Birchbox January 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I traded for the rosemary peppermint body wash and LOVED it. I wouldn't mind one of those lotions if I decide not to get the curated boxes.

Hmmmm. I'm leaning towards the R&R box. I don't have anything similar to that MK lippie, I love those sheet-style masks, and I've been wanting to try a new eye cream. I'm not really excited about a body butter or the hair mask, but will still be pleased to get them. As for the tea, my sister works for David's Tea so I kind of have access to all the tea I could ever want, but it's not like it'll go to waste.

Definitely would have considered the sweatshirt, but it's already sold out :/

Does anyone know if I will get to PYS if I cancelled my sub? I played the cancel and resub game several times last month and I am actually paid up until Feb or March. I'd have to look at my cheat sheet to know for sure and I'm too lazy to get up and look, but I digress.

My account is technically cancelled right now while I think about subbing for an annual box or resub with a code or maybe not pick up the second box again. I just can't decide at the moment. Anyway...I have a Jan box coming but don't know if I'll be able to PYS. Which means I'll have to decide between the two curated boxes. :/

I am having trouble deciding if I should pick the Rosemary lotion or leave it up to chance. If the Rosemary lotion was a hand cream I would definetly pick it, but am afraid it won't be a heavy enough lotion for my hands. A friend told me Rosemary is supposed to be good for Raynauds and I need all the help I can get right now.

wow after seeing the choices this month I can happily cancel  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm trying to save more money and I've either tried the samples and wasn't wowed by them or it's stuff I won't use.  I figure I'll hit up the trade forum if I see anything I really want.

Well, the fact that I'm not particularly gunning for any of the PYS choices makes it easier for me to wait out resubbing until another 100 point code is released at least!

Not feeling any of the PYS this month. I just cancelled my 2nd sub, but I'll probably just not pick anything on my main sub and be surprised. 

Not really excited by the choices. I might pick the Rosemary lotion. The curated boxes are tempting this month but it is boring to pick the whole box and know exactly what I'm getting.

What are the differences between body lotions and hand creams, generally?  I feel like thanks to Birchbox I have a ton of nicely scented hand creams that I will never get through and was wondering if I could use them elsewhere. 

What are the differences between body lotions and hand creams, generally?  I feel like thanks to Birchbox I have a ton of nicely scented hand creams that I will never get through and was wondering if I could use them elsewhere. 
I find hand creams to be thicker than most body lotions.  I definitely use them in place of body lotion when I need some extra moisture.  

@@liilak usually hand cream is thicker than body cream. Your hands just get so much more abuse than the rest of your skin (exposed to dry air and water more frequently) so they usually need something thicker. You can try using your hand creams on other parts of your body but may want to spot check things before slathering it over the place. There are areas on my arms and legs that break out in a rash if I use some heavily scented items but I have lots of allergies.

Yep that was what I was wondering about as I have allergies as well. 

@@liilak usually hand cream is thicker than body cream. Your hands just get so much more abuse than the rest of your skin (exposed to dry air and water more frequently) so they usually need something thicker. You can try using your hand creams on other parts of your body but may want to spot check things before slathering it over the place. There are areas on my arms and legs that break out in a rash if I use some heavily scented items but I have lots of allergies.

Yeah I agree with what others said, usually hand cream is just thicker and more heavily scented than lotion.

Yep that was what I was wondering about as I have allergies as well. 
If you have allergies I recommend Philosophy Hands of Hope.  I use it as a face cream because I am allergic to almost every other cream that I've tried and get really dry patches on my face.  It has no scent at all!  

Back