Birchbox - January 2012 boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I haven't received that email. Bummer! I would have loved to try out some new extra products. I've been a subscriber for 3 months now so I don't think all current subscribers will get it..

I just finished up some Vichy samples that came with my last Dermstore order. The samples were for eye cream and I liked It. I just turned thirty and have just started using eye creams so I don't have experience for comparisons sake. I'm going to check my email now, hope I got in on this.

Just putting this out, personally I don't support PETA since they're scare mongers (and hypocrites) but the info is out there and some people want to know. Listed on PETA's site as a company that animals tests is Vichy (L'Oreal).

Originally Posted by tawnyanshawn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didnt get that email either.  I am not sure how they picked people.

I'm sure it's based on your profile/ age. I have aging and sensitive skin selected as my skin concerns and that my skin type is dry. I don't like that they test on animals, though.

heres the body of the email.......

Based on your beauty profile, we think you'd like an introduction to Vichy through an exclusive collection of their complexion-changing products. This limited quantity members-only sponsored offer is in addition to your regular monthly Birchbox. The sponsored box will ship mid-February at no extra charge, filled with four deluxe samples of Vichy’s innovative anti-aging formulations.

Would you love to try Vichy? Click here to opt in*. Quantities are limited and while supplies last.

Not interested? Click here to opt out of this special program. If we don't hear from you it is possible you will receive the sponsored box.

Here’s to gorgeous skin!

xoxo,
Birchbox

Originally Posted by goldenmeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm sure it's based on your profile/ age. I have aging and sensitive skin selected as my skin concerns and that my skin type is dry. I don't like that they test on animals, though.

That is a flaw in Stila's design.  You did not get a bad sample.  You just need to keep twisting and it will come up, it is just slow.  It has been said that they designed it like that so that people dont twist up too much at a time, since it does not wind down.  What I do to mine which works fine is hold the top half down and twist and it comes up pretty easily.

Originally Posted by SmokeyEye22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I used my eyeliner a few days ago for the first time and it won't twist up to give me more product..I feel like all I got was a small sample when I really got a full size. IDK if its stuck or what...

For people who didn't get the email they can sign up at that link you posted.

Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

heres the body of the email.......

Based on your beauty profile, we think you'd like an introduction to Vichy through an exclusive collection of their complexion-changing products. This limited quantity members-only sponsored offer is in addition to your regular monthly Birchbox. The sponsored box will ship mid-February at no extra charge, filled with four deluxe samples of Vichy’s innovative anti-aging formulations.

Would you love to try Vichy? Click here to opt in*. Quantities are limited and while supplies last.

Not interested? Click here to opt out of this special program. If we don't hear from you it is possible you will receive the sponsored box.

Here’s to gorgeous skin!

xoxo,
Birchbox

Still waiting on my Jan. box. 
bringiton.gif

i got box 5 also... i LOVE the fix serum...  i have never tried vichy products before.. i cant wait for the box!

Originally Posted by pixiesoap /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi everyone! My name is Patty (Pixiesoap is my user name as I make handmade soap and used to sell online but have taken a break).

This is my first post, as I have been a bit of a lurker for the last few weeks, just reading and reading.... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got box #5 this month, and it is my 2nd box. I actually LOVE this months. I will be 42 on 2/6 so the Fix & Algenist was just up my alley. I am so sad that I love these two products, as the price point is high.

I actually just got an email from Birchbox today about a special box sponsored by Vichy to ship in mid-February. This is a portion of what it said: Based on your beauty profile, we think you'd like an introduction to Vichy through an exclusive collection of their complexion-changing products. This limited quantity members-only sponsored offer is in addition to your regular monthly Birchbox. The sponsored box will ship mid-February at no extra charge, filled with four deluxe samples of Vichy’s innovative anti-aging formulations.

Anyone get this? I assume it is free as it does state "at no extra charge". My age puts me in the bracket for this and definitely interested. Is this something new for them to do or have they done things like this in the past.? Has anyone tried the Vichy products?

Just looking for other peoples thoughts.

I've been using the Algenist cream everyday.  I love it.  I guess I should give the FIX serum a chance, huh?  lol

Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i got box 5 also... i LOVE the fix serum...  i have never tried vichy products before.. i cant wait for the box!

Good to know others have received it and it sounds like the first time that they have done a bonus box. I did opt in right away so hope to try it.

Right now i am using the Fix then i use the algenist after. My cheeks get very dry plus i noticed since i got the clarisonic i need more moisturizer.

I love the smooth feel of the fix. Kind of reminds me of a makeup primer.

Originally Posted by monica75052 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been using the Algenist cream everyday.  I love it.  I guess I should give the FIX serum a chance, huh?  lol
I use the fix at night then put on the Algenist. Then I use the Algenist in the AM when I wash my face. I absolutely love it!

if you dont want the serum.  let me know! hahahaaa..  its great monica! you will love it!

Originally Posted by monica75052 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey all, 

Just checked my mailbox and it looks like I received a welcome box in addition to my first BB - how exciting! 

I got a couple things in my box that I previously received in January's box that are up for grabs if you want them.

Juicy Couture fragrance sample

Zoya polish in Kristen

Larabar

I also have an extra VMV eye serum that I would like to swap for something else if possible.

Let me know if you're interested :)

Just got an email--Birchbox is starting to let people in off of the waitlist! I am so excited! 

Originally Posted by AshleyLandsberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey all, 

Just checked my mailbox and it looks like I received a welcome box in addition to my first BB - how exciting! 

I got a couple things in my box that I previously received in January's box that are up for grabs if you want them.

Juicy Couture fragrance sample

Zoya polish in Kristen

Larabar

I also have an extra VMV eye serum that I would like to swap for something else if possible.

Let me know if you're interested :)
What do you want for the nailpolish?

Back