Birchbox - January 2012 boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay! Thanks for finding this out. I've been stalking this forum for a few days to find out when I might be able to get off the waitlist. I stumbled onto Birchbox the other day and am obsessed! Want. One. Badly. 

I am hoping I can get my birch box this week.  Im in Washington state and everything is shutting down on the west side.  Im on the east side of the mountains in Washington but my box was last in Seattle.  It would be wonderful and great to get it, with nothing broken.  Has anyone in Washington gotten theirs yet?

Tawnyanshawn, I have to ask what part of WA? Are you in Central Washington/Basin (Wenatchee, Ellensburg, Moses Lake), Inland NW (Spokane area), South Central (Tri-Cities, Yakima) or South Eastern (Walla Walla, Pullman)?  I'm probably near you and I got my box day before yesterday. So long as Snoqualmie is open you should get your box either today or tomorrow.

when i signed up in oct i got that message and went on a wait list.. i only had to wait 2 days or so.  but still to wait....i dont think they said it was sold out, something like not accepting new members at this time..  cant remember exactly....

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It was a complete surprise to me. In the eight months that I've been a member this is the first time I've seen Birchbox close their subscriptions to new members. I check BB several times a week because you guys know I try to keep up with the next month's boxes and so this must have happened within the last couple of days because I checked the join a week ago and it was open then.

Wenatchee area.  I have not checked the mail yet today.  Mostly because our mail man came but didnt give mail then came back just a little bit ago.  I think I should go check.  I am hoping i will too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Tawnyanshawn, I have to ask what part of WA? Are you in Central Washington/Basin (Wenatchee, Ellensburg, Moses Lake), Inland NW (Spokane area), South Central (Tri-Cities, Yakima) or South Eastern (Walla Walla, Pullman)?  I'm probably near you and I got my box day before yesterday. So long as Snoqualmie is open you should get your box either today or tomorrow.

Ahh, you're in snowland right now. We just got hit with that storm last night. So long as the pass is open you should get it unless it's stuck some where at the pass or if it went through I-2 instead of I-90 then turn to the I-97. If it went through I-2 then it might take a few more days depending on the pass up there.

I had previously received this from Sephora as a sample and passed that along to my daughter. TOO strong for me but it smells fantastic on them. I'm giving to my middle daughter who loves perfumes.

The color I got was Blue Ribbon. Looks like denim blue before the denim has faded from washing. REALLY pretty color. Must hide from my daughters.

VERY sweet, eat with an ice cold glass of milk. I gave half of this to my daughter who loved it. I wouldn't buy this flavor again. Loved the ginger crisp a friend gave a while back but this was too sweet for me.

As you can see from the images above, there was a slight film on the jar and I when I took the lid off that's what I saw. The seal inside was broken, cream on threads. I contacted Paulina (LOVE HER, fantastic customer service ALWAYS from her) and she issued me 100 pts. I closed the top and let it warm up and settle for a couple of days before taking the pictures below (earlier today). You can still see the cream on the top of jar and on the threads of the lid.

​

Hrm, I must have posted my BB comment in the wrong thread! Anyways, I got an email from them today saying they'll replace the broken perfume sample.

i was hoping this wouldnt happen....   im in love with fix malibu serum!!  i am half way thru my sample and $125 to buy!!!  
doze.gif

Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i was hoping this wouldnt happen....   im in love with fix malibu serum!!  i am half way thru my sample and $125 to buy!!!  
doze.gif
I know exactly what you mean! I love both creams and am very happy I got them. Im not sure which one I will get first after I get next month's points.

Hi everyone! My name is Patty (Pixiesoap is my user name as I make handmade soap and used to sell online but have taken a break).

This is my first post, as I have been a bit of a lurker for the last few weeks, just reading and reading.... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got box #5 this month, and it is my 2nd box. I actually LOVE this months. I will be 42 on 2/6 so the Fix & Algenist was just up my alley. I am so sad that I love these two products, as the price point is high.

I actually just got an email from Birchbox today about a special box sponsored by Vichy to ship in mid-February. This is a portion of what it said: Based on your beauty profile, we think you'd like an introduction to Vichy through an exclusive collection of their complexion-changing products. This limited quantity members-only sponsored offer is in addition to your regular monthly Birchbox. The sponsored box will ship mid-February at no extra charge, filled with four deluxe samples of Vichy’s innovative anti-aging formulations.

Anyone get this? I assume it is free as it does state "at no extra charge". My age puts me in the bracket for this and definitely interested. Is this something new for them to do or have they done things like this in the past.? Has anyone tried the Vichy products?

Just looking for other peoples thoughts.

Hello! Also a first time poster here. My name is Sarah. I got the same email as pixiesoap mentioned and was interested to hear if others got it too and if anyone knows anything about Vichy. Im excited to see what it is!

I got that email too! I thought it was because of my age as well (36)

Works for me! I always love new samples!

I got the email too. Hopefully I was in time to sign up for it. lol Guess we'll see come mid-Feb! LOL

Must be quite a few of 'em, as they said that even if you opt out, you may receive one.

I got this too. I signed up for it right away. Its 4 deluxe samples and its FREE :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have tried Vichy products before and have liked them. They have also been featured in Prevention magazine.

Also, I dont think it has anythng to do with age, because I am 27 and they offered it to me too.

I will be sure to post and let you all know what I think of the products :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by pixiesoap /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi everyone! My name is Patty (Pixiesoap is my user name as I make handmade soap and used to sell online but have taken a break).

This is my first post, as I have been a bit of a lurker for the last few weeks, just reading and reading.... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got box #5 this month, and it is my 2nd box. I actually LOVE this months. I will be 42 on 2/6 so the Fix & Algenist was just up my alley. I am so sad that I love these two products, as the price point is high.

I actually just got an email from Birchbox today about a special box sponsored by Vichy to ship in mid-February. This is a portion of what it said: Based on your beauty profile, we think you'd like an introduction to Vichy through an exclusive collection of their complexion-changing products. This limited quantity members-only sponsored offer is in addition to your regular monthly Birchbox. The sponsored box will ship mid-February at no extra charge, filled with four deluxe samples of Vichy’s innovative anti-aging formulations.

Anyone get this? I assume it is free as it does state "at no extra charge". My age puts me in the bracket for this and definitely interested. Is this something new for them to do or have they done things like this in the past.? Has anyone tried the Vichy products?

Just looking for other peoples thoughts.

I also received an email for the Vinchy products and I am only 22-years-old. Must not be age-specific. I wonder what makes you eligible or if all current Birchbox subscribers received the email?

So I used my eyeliner a few days ago for the first time and it won't twist up to give me more product..I feel like all I got was a small sample when I really got a full size. IDK if its stuck or what...

Back