Birchbox - February 2012 boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got charged for my BB today too. It shouldn't be normal to be so excited to see money being taken out of my account. 
blink.gif
biggrin.gif

Augh, my Beauty Army, Birchbox AND Beauty Bar charges went through today and I still haven't been paid yet D: Now I'm -$20... No good, no good..Looks like I'm running to the ATM to deposit my last $5 and hope Beauty Bar's charge doesn't finish processing until tomorrow night or Monday.*panic*

yikes!  did you get that cleared up?

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Augh, my Beauty Army, Birchbox AND Beauty Bar charges went through today and I still haven't been paid yet D: Now I'm -$20... No good, no good..Looks like I'm running to the ATM to deposit my last $5 and hope Beauty Bar's charge doesn't finish processing until tomorrow night or Monday.*panic*

Hah eclipse Im in somewhat the same situation. My landlord apparently never deposited my feb rent, and Im so busy with school I didnt notice. I keep all my money in a high interest savings account since its so dangerous to keep so much money in a debit account. So Im now overdrawn 1k+!! 

One of my first concerns when I was talking with my bank was all my pending charges for march boxes. Thankfully they wont be bounced! That was my first concern, haha. Im pretty sure I can sweet talk my way out of the charges to my account once my money transfers in. 

Has anyone tried the avene body oil? I got a newbie box and so it didn't have many of the current sample and I have been thinking about the avene body oil  and debating if I should get it. 

I also am thinking about the orofluido-- any thoughts would be good to hear.

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hah eclipse Im in somewhat the same situation. My landlord apparently never deposited my feb rent, and Im so busy with school I didnt notice. I keep all my money in a high interest savings account since its so dangerous to keep so much money in a debit account. So Im now overdrawn 1k+!! 

One of my first concerns when I was talking with my bank was all my pending charges for march boxes. Thankfully they wont be bounced! That was my first concern, haha. Im pretty sure I can sweet talk my way out of the charges to my account once my money transfers in. 

what bank are you with? i've this happen to me before and "sweet talk" doesn't work. neither does a hammer. if you've never had issue like that before they might drop some charges, but that's how banks make money so i'd get that clearled up ASAP. my sister-in-law even is a bank manager at my bank (so is her boyfriend) and not even they could do anything... if, of course, you're with a small, private bank and you're in good standing with the people there it might be a different deal. i also don't mean to scare you or anything, just be careful!

one time, due to getting paid late, and buying a few snacks, a coffee at dunkin' and some other random crap which equaled about $50 i had to pay $320 or something like that. boy, was i happy!

I have PNC and I literally am a walking sales rep for them because of how amazing they are. I normally work as a cashier and any customer who randomly mumbles something about changing banks or hating their bank I make sure they know my feelings about PNC. lol.

I've had issues in the past where I was told I get a free box of checks but was really only suposed to get one, they charged me for the full box. I called and got refunded and an apology and still got to keep my full box of checks. I was able to secure a free money order even though there was a fee because my checks hadnt arrived on time and I needed a check for rent. With the gogogirlfriend issue, I called and asked about a dispute, not only the CS rep horrified and so understanding of my concerns, I didnt even have to show any proof of the incidents and I was automatically refunded my jan ggg fee and they would tackle gogo on their own, the lady mentioned she could give me a free automatic monthly stop charge as well. I got charged for the stop charge, called, and already have been refunded a day after I called. Plus, I already asked the lady if she thought anything could be done about the overdraft and bounce fee coming my way and she said once the account was back in good standings to call back and she'll make a note that I called immediately when it happened and she thinks something can be done for me. 

If that doesn't show you how amazing they are, I dont know what else will! Plus, virtual wallet has really helped me to budget and keep my money on track. I even now have a separate category that show how much Ive spent on beauty/subscriptions each month, haha. And my school has a deal with them (many schools and organizations do), so I get performance banking for free. So I get refunded any atm fees from other banks at the end of the month and other perks (like higher interest rates on my savings account).

Plus! (I swear im almost done, haha) The banker that I signed up with gave me his personal pnc email and i email him whenever i have a question and dont have time to sit on the phone with CS. He's been really helpful and always finds an answer for me. 

Can you tell I work in sales? But really, if you dont like your bank and have PNC in the area...sign up!

I have PNC and I literally am a walking sales rep for them because of how amazing they are. I normally work as a cashier and any customer who randomly mumbles something about changing banks or hating their bank I make sure they know my feelings about PNC. lol.

I've had issues in the past where I was told I get a free box of checks but was really only suposed to get one, they charged me for the full box. I called and got refunded and an apology and still got to keep my full box of checks. I was able to secure a free money order even though there was a fee because my checks hadnt arrived on time and I needed a check for rent. With the gogogirlfriend issue, I called and asked about a dispute, not only the CS rep horrified and so understanding of my concerns, I didnt even have to show any proof of the incidents and I was automatically refunded my jan ggg fee and they would tackle gogo on their own, the lady mentioned she could give me a free automatic monthly stop charge as well. I got charged for the stop charge, called, and already have been refunded a day after I called. Plus, I already asked the lady if she thought anything could be done about the overdraft and bounce fee coming my way and she said once the account was back in good standings to call back and she'll make a note that I called immediately when it happened and she thinks something can be done for me. 

If that doesn't show you how amazing they are, I dont know what else will! Plus, virtual wallet has really helped me to budget and keep my money on track. I even now have a separate category that show how much Ive spent on beauty/subscriptions each month, haha. And my school has a deal with them (many schools and organizations do), so I get performance banking for free. So I get refunded any atm fees from other banks at the end of the month and other perks (like higher interest rates on my savings account).

Plus! (I swear im almost done, haha) The banker that I signed up with gave me his personal pnc email and i email him whenever i have a question and dont have time to sit on the phone with CS. He's been really helpful and always finds an answer for me. 

Can you tell I work in sales? But really, if you dont like your bank and have PNC in the area...sign up!
i'm from RI and i think the only banks besides bank of america are CITIZENSBANK which is what i have. and i hate them to hell and back, i swear. UGH!

i gotta look into PNC, sounds like a dream!!!

:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm not really impressed by it either. I bought the blemish clearing kit with my BB points (ugh, waste) and I've been using it for a week now, and if anything, I've gotten even more pimples. The big, nasty painful kind, too. :/

Originally Posted by jaimelesmots /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For all of those who got the Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum in your Birchboxes- is it worth the $29 price tag for 2 fl oz.?

I just wanted to post an update on my BB order that I finally received yesterday. I tried the Beauty blender for the first time this morning and I am completely sold on it. I LOVE it! I am glad I got the kit with the cleanser, since it will definitely come in handy. I urge anyone who is interested to give it a try, u wont regret it!

I got the Orofluido sample in my box this month and went ahead and bought a full size. I am picky in all things having to do with my hair since its color treated and frizzy/damaged from when I went blonde a few years ago. This oil is not sticky and it doesnt weigh on your hair. It is so light it doesnt even feel like oil honestly, and my hair absorbs it well. The bottle is pricey at 30.00 BUT it is a big bottle and it will probably last a long time.  

Originally Posted by sihaya /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone tried the avene body oil? I got a newbie box and so it didn't have many of the current sample and I have been thinking about the avene body oil  and debating if I should get it. 

THIS! I worked as a teller for PNC for a year and they really are an amazing company..not only do they treat their customers like gold they also treat their employees amazingly also! I've never been treated that good at a job in my entire life.  They also make sure to tell you how well you're doing, give you little gifts ect.  And their main thing is 5 star customer service..love them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by sihaya /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi Sihaya!  I rec'd the Orofluido.  I've used it a few times, and its amazing.  The scent is beautiful, and it makes my hair really soft and shiney.  I cant say enough good about this!  When I used it today, I put it on dry hair, and thougth was going to be greasy looking because I used a lot, but it just absorbed right in, and left my looking and smelling fantastic.  I really like this product and would recommend it. 

My Birchbox payment went through ok, but I forgot about other charges that were going through my account, so I know my bank will just reject the Sample Society.  Oh well.  There is always next month.  I'm glad I'm getting both the regular Birchbox and the Teen Vogue Birchbox.

i got the big bottle (Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum) with my bb points..  its ok..  it is heavy feeling tho and makes your face feel a little greasy.  it has lightened up dark spots.  but i dont think i would buy it again.. maybe if it was $10, but not almost $30. 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not really impressed by it either. I bought the blemish clearing kit with my BB points (ugh, waste) and I've been using it for a week now, and if anything, I've gotten even more pimples. The big, nasty painful kind, too. :/

Anybody know of some good products that will get rid of dark spots? I'm fighting old acne marks & would love to find something that really works.

Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i got the big bottle (Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum) with my bb points..  its ok..  it is heavy feeling tho and makes your face feel a little greasy.  it has lightened up dark spots.  but i dont think i would buy it again.. maybe if it was $10, but not almost $30. 

Originally Posted by sillylilly05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

THIS! I worked as a teller for PNC for a year and they really are an amazing company..not only do they treat their customers like gold they also treat their employees amazingly also! I've never been treated that good at a job in my entire life.  They also make sure to tell you how well you're doing, give you little gifts ect.  And their main thing is 5 star customer service..love them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
haha, im glad Im not the only one! Ive never had a better experience. i hope wherever i move has pnc, but i could get away with not having a branch since i can do the phone check deposit deal. which even sweetens the pot.

i just did a quick search...  these may be good to try, if they dont work you wont have wasted alot of $$$$$..   old marks are my problem too..  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

http://www.neutrogena.com/category/acne/post-acne+mark+faders.do

Originally Posted by Amber Barrera /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anybody know of some good products that will get rid of dark spots? I'm fighting old acne marks & would love to find something that really works.

Back