Birchbox January 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided to get the R&R box on my main account and let BB choose for me on the second. I liked both curated boxes, but couldn't face the idea that I'd know what was in both boxes.  :rolleyes:

I picked R & R box. Got confirmation. And no cheating this time. This is my first editor box.  Hopefully this will cut down on my box anxiety as I already know what I am getting.  The surprise will be whether I like the stuff in person. 

Haha me too, I hope they do cute boxes more often. 

Crap. I'm such a sucker for their cute boxes (literal boxes)

january_sampleChoice_slice_01.jpg

That tends to be the thing that makes me get one of the monthly boxes instead of the curated ones.

I really need to be on a no-buy so I have a feeling the compromise is just quitting Birchbox for now ): sigh

Picked the R&R box...just got confirmation...I will leave my 2nd account up to chance this month :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is my ideal box:

Masks, cream, a lippie, and tea!

Last edited by a moderator:
 Last month I got the editor box, which was great. . . but, their regular monthly boxes were amazing. I like the element of surprise and waiting for my box to arrive wasn't as fun this month, since I knew what I was getting already.   

Even though I liked both curated boxes this month, I'm going for the element of surprise and chose the Tocca lotion.  

I am torn, mainly because I don't know what half the stuff is. I think I might stop Birch Box am Ipsy because frankly, I won't use any of it. It was a cute idea, but I don't need it. 

Can someone post the pictures of the curated boxes?
JanBoxChoices.jpg

Here's the screenshot from my e-mail, hope this helps!

ETA:

The Tone It Up Box includes:

Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk
award-winning spritz that zaps grease and revives hair

Whish Three Whishes Body Butter - Lavender
luxe, sweetly scented formula that firms and softens skin

Coastal Scents® Revealed Palette
four versatile neutral shadows in one mini palette

COOLA Environmental Repair Plus® Radical Recovery™ After-Sun Lotion
soothing balm to calm and hydrate skin post-sun exposure

Aquareveal™ Satin Bright Soft Water Peel for Face
gentle treatment that exfoliates without irritating

The Relax & Recharge Box includes:

Perlier Intensive Nurturing Body Balm - Shea Lavender
rich, concentrated skin cream with a dreamy scent

Briogeo Don't Despair! Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask
hydrating mask that conditions and strengthens hair

teapigs tea temples - Liquorice & Peppermint and Chamomile Flowers
top-quality tea in two calming, delicious flavors

When™ Travelmate Sheetmask
botanical-infused mask that nourishes tired skin

Manna Kadar Lip Locked - All of Me
matte, stay-all-day stain in a nude rose-pink shade

Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream
antiaging treatment that combats wrinkles and dark circles

I'm not sure if I'll leave it up to chance or if I'll try for the R&R box.  I have the hair mask already and I love it. I'm almost out of it, so I'd like more!  I have the Perlier lotion in almond and I like the lotion but hate the scent.

But I'm not sure I love the idea of no surprises in my box.  

What to do, what to do...

Ugh!  I hate the white almond scent on the perlier, too! Saturday night I'd put some on my hands because we'd been sitting in the cold for a few hours and it was somehow the only lotion I had in my purse.  For about 30 minutes after we got back in the car my boyfriend swore he was smelling "some old lady's perfume" and was mad that someone would wear that much perfume that he'd still smell it so strongly. It finally dawned on me that it was probably that lotion.  I let him smell my hands and BINGO! It was the freaking perlier.  

I went for the tocca PYS, I loved the bianca and i'm almost out now. I've wanted to try cleopatra for ages because grapefruit and cucumber are two of my favorite scents.

I'm so out on the BB Plus options. None of it appealed to me. I like socks and all but $15 for two pair of ankle grippy socks doesn't appeal to my wallet. plus, in the winter i want socks that come up over my ankles at the very least!

Ugh!  I hate the white almond scent on the perlier, too! Saturday night I'd put some on my hands because we'd been sitting in the cold for a few hours and it was somehow the only lotion I had in my purse.  For about 30 minutes after we got back in the car my boyfriend swore he was smelling "some old lady's perfume" and was mad that someone would wear that much perfume that he'd still smell it so strongly. It finally dawned on me that it was probably that lotion.  I let him smell my hands and BINGO! It was the freaking perlier.  

I went for the tocca PYS, I loved the bianca and i'm almost out now. I've wanted to try cleopatra for ages because grapefruit and cucumber are two of my favorite scents.

I'm so out on the BB Plus options. None of it appealed to me. I like socks and all but $15 for two pair of ankle grippy socks doesn't appeal to my wallet. plus, in the winter i want socks that come up over my ankles at the very least!
I think the almond Perlier smells like play-doh, lol. I'm leaving everything to chance for January. We'll see how it goes!

I may regret this once the box pages start to load... but I choose both curated boxes on each of my accounts. :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just couldn't resist once I saw the promo photos and read the contents. I am a sucker for tea, face masks, lippies, and dry shampoo. Usually I like to leave one box to chance.

Latest posts

Back