Birchbox July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by thinkpink7l7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I realize this is a bit late (since it's August already!) but I finally got around to using the Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream. I thought it would be too heavy but it felt really light on my skin and not greasy at all. So I was happy last night! But when I woke up this morning, my face was swollen and puffy, especially my cheeks. Did this happen to anyone else? My face isn't itchy or anything, just swollen! Eek!
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that! I did not see any noticeable reactions when I used it....I can't remember, does it have the listed ingredients on the tube? I know it didn't have the size, but I can't remember about the ingredients. If not, definitely look it up online as you may want to find out what you might be allergic to!
hug.gif

So I realize this is a bit late (since it's August already!) but I finally got around to using the Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream. I thought it would be too heavy but it felt really light on my skin and not greasy at all. So I was happy last night! But when I woke up this morning, my face was swollen and puffy, especially my cheeks. Did this happen to anyone else? My face isn't itchy or anything, just swollen! Eek!
Aw, I'm sorry that happened! Sounds like an allergic reaction of some kind even without the itching, maybe just a mild one? My skin actually seems to love the ceramidin cream but I don't want to spend the money on it when I have a ton of creams, currently...

Originally Posted by rachelxoxo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine did almost the same thing except my reaction happened mere seconds after applying it. Boo!
Did you just wash it off and everything was okay? My face seems less puffy now, a few hours later! Are you allergic to any cosmetic ingredients? I've never had a reaction like this before!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that! I did not see any noticeable reactions when I used it....I can't remember, does it have the listed ingredients on the tube? I know it didn't have the size, but I can't remember about the ingredients. If not, definitely look it up online as you may want to find out what you might be allergic to!
hug.gif
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aw, I'm sorry that happened! Sounds like an allergic reaction of some kind even without the itching, maybe just a mild one? My skin actually seems to love the ceramidin cream but I don't want to spend the money on it when I have a ton of creams, currently...
Thanks for chiming in! At first, I didn't think it was an allergic reaction because I've never had it happen before.  I was like, maybe ceramides are supposed to make you retain moisture like this??  How silly of me!
icon_lol.gif
  Thanks for setting me straight.  I'm definitely going to try to look online and see if there are any known allergens in it.   

Sorry to hear you had such a bad reaction. I am getting that in my July box which is still not here hope I am not allergic.

Yes! I got mine a couple days ago also (thanks enablers) ! the jars are HUGE. I bought two jars - one for me and one to give to my sister for her b-day. We used the sample packets I got through BB (and trades) on our "spa night" and really liked them. She kept raving about it so I figured I get her one...even though her b-day is not until September....it was too good of a price to pass up. I also bought a liter of the Amika shampoo and a couple other odd & ends so I'd get free shipping.
This is the first I am learning of this sale and their website says the Amika masque is "not available at this time." Do you think it will come back in stock?

Did you just wash it off and everything was okay? My face seems less puffy now, a few hours later! Are you allergic to any cosmetic ingredients? I've never had a reaction like this before! Thanks for chiming in! At first, I didn't think it was an allergic reaction because I've never had it happen before.  I was like, maybe ceramides are supposed to make you retain moisture like this??  How silly of me! :icon_lol:   Thanks for setting me straight.  I'm definitely going to try to look online and see if there are any known allergens in it.   
My skin is just odd sometimes, I knew it was an allergic reaction because sometimes products just don't like me. I slathered myself in cortisone cream after washing my face and by morning I was good. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by jbird1175 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes! I got mine a couple days ago also (thanks enablers) ! the jars are HUGE. I bought two jars - one for me and one to give to my sister for her b-day. We used the sample packets I got through BB (and trades) on our "spa night" and really liked them. She kept raving about it so I figured I get her one...even though her b-day is not until September....it was too good of a price to pass up. I also bought a liter of the Amika shampoo and a couple other odd & ends so I'd get free shipping.
This is the first I am learning of this sale and their website says the Amika masque is "not available at this time." Do you think it will come back in stock? I just checked and it says, "the product you are trying to view no longer exists."  
sadno.gif
  I'm regretting only purchasing 2 jars from Beauty Brands.  I hope they haven't discontinued it.  It's such a fabulous product.

I just checked and it says, "the product you are trying to view no longer exists."  
sadno.gif
  I'm regretting only purchasing 2 jars from Beauty Brands.  I hope they haven't discontinued it.  It's such a fabulous product.
It was only stocked on sale while supplies last. The sale is only until the 10th, so I'm sure beauty brands will have it back in stock when it's over. That mask is amazing! I was thrilled to score two jars before the sale is over. I would stalk until the sale is over to see if they put it back in stock at the sale price.

Amika hair mask is back in stock on beautybrands.com, in case you wanted to get it before the sale ends tomorrow. $12.98

It must not have been in stock for ver long, because I was pretty vigilant. Thanks for the heads up, though. How often does Beauty Brands have that sale?

Back