Birchbox - January 2012 boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my box!  Yay! 

I love the nail polish! I was really looking forward to the moisturizer, so excited its here!!

Same here.. My stila liner was broken as well. 

You should contact birchbox. They will either offer you 100 points, or send a replacement.

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally recieved my box!!

love it but the stila eyeliner was broken. I received purple tang beautiful color but I am so sad there is no way for me to use the eye liner 

Originally Posted by Ultracitrus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haven't seen a post about this yet — sorry if this is already being discussed elsewhere! Has anyone else noticed that BB is closed to new subscribers at the moment?

https://www.birchbox.com/join

Does anyone know the skinny on this?
They sold out, happens every month.

I know they sell out of the current month's boxes after a certain date, but I've never know there to be a time when you can't even subscribe for next month or buy a gift subscription for someone else.

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They sold out, happens every month.

Originally Posted by Ultracitrus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know they sell out of the current month's boxes after a certain date, but I've never know there to be a time when you can't even subscribe for next month or buy a gift subscription for someone else.
That was the message I got when I first tried to subscribe in Nov so I got on the wait list. 

How strange that I never noticed this happen before — I've bought a bunch of gift subscriptions and referred 8 people over the past 9 months and never known them to be closed to new subscribers/gift subscriptions. Guess I don't know everything about BB after all :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Got my box (along with myglam bag) and it's lovely and I'm happy with it. Juicy perfume & larabar are wrapped up in the picture.

So this is news to you as well, Zadi? If so, I don't feel so silly not knowing this was a thing!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed Paulina about it.

It was a complete surprise to me. In the eight months that I've been a member this is the first time I've seen Birchbox close their subscriptions to new members. I check BB several times a week because you guys know I try to keep up with the next month's boxes and so this must have happened within the last couple of days because I checked the join a week ago and it was open then.

It was a complete surprise to me. In the eight months that I've been a member this is the first time I've seen Birchbox close their subscriptions to new members. I check BB several times a week because you guys know I try to keep up with the next month's boxes and so this must have happened within the last couple of days because I checked the join a week ago and it was open then.
I misspoke, for some reason I was thinking of MyGlam. Apologies!

I am very interested to see what they say! I am on the Birchbox website at least once a week and I have been a member/subscriber for 13 months and I have never seen that message.

I emailed Paulina about it.

I am very pleased with my bb, this was my second box and I've loved both. I was a little dissapointed that Decembers box wasn't amazing, considering it was the holiday, but I still liked it. My January box was #3.  I got the Stila eyeliner in purple tang (the color I wanted!) Juicy perfume, magnet, peanut butter larabar, Jouer body butter and the borghese curaforte moisturizer. I was'nt going to use the borghese but found someone to trade me the pomegranate soap for it so I am happy. the only other thing I was hoping for was a different flavor larabar cause I have a box of the PB ones already, so if anyone wants to trade let me know!

I can't get over how AMAZING the Origins facial cleanser is. Makes my face feel so clean and doesn't dry it out like most face washes. Anyone else feelin' the origins love?

I am very pleased with my bb, this was my second box and I've loved both. I was a little dissapointed that Decembers box wasn't amazing, considering it was the holiday, but I still liked it. My January box was #3.  I got the Stila eyeliner in purple tang (the color I wanted!) Juicy perfume, magnet, peanut butter larabar, Jouer body butter and the borghese curaforte moisturizer. I wasn't going to use the borghese but found someone to trade me the pomegranate soap for it so I am happy. The only other thing I was hoping for was a different flavor larabar cause I have a box of the PB ones already, so if anyone wants to trade let me know!

I got my box last night, I liked this Birchbox ok.  I never wear perfume, so I have negatively reviewed all the perfume samples, but it's starting to grow on me a little (Part of their diabolical scheme I'm sure! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I actually kind of like the juicy couture perfume.  My husband said I smell like the Monte Carlo lobby in Vegas.  (It was a compliment)

Haven't tried the Stila eye pencil because I couldn't get it to roll up. Soap smells lovely. Haven't tried the Origins face wash. Loved the Lara bar, but I like those.  The Stila pencil value was $20, so we def. got our money's worth.  Let me just say I'm so glad I didn't get the shampoo but I wish I'd gotten the Clark's face cream!

I get Birchbox because I live in a dinky town with no makeup options except drugstore, and I love to try new things.  I also love getting packages in the mail so it's totally worth it to me!

If I get things I don't like, I usually hand them over to my son's teenage female friends and they're over the moon!

The Birchbox subscriptions are currently sold out but we're expecting that to lift shortly :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If you want to let everyone on the forums know that signing up with our waitlist is the best way to ensure a Birchbox in the near future that would be great! We're not expecting this list to surpass the month of February--so keep your email eyes peeled! The system should continue as normal shortly.

xox,

Paulina

--

Paulina Anderson | 

Operations Associate

230 Park Avenue South, 12th Floor | New York, NY 10003
o. 877.487.7272

Back