Birchbox August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My birthday is August 12. And I am SO OVER July. It has been a pretty dull summer so far and nothing starts happening (in my life) until August! I feel like July is just dragging, and that includes boxes. Can we please fast forward a week or so?

Birthday girl here too, seems like there are a lot of us. Send us melts smoothed cupcakes Birchbox !!!! Ahhhhh , I'd probably lick the frosting off the box

Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My birthday is August 12. And I am SO OVER July. It has been a pretty dull summer so far and nothing starts happening (in my life) until August! I feel like July is just dragging, and that includes boxes. Can we please fast forward a week or so?
Seriously. May and June went by really quickly, and July has just seemed to drag on. This lame summer school class I'm taking will be over, I have a trip coming up at the end of August, the fall semester will start (with hopefully more appealing classes), I get money from school, my sister is coming to stay for a little while, and my birthday is rapidly approaching (not terribly excited for that). July can hurry up and end any freaking time now.

And on the birthday note, I think it would be really cool if Birchbox included an extra something for birthdays. I understand that maybe wouldn't work for monthly subscribers since theoretically people could pretend their birthday was the first month of the sub and then cancel, but maybe as an extra incentive to sign up for an annual membership include something extra for birthdays? Of course that can't happen, but boxes are so specific to the month that a birthday bonus would be really nice.

Okay so I have a question, I signed up for my first box like a week ago, it just shipped on the 20th, on birchbox's website it is marked as the july box. Will I be receiving August since I signed up so late in July or will they not bill me again till September 1st? (I have no clue when they bill, I'm just assuming the 1st) I want to get the August box and don't mind being billed again so soon after signing up.

Originally Posted by pghmom1292 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay so I have a question, I signed up for my first box like a week ago, it just shipped on the 20th, on birchbox's website it is marked as the july box. Will I be receiving August since I signed up so late in July or will they not bill me again till September 1st? (I have no clue when they bill, I'm just assuming the 1st) I want to get the August box and don't mind being billed again so soon after signing up.
You should probably be getting a July box, and then the August one next month. I'm not sure when the exact cutoff for the month is (if there even is one - it may depend on if they still have any July ones left) but at the very "latest" your first box should be the August one. I signed up late in July last year and got the current month's box, and of course it didn't arrive until the very end of the month, and then got my August box less than 2 weeks later. It was pretty cool getting 2 boxes within 2 weeks, but it made the regular month-long wait for my September box agonizing!

You should probably be getting a July box, and then the August one next month. I'm not sure when the exact cutoff for the month is (if there even is one - it may depend on if they still have any July ones left) but at the very "latest" your first box should be the August one. I signed up late in July last year and got the current month's box, and of course it didn't arrive until the very end of the month, and then got my August box less than 2 weeks later. It was pretty cool getting 2 boxes within 2 weeks, but it made the regular month-long wait for my September box agonizing!
The cut off date is usually the 15th of the month for late sign ups.

Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And on the birthday note, I think it would be really cool if Birchbox included an extra something for birthdays. I understand that maybe wouldn't work for monthly subscribers since theoretically people could pretend their birthday was the first month of the sub and then cancel, but maybe as an extra incentive to sign up for an annual membership include something extra for birthdays? Of course that can't happen, but boxes are so specific to the month that a birthday bonus would be really nice.
I think it would be hard since the boxes are pre-packaged, but I'd be happy with a birthday code, birthday points or an extra sample if we order that month! But yeah, I dont know how they could regulate that since lots of people would try to cheat the system.

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think it would be hard since the boxes are pre-packaged, but I'd be happy with a birthday code, birthday points or an extra sample if we order that month! But yeah, I dont know how they could regulate that since lots of people would try to cheat the system.
I don't think it would be hard to regulate. At Godiva we have birthday coupons that activate the year after you set it (Ex: if you sign up today and your birthday is Dec 25, it won't work until 2014). Meaning, if you set your birthday, and it happens to be Jan 1st and then after you receive your coupon, you change it to Feb 1st, it's not going to work until Feb 1st 2014. 

People can subscribe and cancel with the same email account as many times as they want but they probably won't be able to redeem a birthday offer multiple times a year this way (unless they have multiple boxes with diff bdays in each). 

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think a birthday code would be a good idea. That way, even if someone does cheat and puts in a fake birthday, they would really only be able to do it ONCE and something like 20% off really wouldn't be a huge hit for them, if the person decides to cancel right away. They would still have to buy something, so BB would still get some business out of it. Birthday points would be nice, too. But yeah, trying to put extra stuff in a specific box seems like it might be more trouble than it's worth. 

I don't think it would be hard to regulate. At Godiva we have birthday coupons that activate the year after you set it (Ex: if you sign up today and your birthday is Dec 25, it won't work until 2014). Meaning, if you set your birthday, and it happens to be Jan 1st and then after you receive your coupon, you change it to Feb 1st, it's not going to work until Feb 1st 2014.  People can subscribe and cancel with the same email account as many times as they want but they probably won't be able to redeem a birthday offer multiple times a year this way (unless they have multiple boxes with diff bdays in each). 
Hey my birthday is December 25th!

Embryolisse is my favorite moisturizer. One of the best - if not the best - thing that BB has introduced me to.
Same here. My first full size tube is about gone. It has done wonders for my very dry face.

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

mine is december 26th! yay capricorns! 
How often have you gotten shafted on presents? "This is your birthday AND Christmas present!" As an adult it's not a big deal, but as a kid I always imagined that would kind of suck.

I was hoping to get the mystery sample pick 2, but unfortunately I didn't add it correctly to my cart :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> instead I picked the Wei and Oscar Blandi products on accident! I'm so bummed and frustrated because I'm totally not interested in either product! Next time I'll be more careful when making an order hehe

Originally Posted by pghmom1292 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're getting the July box. You'll get charged on Aug 1 for the August box, and then it'll continue like that until you cancel. It'll take some time for your box to update on the website, but mine updated before I got my actual box so I was able to see which one I was getting.

A

How often have you gotten shafted on presents? "This is your birthday AND Christmas present!" As an adult it's not a big deal, but as a kid I always imagined that would kind of suck.
Actually my family was great. Christmas was usually the time when all my family was together. We would do a separate celebration after dinner. My cousin was the 26th and my grandma was also Christmas.

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Superfish19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey my birthday is December 25th!

I'm the 27th! yay birthday buddies

Originally Posted by queenofperil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And yes it is frustrating. I get many Christmas cards that say happy birthday. And when my mom sends out checks for Christmas I get the same amount for Christmas and my birthday that they do for Christmas.... What ever I'm only slightly bitter hehehehe

Quote: Originally Posted by queenofperil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i hate my birthday. it blows. i do get shafted :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm the 27th! yay birthday buddies And yes it is frustrating. I get many Christmas cards that say happy birthday. And when my mom sends out checks for Christmas I get the same amount for Christmas and my birthday that they do for Christmas.... What ever I'm only slightly bitter hehehehe
Another Dec b day here ! I'm on the 21st. I'm a true Sagittarius. I was supposed to be born on the 25th. Whew! When I was 7; got tired of shafted between b day and Christmas gifts. I declared that I'm celebrating my b day in Feburary along with my favorite cousin. We did that for 7 years. After that; I was able to get both gifts and still do now. Like you said as an adult, really, enough of stuff. I do appreciate the thought :)

Latest posts

Back