Birchbox January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nope. For me totally same bite. Favorite comfort snack through childhood and high school was Chocolate Malted Crunch ice cream from Rite Aid (I hope someone else knows what this is!) with crushed ruffles on top. Oh to be 16 and athletic...!
Haha! Well, I confess I did do it once or twice, eat bites of cake and chips at the same time...If I tried that now...well, let's just say the junk food in my teenage years is taking revenge on me now lol....I think if the only part of me that reverted back to being 16 was my metabolism, I'd be okay with that. Just not the rest of me!

Quote: Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Aw, so much hate on the Chauo bars. I totally believe you guys, that the Rocky Road is gross, but I love the Potato Chip flavor. I never tried the chocolate covered Lays, but I have tried the Trader Joes version, which I thought was so heavy, as to be kind of gross.

I asked for four bars for  Valentines day, instead of truffles or flowers. I asked for two Bacons, a Popcorn, and a Potato Chip bar. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I didn't care for the TJ's version either, but the lays are similar. 

OMG the bacon Chauo bar is the best one ever!

Quote: Originally Posted by lsarao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Has anyone tried the new "firecracker" flavor? It's got sea salt, chipotle and pop rocks in dark chocolate. It's literally life-changing. Seriously! 

I love that one, too.

Quote: Originally Posted by Amby6912 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  One thing I really have to ask:how the frik do you pronounce Chauo? 
I pronounce it "chow" but that may not be correct.

One thing I really have to ask:how the frik do you pronounce Chauo? 
It's chew-ow (named after a cacao-growing region in Venezuela). They are based here in SD so I've gotten to pop into one of their shops - chocolate heaven lol.

Quote:Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's chew-ow (named after a cacao-growing region in Venezuela). They are based here in SD so I've gotten to pop into one of their shops - chocolate heaven lol.

Well I'm pretty impressed with myself now, cause I was pronouncing it right! (completely by accident, but still ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

Quote:Originally Posted by caseybean025 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Omg yes!!! My life is complete now that I've eaten this. Lol. Total mouth-gasm.

Really?? I must try this! I got the firecracker one in my December box and LOVED it. I have the whole lot of them in my cart, just waiting and debating whether to buy them outright or use points?? My mom has been making chocolate covered potato chips for years! We are really big on the sweet & salty thing in my family. Two examples, we ALWAYS put peanut butter and maple syrup on our pancakes and we eat pb&j sandwiches with our chili. Weird right?? But the weirdest is my hubby's family.... His uncles cut up cold hotdogs and put them in the middle of mini powdered donuts!! (I've never tried that one and don't intend to!)

Quote:Originally Posted by caseybean025 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Omg yes!!! My life is complete now that I've eaten this. Lol. Total mouth-gasm.

Really?? I must try this! I got the firecracker one in my December box and LOVED it. I have the whole lot of them in my cart, just waiting and debating whether to buy them outright or use points?? My mom has been making chocolate covered potato chips for years! We are really big on the sweet & salty thing in my family. Two examples, we ALWAYS put peanut butter and maple syrup on our pancakes and we eat pb&j sandwiches with our chili. Weird right?? But the weirdest is my hubby's family.... His uncles cut up cold hotdogs and put them in the middle of mini powdered donuts!! (I've never tried that one and don't intend to!)
If you like the pb and syrup pancakes (I do too!) then I think you will love the bacon chocolate. The salty bacon is ground up really fine and well distributed throughout the maple chocolate. Mmm... Wish I had another one. Lol. I will be re-ordering it! Soon!

I know this will sound gross, but one combo that's so good is vanilla ice cream and French fries. Omg! In HS my brothers and I would get a McDonald's vanilla cone and a lg fry and all take turns dipping the hot fries through the ice cream. Haven't done it in years but may need a childhood throwback day soon. OT: Does anyone remember the mid-80s when Burger King had Crayola Bears as a promo? My older bro and I had one each when they came out - a yellow for him, blue for me - and for my birthday this past Dec, he found a yellow and blue set on eBay and surprised me with the blue one. Best birthday gift ever!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Nooooo not weird!!! My best friend is totally a drip her fries in a milkshake kinda gal. It's so good if you have the right kind of fry!

I know this will sound gross, but one combo that's so good is vanilla ice cream and French fries. Omg! In HS my brothers and I would get a McDonald's vanilla cone and a lg fry and all take turns dipping the hot fries through the ice cream. Haven't done it in years but may need a childhood throwback day soon. OT: Does anyone remember the mid-80s when Burger King had Crayola Bears as a promo? My older bro and I had one each when they came out - a yellow for him, blue for me - and for my birthday this past Dec, he found a yellow and blue set on eBay and surprised me with the blue one. Best birthday gift ever!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by jbrookeb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know this will sound gross, but one combo that's so good is vanilla ice cream and French fries. Omg! In HS my brothers and I would get a McDonald's vanilla cone and a lg fry and all take turns dipping the hot fries through the ice cream. Haven't done it in years but may need a childhood throwback day soon.

OT: Does anyone remember the mid-80s when Burger King had Crayola Bears as a promo? My older bro and I had one each when they came out - a yellow for him, blue for me - and for my birthday this past Dec, he found a yellow and blue set on eBay and surprised me with the blue one. Best birthday gift ever!!
biggrin.gif

I love french fries dipped in Wendy's Frosty if that counts! My friend always dipped his chicken nuggets into his Frosty. Weird stuff for some people but delicious to others! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote:Originally Posted by jbrookeb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know this will sound gross, but one combo that's so good is vanilla ice cream and French fries. Omg! In HS my brothers and I would get a McDonald's vanilla cone and a lg fry and all take turns dipping the hot fries through the ice cream. Haven't done it in years but may need a childhood throwback day soon.

OT: Does anyone remember the mid-80s when Burger King had Crayola Bears as a promo? My older bro and I had one each when they came out - a yellow for him, blue for me - and for my birthday this past Dec, he found a yellow and blue set on eBay and surprised me with the blue one. Best birthday gift ever!!
biggrin.gif

I love the fries in the ice cream thing too!! McD has the best fries ever and delicious vanilla ice cream. Wendy's fries aren't my fave but we would dip those in the frosty too!

I was eagerly awaiting my first Birchbox. They shipped it like a week ago, and it was out for delivery yesterday. But I never received it, and at 12:58 AM EST the USPS tracking info updated to "Delivery status not updated". So now I'm scared that they lost it and I'm also unsure of whether I should wait until today's mail comes to see if it arrives or if I should just immediately contact BB. What do you guys think I should do?

Quote:Originally Posted by JuliaGhostx3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was eagerly awaiting my first Birchbox. They shipped it like a week ago, and it was out for delivery yesterday. But I never received it, and at 12:58 AM EST the USPS tracking info updated to "Delivery status not updated". So now I'm scared that they lost it and I'm also unsure of whether I should wait until today's mail comes to see if it arrives or if I should just immediately contact BB. What do you guys think I should do?

I wonder if USPS had a systems snag yesterday with newgistics. I had a glossybox that had similar tracking problems, and I didn't receive it yesterday. They also ship newgistics. I'm waiting to see if it comes today, then I will call local USPS/and national. UGH.

Quote: Originally Posted by JuliaGhostx3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This happened to me with my box this month. There is a link on that same page that you can use to request an update directly from USPS (it says if the information hasn't updated in 3 days...). I did that and less than 12 hours later my shipping page was updated. It's simple and worth a try.

Totally a fries and ice cream person- I really liked the potato chip chuao.  I got a sample pack of them when BB sent me the wrong shipment.  I kept it.. they didn't ask for it haha.  They had a full size popcorn one (gone now) and the minis.  I've had all of them now except the bacon and firecracker- now maybe I'll need to try them!  The bacon one is skeeving me out a bit because I'm super weird about meat haha.

@camel11 @IMDawnP Thank you for your input guys! But I think I spoke too soon in posting. I went out to take my cat for a walk, and I decided to check my mailbox and it was there. 

Totally a fries and ice cream person- I really liked the potato chip chuao.  I got a sample pack of them when BB sent me the wrong shipment.  I kept it.. they didn't ask for it haha.  They had a full size popcorn one (gone now) and the minis.  I've had all of them now except the bacon and firecracker- now maybe I'll need to try them!  The bacon one is skeeving me out a bit because I'm super weird about meat haha.
I'm weird about meat too. the bacon is ground up super finely though so you get more of the flavor of bacon rather than pieces of bacon in your mouth. If that makes any sense? Lol.

This may have been posted already, but for people who were considering ordering the Coastal Scents Revealed palette, there's a huge set on their site for $24.95 that includes the palette, a blush palette, a brush set, liquid liner, kabuki brush, a pony, six rainbows, 47 puppies and all the chocolate you can eat. 

http://www.coastalscents.com/sale/sweetheart-collection-1.html

It's only $5 more than the palette by itself, and I just signed up on the site and got 300 rewards points ($3) for no apparent reason. SHOULD I?

Back