Birchbox February 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was almost sold on the sea salt spray, and then they said it smells like bananas. My least favorite scent. Blech. I have an embarrassing excess of mascaras and don't use makeup remover. I think I'll be leaving it up to chance for the second month.

On another topic, did anyone get the snowed in sampler pack? It was supposed to come with my box. Lol yeah right. I called them last week and they said it'd be shipping this week. I have a feeling I'll be calling again next week. Sigh. This is why I stopped doing bbplus. I thought maybe the promo code would be different. Silly me

Last edited by a moderator:
I was almost sold on the sea salt spray, and them they said it smells like bananas. My least favorite scent. Blech. I have an embarrassing excess of mascaras and don't use makeup remover. I think I'll be leaving it up to chance for the second month.

On another topic, did anyone get the snowed in sampler pack? It was supposed to come with my box. Lol yeah right. I called them last week and they said it'd be shipping this week. I have a feeling I'll be calling again next week. Sigh. This is why I stopped doing bbplus. I thought maybe the promo code would be different. Silly me

I think she said it was "crazy bananas" or something like that. It just means really awesome. Often used by Rachel Zoe.

I would think BB would have perfected shipping of BB Plus before rolling out this extended add- on program. I'd be so frustrated if I had ordered something a month ago when items ordered from the shop arrive so quickly.
Ha! You're right. That's what I get for only half paying attention

None of the samples excite me, but I sure would like the Rent a Runway curated box. I did not see any shipping limitations to AK or HI on it. Hopefully that will not change, and if so, that is my pick. I will leave the secondary up to chance as usual.

Hats off also to our super sleuth here graquarius!!! I guess next Monday Aces will get pick then?

I think she said it was "crazy bananas" or something like that. It just means really awesome. Often used by Rachel Zoe.

I would think BB would have perfected shipping of BB Plus before rolling out this extended add- on program. I'd be so frustrated if I had ordered something a month ago when items ordered from the shop arrive so quickly.
That is how I took it too. At least I hope so, as I don't want banana smelling hair either.

Ha! You're right. That's what I get for only half paying attention salt spray is back in the running. Lol.
lol...I must not have been paying attention either. I also thought it was banana scented. Ick! I'm not a sea-salt fan, so it wasn't something I'd have chosen anyway.

All right, I think I'll go with the curated box on one account and the makeup remover on one and leave one to chance.

I would probably like the mascara but I have 35 mascaras in my stash (including a number of full-size ones).  So it doesn't make sense to choose that.  And I have a ton of various sea salt and texturizing sprays, none of which I use.  Don't want to pick the makeup remover on two accounts or I will probably get the same box.

This is my last month with three accounts.  I'll probably cancel one of the remaining two at some point in the near future (and resubscribe to Glossybox month-to-month instead, when my 1-year is up).

Meh, none of the PYS options are appealing, and I'm not really interested in the curated box.  I'm going to just leave it up to Tyche.  (Depending on the box itself, I might re-sub on a secondary account.  I tossed most of my empties last month, but I started making dividers for the ones I still had so I could use then to store my indie shadow collection, and I am actually regretting tossing them all due to the sheer number of jars I currently have, nevermind the ones I'm going to be buying in the future!)

I'm not so excited about any of the samples choices, so I too will be leaving things up to chance. I think this is the third or fourth month in a row that I haven't chosen and I always seem to get one of the choices anyway so now I'm trying to predict which of the three will show up in my box this month.

I'm mildly curious about all the samples (and so glad the spray isn't bananas!), but not curious enough to pick any of them. Another month of chance!

I really miss being able to see all the boxes and rule them out, hopefully someone finds a glitch or workaround this month...

@H_D @jesemiaud  I took it as banana scented too, I already have one that is pineapple scented, so it didn't seem like a huge stretch of imagination to me.  I might pick the sea salt spray if I hadn't already bought a full size one that smells like pineapple.

Ooh I want that Gorjana Greer necklace but I just purchased the Mila necklace, which is gold as well. Hmmmm......

I'll think I'll pass for this month, but what fun options!
I just complained to Birchbox via Facebook about not making the Mila a Plus item lol. I love love loooove the Mila but can't bring myself to pay $80 for a gold plated necklace.

I just complained to Birchbox via Facebook about not making the Mila a Plus item lol. I love love loooove the Mila but can't bring myself to pay $80 for a gold plated necklace.
Girl! Wait til there is another Gorjana sale! I was dying for that necklace and had it in my cart. Then I got an email about the Gorjana sale... ignored it... then got another email saying 80% off! So I searched the site and noticed Mila was included in the sale! It was like $16, but had to pay $9.95 for shipping :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but totally worth it! My only complaint is that on me, the necklace is a bit short, but it still is pretty cool. I'll totally wear it with the Greer necklace I reserved today!! Serioulsy, wait for the sale!

@@Megan27ist you could mix them and have pina colada hair! :lol:
LOL

Yesterday I washed my hair late in the day and used the new Brigigio leave in conditioner, the Beauty Protector Protect and Detangler and then the Bain de Terre argan oil and passion flower hair oil. I was dreaming and smelled mango muffins, then I realized it was my hair. I recommend the combination!!! But I was hungry!

Girl! Wait til there is another Gorjana sale! I was dying for that necklace and had it in my cart. Then I got an email about the Gorjana sale... ignored it... then got another email saying 80% off! So I searched the site and noticed Mila was included in the sale! It was like $16, but had to pay $9.95 for shipping :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but totally worth it! My only complaint is that on me, the necklace is a bit short, but it still is pretty cool. I'll totally wear it with the Greer necklace I reserved today!! Serioulsy, wait for the sale!
Thanks to you I will totally wait for a sale. I was just on their website and could not find the Mila....weird  :blink:

Latest posts

Back