Birchbox January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by ewiggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This may have been posted already, but for people who were considering ordering the Coastal Scents Revealed palette, there's a huge set on their site for $24.95 that includes the palette, a blush palette, a brush set, liquid liner, kabuki brush, a pony, six rainbows, 47 puppies and all the chocolate you can eat. 

http://www.coastalscents.com/sale/sweetheart-collection-1.html

It's only $5 more than the palette by itself, and I just signed up on the site and got 300 rewards points ($3) for no apparent reason. SHOULD I?
I want this so bad, but I can't get it on my no-buy. I really hope they do something like this again next year!

This may have been posted already, but for people who were considering ordering the Coastal Scents Revealed palette, there's a huge set on their site for $24.95 that includes the palette, a blush palette, a brush set, liquid liner, kabuki brush, a pony, six rainbows, 47 puppies and all the chocolate you can eat. 

http://www.coastalscents.com/sale/sweetheart-collection-1.html

It's only $5 more than the palette by itself, and I just signed up on the site and got 300 rewards points ($3) for no apparent reason. SHOULD I?
You had me at 47 puppies! 
wub.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by jbrookeb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know this will sound gross, but one combo that's so good is vanilla ice cream and French fries. Omg! In HS my brothers and I would get a McDonald's vanilla cone and a lg fry and all take turns dipping the hot fries through the ice cream. Haven't done it in years but may need a childhood throwback day soon.

OT: Does anyone remember the mid-80s when Burger King had Crayola Bears as a promo? My older bro and I had one each when they came out - a yellow for him, blue for me - and for my birthday this past Dec, he found a yellow and blue set on eBay and surprised me with the blue one. Best birthday gift ever!!
biggrin.gif

O_O I'm not alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE vanilla ice cream and fries! I kinda also like fries in vanilla or chocolate pudding...I dropped a fry into pudding accidentally one day in hs and said "meh, whatever" ate it and it was surprisingly good. I love getting a Wendy's Frosty and fries.... my husband says it's gross...I totally don't care. Nice to see I'm not alone in the weirdness lol! 

Quote: Originally Posted by caseybean025 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm weird about meat too. the bacon is ground up super finely though so you get more of the flavor of bacon rather than pieces of bacon in your mouth. If that makes any sense? Lol.

Ooh that's helpful!  Maybe I'll try it today.. it's sitting right here at my desk..

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I bought the revealed palette from bb two days before coastal scents offered that bundle =o( super sad!

Can you return it and order from Coastal Scents? I think BB does free return shipping.. 

Found on Birchbox.... "Hi there, Step. Pose. Repeat. It’s awards season, and we’re prepping by watching all the Best Picture nominees and dusting off our sartorial scorecards. (After all, the red-carpet posing is a show in itself.) This year, we’ve got some serious experts in our corner—the editors at Us Weekly, who have celebrity makeup artists on speed-dial and know the secret behind every red-carpet look. All month we’ll be sharing star beauty intel with you, starting with Us Weekly editor Gwen Flamberg’s tips on posing for flattering photos. Instagram or tweet a pic of your Us Weekly Birchbox tagging #Birchbox and #PartyInABox for a chance to win a party in a box—including everything you need to host a blowout awards-show viewing party for you and 10 friends! For complete rules, go to Birchbox.com/rules." That sounds exciting! I love contests. Does anyone know, are we all getting the same samples with our Us Weekly box or will they still be based around our preferences? My hubby got his February men's BB on Tuesday and I'm so anxious for mine!!

Can you return it and order from Coastal Scents? I think BB does free return shipping.. 

I'd wait before you do that - when I tried to look at the bundle on the website, it says it's missing.  Might just be a snafu, or they might be sold out!

Quote:Originally Posted by Rachel S /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Found on Birchbox....

"Hi there,
Step. Pose. Repeat. It’s awards season, and we’re prepping by watching all the Best Picture nominees and dusting off our sartorial scorecards. (After all, the red-carpet posing is a show in itself.) This year, we’ve got some serious experts in our corner—the editors at Us Weekly, who have celebrity makeup artists on speed-dial and know the secret behind every red-carpet look.

All month we’ll be sharing star beauty intel with you, starting with Us Weekly editor Gwen Flamberg’s tips on posing for flattering photos.

Instagram or tweet a pic of your Us Weekly Birchbox tagging #Birchbox and #PartyInABox for a chance to win a party in a box—including everything you need to host a blowout awards-show viewing party for you and 10 friends! For complete rules, go to Birchbox.com/rules."

That sounds exciting! I love contests. Does anyone know, are we all getting the same samples with our Us Weekly box or will they still be based around our preferences? My hubby got his February men's BB on Tuesday and I'm so anxious for mine!!

nm I found the answer to my own question :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'd wait before you do that - when I tried to look at the bundle on the website, it says it's missing.  Might just be a snafu, or they might be sold out!
I honestly wouldn't have wanted to deal with the hassle anyway. The brushes it came with from bb look like better quality, anyway. And I'm not much of a blush aficionado, generally stick to one or two. Really enjoying the palette already! Great mix of colors!

I had contacted Birchbox on 1/19/14 about my Harvey Prince Journey sample, which was leaking due to cracks.  On 1/21/14 they responded and stated they would send me a new sample but it might not be the one I got.  Which I was fine with as I personally thought the perfume smelled!

Got home today and was so confused as I saw a familar pink box!  This is what I got!

A whole new box!  Only dupe was the INKA in Eternal Marine.  I got a Navy feathered/flocked in my original box and this one has blue glitter! Great CS experience!  Now to sign up for that second box and get 200 points, decisions, decisions!

Quote: Originally Posted by hazeleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by jbrookeb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know this will sound gross, but one combo that's so good is vanilla ice cream and French fries. Omg! In HS my brothers and I would get a McDonald's vanilla cone and a lg fry and all take turns dipping the hot fries through the ice cream. Haven't done it in years but may need a childhood throwback day soon.

OT: Does anyone remember the mid-80s when Burger King had Crayola Bears as a promo? My older bro and I had one each when they came out - a yellow for him, blue for me - and for my birthday this past Dec, he found a yellow and blue set on eBay and surprised me with the blue one. Best birthday gift ever!!
biggrin.gif

I love french fries dipped in Wendy's Frosty if that counts! My friend always dipped his chicken nuggets into his Frosty. Weird stuff for some people but delicious to others! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not weird at all, I too like fries dipped in my Frosty! When I was a kid, I loved to snack on Mike-Sells plain ruffled potato chips dipped in strawberry ice cream, and I also dipped my chicken nuggets in honey. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not weird at all, I too like fries dipped in my Frosty! When I was a kid, I loved to snack on Mike-Sells plain ruffled potato chips dipped in strawberry ice cream, and I also dipped my chicken nuggets in honey. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Are you in Ohio? Mike-Sells has Esther Price chocolate covered chips.

Quote: Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not weird at all, I too like fries dipped in my Frosty! When I was a kid, I loved to snack on Mike-Sells plain ruffled potato chips dipped in strawberry ice cream, and I also dipped my chicken nuggets in honey.
smile.gif

Are you in Ohio? Mike-Sells has Esther Price chocolate covered chips. Nope, Indiana...

Nope, Indiana...
Ah,Esther Price is Dayton's local candy, they sell the covered chips as a local plus local thing. They are tasty. The way this group goes gaga over chocolate covered chips I should just offer to trade chips for product.

Back