pulling teeth.

Originally Posted by plutorayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well it wouldn't be so terrible if they could train the rest off their CS train to be perform as well as she does. With people having to jump through hoops just to get one solid answer as opposed to 4 different & conflicting answers....if people know that she will get them a clear-cut answer within a couple hours, of course they're going to reach out to her.  

Yes, they're a growing company, and yes they'll have some growing pains, but that doesn't mean that the quality of service (CS, or QC) should be diminished in the slightest. While I haven't had any issues with any of my boxes in terms of missing, or damaged products (aside from the anniversary codes,) I should hope that if that ever does happen, talking to CS and getting a satisfactory answer within reasonable time shouldn't feel like pulling teeth.
I think what Birchbox needs to consider doing is having an established set of policies regarding issues that arise - lost box, missing item, damages, etc - and then have each and every customer service rep follow the policies. It really wouldn't be that difficult to do. That way there would be no problems with different answers from different reps and, even worse, different solutions for different subscribers. 

ETA And perhaps Paulina could train her fellow reps on how to follow those policies in a polite and non-condescending way. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Paulina is like..the super BB CS queen. I've had her respond to my email inquiries before and she is always courteous, helpful, and nice. It is a good idea for the BB team to implement some new policies regarding CS responses and hot topics when dealing with customers. Only downside would be if everyone gets a copy-paste response in regards to adopting a policy like that, which would leave many upset because it'd be so unattached and impersonal. One thing to remember is that we are dealing with individual staff, so responses will usually vary. That's a possibility with any company. Blanket policies are nice, but there is always a CSR who is willing to go the extra mile for a customer and the CSR who couldn't care less.

I have to agree. The rest of BB ops needs to be trained like Paulina who has some AMAZING CS skills.

Has anyone tried to get the 50 bonus points and the free sample pack at the same time? It seems you can only get one or the other-as soon as you put in the bonus points code, the sample pack goes back to $10. Remove the code and the sample becomes free again.  I was hoping to stack. Ah well... 

Originally Posted by TXSlainte /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sadly, Birchbox isn't exactly known for doing the same for everyone. 
So I've got a little story about this:  I ordered two Bigelow glosses -- the Ultra Mentha and the Lemon -- on two different accounts.  On one account, I also ordered the stila lip gloss trio, so that order was completely covered by points ($7.50 + $12.50 = $20), and on the other, I ordered the pre-tweeze swabs, so I paid $2.50 because I only had 100 points ($7.50 + $5.00 = $12.50).  When the Bigelow glosses were no longer available, I received email on both accounts stating that they were refunding me however I paid for them and that they were giving me an additional 50 points.

But.  On the account where I only used points, I got 100 points back for the canceled order plus 50 points because it was canceled, for a total of 150 points for the canceled order.  On the account where I partially paid for the order with actual money, they first *deducted* 50 points, although I only had 32 to start with, so my balance went to 0.  Then they added 50 points, which partially canceled out the deduction (more on that in the next sentence, and then they added another 30 points, although I have no clue how they came up with 30 points.  Because of the negative point entry, my net point gain was 48 points, so I didn't even get the 50 sorry-your-order-got-canceled points, nevermind a refund of the points used to place the order, and if my point balance had been greater than 50 at the beginning of this, I would have only received 30.  I don't know how much they're refunding to my credit card because it takes three days for that to show up on my transaction history, and it's only been a day or two.  I've got email composed asking, in short, WTF is going on with this that I have to wait to send out tomorrow because this was on my work email account.  Two orders, two items for the same price, wildly different handling of the canceled items.  I'm trying to decide whether to mention the fact that they handled the issue completely differently for the same person on two different accounts.  It's annoying and frustrating as hell.  I really wanted those glosses!

Is it just me, or do they run out of stuff quickly? It seems whenever i want to order something, it's always out of stock :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I've got a little story about this:  I ordered two Bigelow glosses -- the Ultra Mentha and the Lemon -- on two different accounts.  On one account, I also ordered the stila lip gloss trio, so that order was completely covered by points ($7.50 + $12.50 = $20), and on the other, I ordered the pre-tweeze swabs, so I paid $2.50 because I only had 100 points ($7.50 + $5.00 = $12.50).  When the Bigelow glosses were no longer available, I received email on both accounts stating that they were refunding me however I paid for them and that they were giving me an additional 50 points.

But.  On the account where I only used points, I got 100 points back for the canceled order plus 50 points because it was canceled, for a total of 150 points for the canceled order.  On the account where I partially paid for the order with actual money, they first *deducted* 50 points, although I only had 32 to start with, so my balance went to 0.  Then they added 50 points, which partially canceled out the deduction (more on that in the next sentence, and then they added another 30 points, although I have no clue how they came up with 30 points.  Because of the negative point entry, my net point gain was 48 points, so I didn't even get the 50 sorry-your-order-got-canceled points, nevermind a refund of the points used to place the order, and if my point balance had been greater than 50 at the beginning of this, I would have only received 30.  I don't know how much they're refunding to my credit card because it takes three days for that to show up on my transaction history, and it's only been a day or two.  I've got email composed asking, in short, WTF is going on with this that I have to wait to send out tomorrow because this was on my work email account.  Two orders, two items for the same price, wildly different handling of the canceled items.  I'm trying to decide whether to mention the fact that they handled the issue completely differently for the same person on two different accounts.  It's annoying and frustrating as hell.  I really wanted those glosses!
I know you probably wanted to use your point for those glosses, but if you are super desperate, you can get them at Bath & Body Works. They are my favorite glosses ever. You probably already knew you could get them at B&BW, but I thought I'd offer the information just in case. Hope you get this issue sorted out; it's really weird how inconsistent they are... do they not have any official policies in place, or are the people managing them just not following policy correctly? Either way, it's happening so often... I hope they get their stuff together!

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know you probably wanted to use your point for those glosses, but if you are super desperate, you can get them at Bath & Body Works. They are my favorite glosses ever. You probably already knew you could get them at B&BW, but I thought I'd offer the information just in case. Hope you get this issue sorted out; it's really weird how inconsistent they are... do they not have any official policies in place, or are the people managing them just not following policy correctly? Either way, it's happening so often... I hope they get their stuff together!
I think I mentioned this earlier in this thread, but oh well. Pretty soon B&BW will be putting out holiday stuff, and they have some awesome seasonal versions of the Bigelow glosses!! Last year I got 5, including Spiced Vanilla Chai and Gingerbread Latte Mentha Lip Shine. They taste soooooo good!! They also have the Bigelow organic glosses, and I got a Golden Peach moisturizing lip shine, which is pretty awesome too! I caught them on a buy 3 get 2 free sale, which they do all the time, so it's a better deal there, and they have a HUGE variety of different flavors!

It's the last week of August....which means September speculations will start soon. Right? I might be slightly anxious for next month. Isn't it BB's anniversary?

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bonus, these are at BBW as you already know. And they're always Buy 2, Get 1 Free. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I FINALLY got my hands on an eyeko liner thanks to the BB trade thread, and I just wanted to say that I love this eyeliner and I wish they would make one in brown. I am thinking about getting the purple one, but at the same time, I am not sure I would even use it. And I wont get the turquoise or the olive. I wish they had more colors!

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I FINALLY got my hands on an eyeko liner thanks to the BB trade thread, and I just wanted to say that I love this eyeliner and I wish they would make one in brown. I am thinking about getting the purple one, but at the same time, I am not sure I would even use it. And I wont get the turquoise or the olive. I wish they had more colors!
They do make one in brown. You have to buy it on the Eyeko website though. : )

Edit: It's currently out of stock. >_<

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Received my box!  #19--I don't think anyone's posted a pic yet so here's mine.  Excited to try all the items.

Yay!  I love getting packages in the mail!!

I wish the shampoo and conditioner didn't come in foil packets.  I hate propping them up in the shower on the shelf.   The cleanser is a nice size, and the posted comments have me very interested in it.   I received a completely different size of the cleanser. Mine is at least 2x the size of the one pictured, plus I received a full size on the polish remover swabs.

Latest posts

Back