Birchbox February 2016 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I knew I had a chance of getting a Color Club nail polish I wouldn't have picked the curated box :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And thats a really pretty red too

I like mine this month! Can't remember the last time I liked both birchbox and ipsy

Whish Revitalizing Cleansing Oil

FHI Brands Daily Beauty for Wildlife™ Healing Argan Oil

Sahajan Restorative Eye Cream

The Body Shop Fuji Green Tea Body Butter

ARROW BOOST Color Enhancing Lip Balm (PYS)

I think Ipsy is hurting too.  It's hard to tell if anyone is actually doing well in a saturated market.  This might be why Sephora Play just got pushed to 2017.  I also kept hearing Katia or one of the big shots implying that they actually want to move away from being a subscription sampling business. 

I was expecting this from all those new physical stores and in house brands :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

When the co-founder (co-CEO) Hayley Barna was stepping down last year, I heard it was because of the vision conflict between her and Katia. Probably Hayley was the one who was passionate about subscription part.
So would this mean that it turns into stores like Sephora and Ulta (with both an online shop and physical stores)? I kind of like getting samples in the mail to try before I buy something. I wonder how the other subscription box companies (GlossyBox, Allure, PopSugar, etc) are doing.

My box shipped. I'm trying to stay spoiler free. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I don't think I have the self discipline for that! And I'd be scared to hope for the best and get disappointed. I like being able to research how I feel about a product because it usually improves my excitement for something I'd otherwise be like 'why'd you send me this?'.

Just watch your box will beat everyone's because you stayed spoiler free :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So would this mean that it turns into stores like Sephora and Ulta (with both an online shop and physical stores)? I kind of like getting samples in the mail to try before I buy something. I wonder how the other subscription box companies (GlossyBox, Allure, PopSugar, etc) are doing.
I will be really upset if BB stops sample boxes, too.

I think other boxes are not doing too well either. Today I received an email from Escape Monthly that they are discontinuing, so sad to see good subscription boxes disappear :/

I got this nail polish. I get nail polish all the time in my BB and I don't even wear nail polish. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I usually get it every time they send it out too but I went and picked the curated this time because it has an occ lip tar and the cynthia rowley brightener that I love. Oh well, maybe they might send it my way next month or I might find a trade for it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think other boxes are not doing too well either. Today I received an email from Escape Monthly that they are discontinuing, so sad to see good subscription boxes disappear :/
Reminds me of a survey they* sent a few months ago. I don't remember the particulars, but some of the questions implied they were considering a Popsugar style of box - lifestyle boxes that include beauty + other items.

*Birchbox

Last edited by a moderator:
wow got a tracking email this morning already!  Pretty good box for me i think

Arrow boost lip color

Not soap radio body wash

Whish cleansing oil (my pys)

obliphica seaberry serum ? curious about this, says medium to coarse 
color club polish, thats my jam

I have a feeling Ipsy and Birchbox will stop doing boxes/bags. Not because they're "doing bad" but because they're focus will shift to something new. I'd be bummed but I have SO MUCH stuff I could stop getting these and still have plenty of makeup/skin care/nail polish/hair care to last a life time.

I have a feeling Ipsy and Birchbox will stop doing boxes/bags. Not because they're "doing bad" but because they're focus will shift to something new. I'd be bummed but I have SO MUCH stuff I could stop getting these and still have plenty of makeup/skin care/nail polish/hair care to last a life time.
I'd be so bummed!! I don't want a lifestyle box. I like my Birchbox exactly how it is. I don't want a lifestyle box either. If I did, I'd subscribe to one. Maybe they could offer that instead of the curated but I really hope they just keep adding new products and such to their current monthly box program.

I don't think they'd shift to another type of box, but get out of the sub box game all together

Warning: this post contains gratuitous petty grouchiness.

So one of my boxes was showing delivery today, but I was skeptical since we're having a mini-blizzard in the northeast today. But despite the odds, the post office came through...

...and delivered it to the wrong mailbox.

Merhh. The tracking on usps shows it was delivered today "in/at mailbox," but when I went to check the mail, there was no box. I live in an apartment complex where the buildings look the same, and sometimes I've received mail for the "Apt. 6" residents of another building in the block. I kinda hope that's what happened, and that whoever received it erroneously will just bring it to my building. But because my life is a never-ending opportunity for farcical performance, OF COURSE this is the box that gets delivered in my cat's name.

So one of my boxes was showing delivery today, but I was skeptical since we're having a mini-blizzard in the northeast today. But despite the odds, the post office came through...

Merhh. The tracking on usps shows it was delivered today "in/at mailbox," but when I went to check the mail, there was no box. I live in an apartment complex where the buildings look the same, and sometimes I've received mail for the "Apt. 6" residents of another building in the block. I kinda hope that's what happened, and that whoever received it erroneously will just bring it to my building. But because my life is a never-ending opportunity for farcical performance, OF COURSE this is the box that gets delivered in my cat's name.
I know how annoying this situation is :/

Did you receive your other mail today (or see others received mail)? If you did not receive other mail, probably they just didn't go out for delivery today because of the weather but marked your parcel as delivered anyway. Our USPS delivery people (NJ) do it when the weather is bad and attempt to deliver on the next business day. Hope you will receive your box soon. If it does not appear by tomorrow, I'm sure Birchbox can send you another one when you let them know.

I just saw a photo of the Arrow cooling cheek tint here, it doesn't look full size.

Pop Beauty product seems full size. Did anyone receive it? What is it?

Haha I didn't think to do a cat. I did one with the way I spell my name and have since I was like 7 (Sarra) and one legally with my middle name included (Sarah Carol) so I can tell my subscriptions apart. I hope you get your box. That would be so disappointing!

Back