Birchbox - January 2012 boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wasn't impressed with my shampoo & conditioner either.  it smalls wonderful, but it didn't really seem like it did anything.  i couldn't even tell that there was shampoo in my hair, so i added another palm-full... still nothing.  and then the conditioner was just thin and didn't really detangle.  i was almost tempted to add some of my Dove conditioner to help it out.  sad.  i was hoping for better results.  

Originally Posted by allthingsaimee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i wasn't impressed with my shampoo & conditioner either.  it smalls wonderful, but it didn't really seem like it did anything.  i couldn't even tell that there was shampoo in my hair, so i added another palm-full... still nothing.  and then the conditioner was just thin and didn't really detangle.  i was almost tempted to add some of my Dove conditioner to help it out.  sad.  i was hoping for better results.  

Was it not foaming? I hate when shampoo doesn't have a lot of suds. It doesn't feel like it's clean unless it does to me. I was sad I didn't get to try the shampoo but now I guess I'm glad if it kinda sucked anyways ESPECIALLY if it didn't detangle well. My hair is so fine I have to use a detangler spray even AFTER I use a conditioner that detangles pretty well on it's own.

Actually, the less foam a shampoo has, the best quality is it.  The foam is additives that arent always good for you.

Originally Posted by BreAnnNicole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Was it not foaming? I hate when shampoo doesn't have a lot of suds. It doesn't feel like it's clean unless it does to me. I was sad I didn't get to try the shampoo but now I guess I'm glad if it kinda sucked anyways ESPECIALLY if it didn't detangle well. My hair is so fine I have to use a detangler spray even AFTER I use a conditioner that detangles pretty well on it's own.

So the confirmation from Streamlite to USPS happened on Jan 12th. This morning at 9:38am, USPS apparently actually got the box here in Austin. So I may get it today or tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So the confirmation from Streamlite to USPS happened on Jan 12th. This morning at 9:38am, USPS apparently actually got the box here in Austin. So I may get it today or tomorrow.

Hope you get it today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Selene Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is the box I got. I think its number 12 if I remember correctly? Got back up to school today and ripped it open. The eyeliner is lionfish and its such a beautiful coppery brown color! I can't wait to wear it. I got a carrot cake Larabar as well. I actually eat Lara bars all the time so I am glad to have a little snack of one for the next time I go rock climbing. I know they look funny but I love them. I normally get apple pie/ ginger snap. 

That soap smells amazing too. And I cant wait to try the face wash!

I am such a nail polish girl but I have to say that I am not disappointed that I didn't get the nail polish this month (plus the two zoya flash sale helped...). I am really looking forward to using the stila!

FINALLY GOT MY BOX TODAY!!
15d.gif

I got box 3.  I didn't think I would honestly be that pleased with it when I peeked at it online but I really like it! 

As you can see I got:

Borghese - CuraForte Moisture Intensifier

Juicy Couture - Viva La Juicy

Jouer - Body Butter

Stila Smudge Stick - in Purple Tang

and a Lara Bar - Peanut Butter Cookie

I was SUPER excited about the Smudge Stick being in Purple Tang!!  I was realllyyyyyy praying I'd either get Purple Tang or Peacock so I'm very happy!!

The body butter is ridic tiny in my opinion so I'll probably just take it to work to use as a hand cream..

This was my second box and I like it a lot more than I did my last box.  In my december box the only thing I really liked was the Mythic Oil and you can't even buy that on the birchbox site :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. 

The Stila eyeliners DONT WIND DOWN! I've used this smudgestick for a while now as my eyeliner, and they've never went down. Its not Birchbox's fault, its the make of the eyeliner itself. Also, they take a WHILE to roll up in the first place! 

DONT wind them all the way up! There's no reason to! I posted this on the other BB thread. I hate to say it, but I dont think its really birchbox's problem, but rather Stila's. I hate to sound like a brat saying that. 

So for everyone who didnt get their eyeliner yet..... 

1. BE PATIENT WHEN WINDING IT TO GO UP
  2. DONT OVER WIND IT BECAUSE IT WONT GO DOWN.

Quote: Originally Posted by katzenstern /img/forum/go_quote.gif

an update:

My stila eyeliner from the Jan 2012 box was broken, so I wrote an email to Birchbox. 

The customer service replied & offered 100 birchbox points. It's like getting a free box I'd like to put it that way. 

They said they would absolutely send a replacement, however, they do not have any inventory of this item. 

I am pleased with the feedback. 

This just looks like it was winded (wound?) up all the way and broke because it wouldnt go down =/. Its extremely nice that birchbox gave you 100 points!

a good friend of mine told me that the reason these eyeliners don't wind down is because some companies don't want bacteria getting down into the tube with the eyeliner and basically contaminating it.  so yeah, it's a little annoying, but actually not so terrible after all :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box came today and I'm a wee bit sad. I just opened the box and the Clark's Botanicals cream leaked. I saw there was some sort of film on it like something dried and I thought it was the perfume that might have been broken but it turns out when I opened the top to the cream that it was the cream since the jar's thread is covered in the same dried film. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My box came today and I'm a wee bit sad. I just opened the box and the Clark's Botanicals cream leaked. I saw there was some sort of film on it like something dried and I thought it was the perfume that might have been broken but it turns out when I opened the top to the cream that it was the cream since the jar's thread is covered in the same dried film. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oh no!!!   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hate winter. Too many of my products in packages have come damaged due to the cold. I think the jar top came open because of the cold some how expanding and contracting the plastic which in turn probably caused the top to become loose.

Initially, I was excited about the shampoo because there are very little suds and I have heard it is better for your hair (not alot of chemicals stripping  your hair).  Then I used the conditioner and when it was all said and done I felt like I could not get the stuff out of my hair even after several rinses.  Then when I dried my hair I noticed it was really dry and brittle feeling.

Latest posts

Back