Birchbox July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by BonnieBBon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi everyone
smile.gif
total complete sub box n00b here! I'm anxiously awaiting my very first sub box, this months BB. Well I got a Beauty Army box earlier this month bc I had just discovered subbing and NEEDED a box lol but I'm not even gonna count that as a box *cough cough*. Anyway my box won't be here until FRIDAY & Im dying to know what I got! I'm sorry to ask a ? I'm sure has been answered before but my internet is out for 3 more days (ugh tearing up roads...huge freeway project = huge dsl nightmare ) sooooo how do I find out on the BB site which box I'm getting? I see you all talking about getting box d or j or whatever how do you know which box has been shipped? The tracking says my box is .5100 weight. Does that matter? Sorry for asking but I just can't search thru many more pages on my phone screen my eyes are getting blurry & kinda zombiesque. Thanks!!!
When you go on the website log on your account. 

Then on the top kinda in the middle there will be a tab that says "BOX" click on that and then it will give you an option for women or mens box.

Click on the women and there is your box :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If it is updated, if your box has not updated then you will not see your box.

But hopefully it is and hoped this helped. Welcome to the world of beauty box subscription addiction. 

Hi everyone
smile.gif
total complete sub box n00b here! I'm anxiously awaiting my very first sub box, this months BB. Well I got a Beauty Army box earlier this month bc I had just discovered subbing and NEEDED a box lol but I'm not even gonna count that as a box *cough cough*. Anyway my box won't be here until FRIDAY & Im dying to know what I got! I'm sorry to ask a ? I'm sure has been answered before but my internet is out for 3 more days (ugh tearing up roads...huge freeway project = huge dsl nightmare ) sooooo how do I find out on the BB site which box I'm getting? I see you all talking about getting box d or j or whatever how do you know which box has been shipped? The tracking says my box is .5100 weight. Does that matter? Sorry for asking but I just can't search thru many more pages on my phone screen my eyes are getting blurry & kinda zombiesque. Thanks!!!

I may be wrong but I think your first box probably wont show up on the site until after you get it, or you can look at your shipping and find your weight to compare to this thread. if you signed up through a 'gift' option then you definitely won't know until after it arrives since they delay updating your page to keep it a surprise

Many GREAT BIG THANKS skylola, beeyutiful & barbyechick!!! I do believe I am in fact already addicted lol!! You have saved me so much anxiety over why I couldn't find my box! I have been clicking box but it keeps telling me my order is shipping. Now I at least know that IS the right spot. Its not a gift sub so I sure hope I don't get the crappy welcome box I read about. Srsly you saved me much stressful searching!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

how can i see which box i am getting?  i am a new subscriber and just got my tracking today. 

Originally Posted by jenacate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

how can i see which box i am getting?  i am a new subscriber and just got my tracking today. 
Your box page probably won't update until you actually get your box.

aw i'm not that patient! where can i find my box page to check? i'm out of town so will have to wait even longer to get it

Originally Posted by jenacate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

aw i'm not that patient! where can i find my box page to check? i'm out of town so will have to wait even longer to get it
On the Birchbox page where it says "box." Just click on the women's one. Like I said, it probably won't be up until your box gets to your house, but if you're away then at least you'll know a bit sooner. Hopefully it ships fast.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Cookie you look so pretty! I cant wait for my blush to hurry up and get here so I can try your tips.
Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Cookie, you remind me of Florence and the Machine and Christina Hendricks. But seriously, you're beautiful!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Awwwww, thanks gals! LOL, the last time I dyed my hair I told my hairdresser: "Christina Hendricks....can I do Christina Hendricks? I want some reeeeeed!"
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Cookie, you remind me of Florence and the Machine and Christina Hendricks. But seriously, you're beautiful!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I second the Florence Welch and agree you are very pretty.

Whoa! I just checked my account and Birchbox gave me 100 points because of a sample issue. I told them my model co lipstick was melted and broken last week. They said they had some extras and would send one out. I did not expect the extra points though! So generous...they basically gave me my $10 back to use in the shop! It was the first time I had a problem with my box in the 2 years I've had birchbox. I didn't realize the customer service was so awesome!

Woke up in the middle of the night & before I went back to sleep I checked my Birchbox page to see if it updated. Because that's TOTALLY normal & not obsessive. Right?!?! So....my first box.... Not impressed. At all. This is my very first sub box so its not like I'm jaded. But no benetint, no hello flawless, no instain adorbs blush, no cute lip crayon not even the killer nail mutilating bobby pins. Super sad BonBon beauty junkie. Any suggestions on what I can do to get a better box next month?

There's no spoiler in my above post! Idk how that happened! I guess middle of the night posting on a phone leads to all kinds of whoopsies! So yeah, no need to click. Ok I think I should stop sleep posting & dream about the utter uselessness of me getting a tan towel.

Woke up in the middle of the night & before I went back to sleep I checked my Birchbox page to see if it updated. Because that's TOTALLY normal & not obsessive. Right?!?!

So....my first box....

Not impressed. At all. This is my very first sub box so its not like I'm jaded. But no benetint, no hello flawless, no instain adorbs blush, no cute lip crayon not even the killer nail mutilating bobby pins. Super sad BonBon beauty junkie.

Any suggestions on what I can do to get a better box next month?
Out of curiosity, what did you end up getting?

I'm not sure there's much else you can do aside from playing around with your profile, which I don't think factors into which box you get as much as BB would like to have us believe.

Hi evildrporkchop (I heart that name so much!) I got Number 4 prep & protect Dr Lips original nipple balm for lips Marcelle BB creme in golden glow Coola SPF cucumber moisturizer for face-the details say to use it all over the body an hour before walking outside so I think it's more of a sunscreen. AND last & most assuredly least a half body tan towel... no no & no lol looks like I need to figure out how trading works Ty very much for the advice. I'll change up my profile & see if that helps

Hi evildrporkchop (I heart that name so much!)

I got

Number 4 prep & protect

Dr Lips original nipple balm for lips

Marcelle BB creme in golden glow

Coola SPF cucumber moisturizer for face-the details say to use it all over the body an hour before walking outside so I think it's more of a sunscreen.

AND last & most assuredly least a half body tan towel... no no & no

lol looks like I need to figure out how trading works

Ty very much for the advice. I'll change up my profile & see if that helps
Haha! Thanks!

You got a nice box, but I hear you on being disappointed that you didn't get any of the cute makeup items. I get two BBs per month and thank goodness for my second sub because my first box had all boring skincare products. If you're up for it, you should look into trading. I've been able to get many of the items I've been coveting this way.

I was hoping to get ipsy for guaranteed fun stuff since makeup seems like their thing. I've been on the wait list almost a month. Hmmm another BB would be good, I wonder how I'd fill out a more makeup friendly profile. Today's project is going to be figuring out how to trade :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by msbelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I saw the DL and looked for it also. They've never sent it out that I know of in the two years I've been with them. That would be a great sample to get, no complaints here either!

It didn't make any sense to me that they ask what you would splurge on, and then only send the one brand to try. Every time they sent out a new polish or strips I would get my hopes up and never received any of them. I don't get their reasoning behind that. If they want me to buy it, then they should send a sample. I just don't get it, lol.  
I am sure Birchbox would LOVE to send out some DL polish, but it wouldn't be economical for them to just try and buy all those samples to send out.  DL has to decide that they want to sample the polish- and give it to bb for free or very cheap.  

I'm not talking about just DL. They've sent Zoya, Allesandro, Ruby Wing, and Incoco since I've been with BB. I don't know about tenoverten. I would have been happy to sample any of those. If they had ever sent DL I would have been happy with that, too.

Back