Birchbox February 2016 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My boxes: image.png

Hmm this seems to be a popular box I wonder if I'll change?

Box 2:image.png

I only got a second box to get the wish cleaning oil, but I'm getting that with my lip balm box above. If I knew that I would not have picked up a second box. :( I don't care for anything but the cream and detangler. Oh well.

I'm getting:

- Juara candlenut body creme

- Hey Honey peel (PYS)

- Klorane dry shampoo

- Pop Beauty matte velvet lipstick

- Arrow Revive cooling cheek tint

Really excited about the cheek tint! I imagine it'll probably be full-sized, and possibly the Pop Beauty lipstick as well. Love the Hey Honey peel and like the dry shampoo and body creme, so overall, great box!

I just came to see if anyone posted about this! This article was on Inc. (but requires login)

http://www.inc.com/zoe-henry/birchbox-lays-off-15-percent-of-staff.html#_=_

I am a former 2-box subscriber and recently quit and used up all of my points. I looked at all the makeup and skincare I bought last year and realized that the things I loved most didn't come from Birchbox. 
I saw the story on Racked a day or two ago and was kind of surprised.  Birchbox seems to be growing and adding more to their online store all the time.  I wonder if they will eventually end their services in the UK as well?   

I live in Portland where there is a new tech startup on every corner and money has been flowing freely.  I have a friend who works at Airbnb in downtown Portland and their benefits are shocking (free wine and beer all day, a salad bar, snacks, plus a private restaurant with all you can eat local/organic gourmet food). Anyway, now that the stock market isn't doing so well, I think those investors are going to be a lot more conservative with their $$ and the good times will be over for some.  

As for Birchbox, I don't know how they make money from their shop because they always have the best freebies and incentives.  Their points system is so generous that it seems like I always have a $10 or more credit in the shop.  I guess it does make me feel like I can splurge on high end products though.  

My most recent order I placed was the Strong Start box plus something else (total $60) with bonus of grip socks, mystery sample pack, and free shipping.  With my points I only paid $50 for everything and my purchase bumped me up to another $10 shop credit (and after I review my box in February I'll have $20).  

I couldn't hold out and had to peek. My day was too boring. Unfortunately my box is pretty boring. 5 item box and 1 is a perfume blech!

In order of interest:

Arrow balm (PYS)

Argan hair mask: I wanted a hair mask, so this is good. I have hair to my waist but I still hope it's more than 1 use.

Borghese cleanser: I like some things from this brand so I might like this.

Color club polish: I have a red polish I like already so I won't get use out of this.

Perfume: This is always a toss up. Perfumes should be extras unless it's a mini rollerball.

image.png

Mine is up, hope it does not change. Arrow lip balm(my choice), Not Radio shower gel (the red one), whish cleansing oil, hair serum and color club nail polish. Pretty descent box. When I clicked on the items it said review for 10 points. May have to go back and do that.

Mine is up, pretty happy:

Not Soap, Radio Body Wash

Dasein Winter Perfume (hate perfumes)

(Malin+Goetz) clarifying clay mask

Parlor leave in conditioner

Arrow lip balm (my pick)

Overall not too bad.

I decided to go back to one box, trying to use stuff up!  

I think this is the earliest I've had a spoiler up!  

--Hey Honey mask (PYS)

--Argan conditioning mask

--NaoBay Hydraplus cream

--ColorClub nail polish

--POP Beauty lipstick

I hate lipsticks, so that's a bust, but my 6yo will love it ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And we can have matching nails. Not too bad though, definitely better than the last few months! 

I think I like my box overall - nothing thrilling but it's very practical! Seems winter themed which is great. 

Daesin Winter Fragrance - ooh this is a fancy pants perfume, spruce, lavender, sounds right up my alley! I don't mind perfumes so much as long as they have the mini-sprayer, fingers crossed on that.

Harvey Prince Body Creme - No. Just, no. 

Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle - I've gotten this in a MSP but I love it so it's fine on my watch! I have super fine hair and find that this works better than oils for me in the winter.

Supergoop Eye Cream - I like getting eye creams because the samples last a super long time! I just bought a new full-size eye cream but this will go into my stash.

Arrow Balm - My PYS, looking forward to trying it. 

Capture.GIF

I couldn't hold out and had to peek. My day was too boring. Unfortunately my box is pretty boring. 5 item box and 1 is a perfume blech!

In order of interest:

Arrow balm (PYS)

Argan hair mask: I wanted a hair mask, so this is good. I have hair to my waist but I still hope it's more than 1 use.

Borghese cleanser: I like some things from this brand so I might like this.

Color club polish: I have a red polish I like already so I won't get use out of this.

Perfume: This is always a toss up. Perfumes should be extras unless it's a mini rollerball.
UGH. I'm getting this box too- COMPLETELY terrible box for me except the balm. I am so tired of all the crap I get in my boxes these days. i really think the longer you are with BIrchbox, the worse the boxes get. After my sub runs out in 2 more months, I'm cancelling for good this time unless they change their ways and start, say, letting you customize the boxes more, which isn't going to happen.

Mine is up, hope it does not change. Arrow lip balm(my choice), Not Radio shower gel (the red one), whish cleansing oil, hair serum and color club nail polish. Pretty descent box. When I clicked on the items it said review for 10 points. May have to go back and do that.
I would have been happy with this box because I'd at least like two of the items- the cleansing oil and the balm. The others are just meh to me but this is much better than my box.

Really hoping mine is just messed up because right now it's showing a men's box. As in boxers and cologne. I don't even have a men's subscription!
Make sure you review the men items before the change it to the right box, lol!

I think the cheat links have been disabled.  When I clicked on this one in the forum, it took me to a page and loaded random items and I was not even logged in.  And then I went back to MSA and their cheat link has been disabled also???  So our boxed may be a surprise.  Really hoping mine does not change. Fingers crossed.

I think the cheat links have been disabled.  When I clicked on this one in the forum, it took me to a page and loaded random items and I was not even logged in.  And then I went back to MSA and their cheat link has been disabled also???  So our boxed may be a surprise.  Really hoping mine does not change. Fingers crossed.
I think it's just something glitchy going on, I can't even see my previous box pages.  

Terrible box for me this month, ugh. I'm getting the Beaver Shampoo and Conditioner. This must be a different set than the one from before, as I got that set, too. I'm super annoyed that Birchbox's description of Beaver is that it's a German brand. Everything that comes up when I google the brand points to China.

http://www.beaver-cn.com/about2.asp

Even their "About Us" is all China China China. WTF  :angry:

Otherwise, I'm getting a Tocca perfume, the Arrow lip balm, and Hey Honey mask. 

I'm getting a meh box. Seeing as I'm in Canada, this will be my last box. This is what I'm getting..

Arrow balm (I picked this)

Naobay HydraPlus Cream

Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment

Clean Rain Eau de Parfum (was hoping I'd avoid a fragrance in my last box)

Paula's Choice Resist C15 Super Booster (excited to try this one!)

Both boxes of mine went live yesterday (My sample choices are in the gold boxes). I'm really hoping for the Cupid one from Not Soap, Radio, but all of them sound so funny I can't wait to try one. The only thing that's a disappointment across either box was the red nail polish, but who are we kidding, it's Valentine's Day. I saw this coming. I'd love it except I already have 2 red polishes.

birchbox_feb_2016_live.jpg

Box #1:

• Not Soap, Radio - Body Wash
  • Whish Revitalizing Cleansing Oil
  • Obliphica Professional Seaberry Serum - Medium to Course
  • Color Club - That's My Jam
  • ARROW BOOST Color Enhancin Lip Balm (sample choice)

Box #2:

• 12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair Treatment
  • Hey Honey Take It Off Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask (sample choice)
  • TOCCA Eau de Parfum, Emelia
  • COOLA Face SPF 30 Unscented Matte Tint
  • ARROW BOOST Color Enhancing Lip Balm

Totally slayed my Ipsy bags this month; again.

I didn't get my selection.  I emailed birchbox to ask, because I have an email stating that I reserved it.

Latest posts

Back