Birchbox January 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find hand cream to be more moisturizing but easier to rub in and doesn't leave my hands greasy. At least thats what I look for, love the Caudalie one.

Ugh, hand cream tends to be more heavily-fragranced than hand cream?  I never put that together before.  My concern isn't allergies as much as the fact that my hands are so dry and chapped (no matter how much lotion/cream/oil I use on my face/hands/legs and regardless of how much water I drink, the dryness of my office just sucks all moisture out of my body) that strongly-scented hand creams and lotions can BURN LIKE HELL on all of the itsy bitsy teensy weensy microscopic cuts I can't see.  Now I know I know why I have more success (as far as lack of stinging goes) with body creams/lotions/butters than ones designated for hands.

Ugh, hand cream tends to be more heavily-fragranced than hand cream?  I never put that together before.  My concern isn't allergies as much as the fact that my hands are so dry and chapped (no matter how much lotion/cream/oil I use on my face/hands/legs and regardless of how much water I drink, the dryness of my office just sucks all moisture out of my body) that strongly-scented hand creams and lotions can BURN LIKE HELL on all of the itsy bitsy teensy weensy microscopic cuts I can't see.  Now I know I know why I have more success (as far as lack of stinging goes) with body creams/lotions/butters than ones designated for hands.
There are also body lotions that are strongly scented but if you check, most unscented/lightly scented lotions are body lotions in larger bottles.  Lightly scented or unscented lotions in smaller bottles are often just smaller sizes of the corresponding body lotions.

I'm struggling to decide between the toccata and the rosemary lotion. I really loved the shower gel but I like tocca hand cream a lot (I have Bianca and love that scent). My worry about the tocca is the scent- grapefruit and cucumber sounds super appealing but I thought Stella being blood orange would appeal too. It was AWFUL. Too strong.

R&R and the Tocca on my two accounts, then.  Man, PYS is always hard, I want it all and still be surprised with new stuff.

i think i might pick a curated box this month. or i will let fate decide lol but i saw the curated boxes but def not making an early choice after last months mess but that relax and recharge box looks really nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got such a punishment box last month for picking the Mirenesse mascara (which isn't even very good and seems like it'll run out in about 2 weeks) that I'm going to leave it up to chance this month.  I like most of what's in that 6-item Relax box but I have so many lip products right now it's a joke.

Man, I'm so "eh, whatever, not picking any of these" this month that I hadn't even realized the email hadn't gone out yet!

I got such a punishment box last month for picking the Mirenesse mascara (which isn't even very good and seems like it'll run out in about 2 weeks) that I'm going to leave it up to chance this month.  I like most of what's in that 6-item Relax box but I have so many lip products right now it's a joke.
My mascara box seemed to have better stuff than my rose gold eyeliner box. Although I love Davines and would have cried buckets if I missed out on the plumping stuff. 

I have tons of lip products and was horribly tempted by Target's makeup section. Even though it's pre-Christmas Target just clearanced all the elf and nyx stocking stuffers and gift sets. Although I did end up getting myself the elf brush set, I managed to walk away from the giant bucket of lipsticks. 

Even though it's pre-Christmas Target just clearanced all the elf and nyx stocking stuffers and gift sets. Although I did end up getting myself the elf brush set, I managed to walk away from the giant bucket of lipsticks.
I saw that today.  I was good and walked right past.  Guess I was still feeling the guilt from my impulse trip to Shoe Carnival (four pairs of pretty colored pumps for $87).

I've gotten the tocca hand cream from either Ipsy or Birchbox before, and I really don't like it. I love hand creams in general - L'Occitane being my facorite. The Tocca is really sickly sweet smelling, and it's a weird consistency. It's almost watery, doesn't absorb well. 

I think I'm going to let BB decide for me this month. I am really surprised the PYS was 3 of the same type of product. I guess they are still trying it figure out how best to do the PYS.

I'm struggling to decide between the toccata and the rosemary lotion. I really loved the shower gel but I like tocca hand cream a lot (I have Bianca and love that scent). My worry about the tocca is the scent- grapefruit and cucumber sounds super appealing but I thought Stella being blood orange would appeal too. It was AWFUL. Too strong.
Tocca Cleopatra is kind of fruity floral, I don't think it's as strong as Stella but it is more floral than just a fresh grapefruit scent.

Crap. I'm such a sucker for their cute boxes (literal boxes)

january_sampleChoice_slice_01.jpg

That tends to be the thing that makes me get one of the monthly boxes instead of the curated ones.

I really need to be on a no-buy so I have a feeling the compromise is just quitting Birchbox for now ): sigh

I got the R&R box on the one Aces account that got the email.  Hopefully there won't be any problems this month.

Back