Birchbox August 2014 - Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@sstich79 Just looked and you can buy the Not Soap, Radio body wash now! And there's several other scents too. Totally wouldn't mind trying another one in my September box. If there were a sampler in the BB store, I'd throw my points money at them. Please Birchbox??  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I literally just made my first BH Cosmetics order the other day! I'd never heard of them before but I had to get the SF palette since I miss the crap out of the bay area. Are their liquid eyeliners pretty easy to use??
I love their liquid eyeliner pen! Very easy to use, nice felt tip that doesn't get beat up over time. I wish it were a little more matte when dry, but I think that's hard to find anyway. It's super cheap and lasts me forever. I use it 1-2x per week and it usually lasts me 6-8 months before I need to flip the tip (just use tweezer to remove and replace), which then gives me another 2-3 months. To be fair, though, the only other liquid felt tip liner I've used was Eyeko and that dried out ridiculously fast. So, I don't have much to compare it to. 

Wow amazing BB customer service experience today.  I ordred the Revealed 2 palette and it came in the mail.  The outside of the palette was dinged up (corner smushed and back had a crease) palette itself had a dented in corner a chunk missing from an eyeshadow so loose shadow was inside.

I emailed to say I would like a new one and send this one back.  They told me keep this one, gave me 100 points, and sent a new palette to me via 2 day UPS.  It will be here Monday.

I felt they want above and beyond!

I'd love to review my Birchbox but it still hasn't arrived.  I have two accounts... one I picked the bronzer and another I picked the everyday girl box.  Well, the account where I picked the bronzer arrived with the eyeshadow instead almost 10 days ago.  My Everyday girl box still isn't here and shipped on the 7th!  I let Birchbox know about the bronzer issue and they are just sending me a separate package with just the bronzer in it.  If it wasn't for the awesome points system, I'm cancel both my accounts, instead of just the one I'm going to close here in a minute... as soon as my box arrives and I can use up the points in it.
Update:  Birchbox made everything right.  They sent me the bronzer that I didn't get in one box and I got that yesterday.  I also received a reshipment of the Everyday Girl box yesterday, since my first shipment was lost in the mail.  I'm happy again! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow amazing BB customer service experience today. I ordred the Revealed 2 palette and it came in the mail. The outside of the palette was dinged up (corner smushed and back had a crease) palette itself had a dented in corner a chunk missing from an eyeshadow so loose shadow was inside.

I emailed to say I would like a new one and send this one back. They told me keep this one, gave me 100 points, and sent a new palette to me via 2 day UPS. It will be here Monday.

I felt they want above and beyond!
That's why I stick with Birchbox!

I emailed Birchbox a couple weeks ago that I was disappointed the Everygirl box sold out as a pick-your-sample, and then was offered in a promotion, and that I hoped in the future they'd set aside more of the featured boxes for current subscribers. They responded by sending me a Everygirl box in addition to my regular box. Totally unnecessary gesture, but I appreciate it. I had wanted the box ONLY for the benefit liner sample. I've tried the liner at Sephora, and like it. Today I finally got around to testing the birchbox sample... holy hot ham and cheese it is the worst sample imaginable. It's useless; it's like Benefit is trying to earn as many terrible reviews as possible as soon as they can. I can't imagine why they would even put their name on this. I'm flabbergasted.

I played with the actual They're Real at sephora yesterday and it really did seem like it would be so easy. Why's the sample have to be so awful??

Just wanted to say I got my women's health rebates a few days ago.  I had 2 accounts and I put the rebate cards in the same envelope and I received a single check with the combined rebate amount.

ended up cancelling birchbox because the past probably 5 boxes have been so disappointing..what happened birchbox??? Am i the only one that feels this way?

I got my August box today and I was actually pretty happy with it...but if you would have told me in the past I'd be happy about a box with a perfume sample, black liner, facial cleanser, shave cream and lip crayon would make me happy, I'd have thought you were crazy. I normally want ALL THE MAKEUP (except black liner lol), but I think all my time with Ipsy and Starlooks have gotten me a lot of makeup and it's nice to have new brands that I haven't tried before.

Last edited by a moderator:
So when I emailed BB about having two Neil George conditioners and not a shampoo in my box they said they would send a shampoo out.  Never received a shampoo almost 15 business days later. Not that I was dying to try it or anything but was going to give it to my mom/aunt/someone that would use it.  When I spoke to someone they said they were out of the sample. So they just credited me points.  I'm happy with that solution.  The points are more useful to me anyway.  Now I have two conditioners headed for the trash can...

So when I emailed BB about having two Neil George conditioners and not a shampoo in my box they said they would send a shampoo out.  Never received a shampoo almost 15 business days later. Not that I was dying to try it or anything but was going to give it to my mom/aunt/someone that would use it.  When I spoke to someone they said they were out of the sample. So they just credited me points.  I'm happy with that solution.  The points are more useful to me anyway.  Now I have two conditioners headed for the trash can...
you should add them to your trade list, one person's trash is another one's treasure ;-)

Or donate them to a homeless/womens/youth center.

you should add them to your trade list, one person's trash is another one's treasure ;-)

I got my August box today and I was actually pretty happy with it...but if you would have told me in the past I'd be happy about a box with a perfume sample, black liner, facial cleanser, shave cream and lip crayon would make me happy, I'd have thought you were crazy. I normally want ALL THE MAKEUP (except black liner lol), but I think all my time with Ipsy and Starlooks have gotten me a lot of makeup and it's nice to have new brands that I haven't tried before.
I just re-subscribed and this is the box that I'm getting as well. I'm excited to try everything but the eye liner...that will have to find a different home.

I was thinking of doing this but I didn't really think anyone would want them.

Or donate them to a homeless/womens/youth center.
That's a really good idea.  I'm going to look into this.  I'm sure I have a few other things I can donate as well.  Thanks for the suggestion :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ha!  Birchbox completely made my day!  

I decided to get a second Sept box on a whim only to see that they'll be sending me an August box first.  Then today I see that I'll be getting the Laqa Lip Lube that I got in my original box in another color!  I freaking love that lip lube, my favorite thing I've gotten in my BB and it's full size as well which retails for $18.  

Birchbox, you are in my good graces again.

Duuuude I'm jelly. Want that lip lube in purple...may end up just saving points for it at this point.

Back