Birchbox February 2016 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warning: this post contains gratuitous petty grouchiness.

So one of my boxes was showing delivery today, but I was skeptical since we're having a mini-blizzard in the northeast today. But despite the odds, the post office came through...

...and delivered it to the wrong mailbox.

Merhh. The tracking on usps shows it was delivered today "in/at mailbox," but when I went to check the mail, there was no box. I live in an apartment complex where the buildings look the same, and sometimes I've received mail for the "Apt. 6" residents of another building in the block. I kinda hope that's what happened, and that whoever received it erroneously will just bring it to my building. But because my life is a never-ending opportunity for farcical performance, OF COURSE this is the box that gets delivered in my cat's name.
It happened to me many times. They probably didn't deliver it at all and you will get your box tomorrow or in few days. It was always like that with me.

Thanks y'all! I helps put my mind at ease a bit. I did get some paper mail, but it was mostly of the supermarket flyer variety. The mail person may just not have been able or wanted to carry packages through the snowfall.

I tried sharing my box on Facebook but didn't get any points- I wrote CS about it and they said you no longer get points for sharing (but can INSPIRE your friends to sign up by sharing and then get 50 points when they do! lol) but she did give me 20 points "for the trouble" so I guess that covers 2 months of not getting that extra benefit...

So I used the cheat before it went offline and was pretty "meh" about my box.  Then I checked again after the cheat went back up and I have a totally different box showing.  This one does NOT have my PYS in it though!  I wouldn't mind so much because the box showing now has the Arrow Lip Balm in it, but the rest of the box really stinks (and I think I already got one of the items before).  :angry:

Both boxes of mine went live yesterday (My sample choices are in the gold boxes). I'm really hoping for the Cupid one from Not Soap, Radio, but all of them sound so funny I can't wait to try one. The only thing that's a disappointment across either box was the red nail polish, but who are we kidding, it's Valentine's Day. I saw this coming. I'd love it except I already have 2 red polishes.

birchbox_feb_2016_live.jpg

Box #1:

• Not Soap, Radio - Body Wash
  • Whish Revitalizing Cleansing Oil
  • Obliphica Professional Seaberry Serum - Medium to Course
  • Color Club - That's My Jam
  • ARROW BOOST Color Enhancin Lip Balm (sample choice)

Box #2:

• 12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair Treatment
  • Hey Honey Take It Off Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask (sample choice)
  • TOCCA Eau de Parfum, Emelia
  • COOLA Face SPF 30 Unscented Matte Tint
  • ARROW BOOST Color Enhancing Lip Balm

Totally slayed my Ipsy bags this month; again.
I am getting your Box #1 and agree about red nail polish. How meh. I am happy with the rest though, looking forward to try the cleansing oil

So I used the cheat before it went offline and was pretty "meh" about my box.  Then I checked again after the cheat went back up and I have a totally different box showing.  This one does NOT have my PYS in it though!  I wouldn't mind so much because the box showing now has the Arrow Lip Balm in it, but the rest of the box really stinks (and I think I already got one of the items before).  :angry:
Unfortunately I am never one of the lucky ones whose boxes change- I am always stuck with the same crap box as originally shown, lol.

I tried sharing my box on Facebook but didn't get any points- I wrote CS about it and they said you no longer get points for sharing (but can INSPIRE your friends to sign up by sharing and then get 50 points when they do! lol) but she did give me 20 points "for the trouble" so I guess that covers 2 months of not getting that extra benefit...
Lucky! I emailed CS about that last month and had to go through 2 different reps to get an answer (the header still read that you get 10pts for sharing). The first gave me just a canned response about inviting friends to join, and the 2nd rep have me 10pts since the header was still live. Jealous of your 20 ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Received my box yesterday and this one is going to blow my Ipsy out of the water.  Really like all of my items, especially the lip balm (full size)!

My box finally loaded! I'm getting:

Arrow lip balm

Parlor detangling leave-in conditioner

Malin+Goetz clay mask

Dasein Winter perfume

Not Soap, Radio body wash

Overall, I'm pretty content with this month. I just HATE getting perfume samples and I feel like I get them more than 6 times a year.

Does anyone know what Birchbox does if they send you a box without your PYS?  It's the 10th now so aren't the boxes "set in stone" at this point?

So this is the first month I've been able to resist looking at my cheat (over a year subscriber now! very little will power) and my box isn't scheduled to arrive until next week. Well, I just got an email that said "shop your samples, earn 75 extra points" and not realizing, I looked at it and it shows samples. Can someone who has looked at their cheat or gotten their box tell me if the samples shown in the email are your actual samples, or just generic samples? I am hoping they aren't the ones I'm getting or else I just ruined the surprise for myself :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks in advance!

Lucky! I emailed CS about that last month and had to go through 2 different reps to get an answer (the header still read that you get 10pts for sharing). The first gave me just a canned response about inviting friends to join, and the 2nd rep have me 10pts since the header was still live. Jealous of your 20 ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I shared the box today to check, and I did not receive any points. I emailed, and the fairly stock reply was that they discontinued the 10 points for shares on social media program.

So this is the first month I've been able to resist looking at my cheat (over a year subscriber now! very little will power) and my box isn't scheduled to arrive until next week. Well, I just got an email that said "shop your samples, earn 75 extra points" and not realizing, I looked at it and it shows samples. Can someone who has looked at their cheat or gotten their box tell me if the samples shown in the email are your actual samples, or just generic samples? I am hoping they aren't the ones I'm getting or else I just ruined the surprise for myself :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks in advance!
They aren't necessarily your samples :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> some of them may be, but it's not all from this month's box or anything!

My box finally came. I had ordered the Amika primer spray as a bonus item and looks like it leaked. The whole box smells like it and had a stain. Luckily the spray was in a plastic bag so it was easier to clean up and didn't leak all the way. I'm happy with my box and looking forward to trying these especially the lip balm (my PYS) and the Borghese cleanser.

image.jpeg

I'm getting the following:
* Naobay Oxygenating Cream Moisturizer

* Hey Honey Take It Off Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask

* ModelCo Lip Enhancer Illusion Lip Liner

* PARLOR® by Jeff Chastain Detangling Leave-In Conditioner

* ARROW REVIVE Cooling Cheek Tint

Looks nice, I haven't tried any of these before.

Looks like a nice box @peardrop! I wonder how the Arrow Cheek tint is. Please let us know when you get your box and have a chance to try it. Would love to know. I was happy with my box because these are things I haven't received or tried before so anything new is always good. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

I always do my reviews in the app because I find it to be much quicker and the option to share is still there at the bottom of the review page. I double checked my account and the points were credited.

Looks like a nice box @peardrop! I wonder how the Arrow Cheek tint is. Please let us know when you get your box and have a chance to try it. Would love to know. I was happy with my box because these are things I haven't received or tried before so anything new is always good. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Sure, I will let you know as soon as it arrives. I am excited to try it, too. Although the sample size seems a bit tiny on Instagram photos, it will at least give an idea. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Your box looks great too @@Reija did you try the Borghese cleanser yet? It looks interesting.

How do you like the lip balm?

I"m also curious about the cheek tint and the Borghese cleanser! Curious about how you gals like those products.

Re:  Points I also always do my review on the app, it's must faster and get points for sharing on social media.

Back