Birchbox July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by DeSha /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was disappointed with my box this month. Looks like everyone got really useful beauty/ makeup items. I got two packets of Pedi Cure foot treatment, a sample bottle of the I.C.O.N India Oil, the Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream, and the Modelco lipstick (and the color doesn't look that great on my dark complexion, but I will mix it with other lipsticks I have in order to get some use out of it). I also got the bobby pins (two of them).

Just seems like everyone got better value, fuller size products, and more fun stuff. Hoping next month is better. If not, I will cancel.

This is the EXACT box I got, including the lippie color. I couldn't have been happier with it, I think it's the best and most useful box I've ever gotten. It's the first box where I can actually put to use EVERYTHING that I got. The only thing I wasn't excited about was the pedi cream, but even that I can at least USE. For me, the lipstick color worked well, and the formula is so nice. The india oil... my god. It's fantastic. I am definitely going to need to find more of it. The Dr. Jart cream hydrates my skin well, and works for even my oily skin. It really is funny how one person's trash is another's treasure. This one was definitely my treasure! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by sabinebyrne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is the EXACT box I got, including the lippie color. I couldn't have been happier with it, I think it's the best and most useful box I've ever gotten. It's the first box where I can actually put to use EVERYTHING that I got. The only thing I wasn't excited about was the pedi cream, but even that I can at least USE. For me, the lipstick color worked well, and the formula is so nice. The india oil... my god. It's fantastic. I am definitely going to need to find more of it. The Dr. Jart cream hydrates my skin well, and works for even my oily skin. It really is funny how one person's trash is another's treasure. This one was definitely my treasure! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
So glad to hear that the box worked for you!

I have used the Pedi Cream (nice but a bit on the filmy/thick side) and the ICON oil. I already use argan and essential oils in my hair as I am a naturally coily girl-- so while nice the oil did not nourish as well as I thought it would.

I do hope next month's box brings me as much happiness as this month's box brought to you! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are SO pretty.seriously.!!
Oh my, thank you
icon_redface.gif

You've made my day...lol.....which is good, because Hubby is being particularly snarky and bratty!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are SO pretty.seriously.!!
Oh my, thank you
icon_redface.gif

You've made my day...lol.....which is good, because Hubby is being particularly snarky and bratty!

Time to get out that rolled-up newspaper again... 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by msbelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I saw the DL and looked for it also. They've never sent it out that I know of in the two years I've been with them. That would be a great sample to get, no complaints here either!

It didn't make any sense to me that they ask what you would splurge on, and then only send the one brand to try. Every time they sent out a new polish or strips I would get my hopes up and never received any of them. I don't get their reasoning behind that. If they want me to buy it, then they should send a sample. I just don't get it, lol.  
I am sure Birchbox would LOVE to send out some DL polish, but it wouldn't be economical for them to just try and buy all those samples to send out.  DL has to decide that they want to sample the polish- and give it to bb for free or very cheap.  

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am sure Birchbox would LOVE to send out some DL polish, but it wouldn't be economical for them to just try and buy all those samples to send out.  DL has to decide that they want to sample the polish- and give it to bb for free or very cheap.  
Right. The only two subs I've seen that has sent out DL polish are Sample Society and Blush Mystery Box. Both of which, I'm sure, do not have nearly the amount of subscribers as BB does.

I used my points to get theBalm Cabana Boy - not only did my order make it to me in 2 days, but I am in LOVE with it! I think I found my HG blush.. and I love that it looks good as an eyeshadow too!

Cookie - thanks for explaining how to use the instain on the lips! I may try it with the Cabana Boy too =)

Is anyone else who hit their 12 month in June/13 in July still waiting on their anniversary code? Starting to get a little paranoid it's just me, lol.
unsure.gif
Of course I have like 5 things in my cart I'm ready buy with points and my code (whenever it finally shows up...) and I'm just so tired of getting those "You forgot things in your cart!" emails.

Oh my word! LOL...somehow this Birchbox thread got completely lost in my list of threads to keep up with and I was like....SIX PAGES behind! LOL, I tried to skim through and I apologize if anyone said anything to me and I did not reply! Sooooo, I finally got a chance to check out the products I received and I must say....theBalm InStain has stolen my heart!

So apparently everyone received it in Swiss Dot and I absolutely adore the shade...in fact, I adored it so much I just used it everywhere! I'm using it not just for my blush in the pic, but for my eyeshadow and lip color as well! As an eyeshadow it's phenomenal, it lasted for HOURS without any primer or setting spray. For the lips, I just swiped on a clear lip conditioner, dabbed the Swiss Dot on top and swiped on a thin layer of clear balm to set it. It lasted about 2 hours before needing touchups. Also, I'm wearing the Curl Keeper I received in my box as well. I just scrunched it in and let my hair airdry. It certainly didn't give me ringlets, but it did give me some nice boho waves and a bit of volume!
smile.gif

I now want all of the InStain shades! lol

oh and here are my bobby pins! -

Cause every ballerina needs her bobby pins
dance.gif
They work fabulously! I taught for about 4 hours and they didn't budge one bit!
Cookie you look so pretty! I cant wait for my blush to hurry up and get here so I can try your tips.

Is anyone else who hit their 12 month in June/13 in July still waiting on their anniversary code? Starting to get a little paranoid it's just me, lol. :unsure: Of course I have like 5 things in my cart I'm ready buy with points and my code (whenever it finally shows up...) and I'm just so tired of getting those "You forgot things in your cart!" emails.
I never got my 9 month code but I went to the Birchbox website and put the code in (I had seen it floating around online) and it worked! I just think they forgot to send the actual emails or had a glitch. If you can find the code, I'd try it - it will probably work :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Is anyone else who hit their 12 month in June/13 in July still waiting on their anniversary code? Starting to get a little paranoid it's just me, lol. :unsure: Of course I have like 5 things in my cart I'm ready buy with points and my code (whenever it finally shows up...) and I'm just so tired of getting those "You forgot things in your cart!" emails.
There is no 12 month code- you get one at 13 months instead. ETA: The 13 month code for me was bblove25 and I got it on the 30th of my 13th month

Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Right. The only two subs I've seen that has sent out DL polish are Sample Society and Blush Mystery Box. Both of which, I'm sure, do not have nearly the amount of subscribers as BB does.
PopSugar send a DL polish and lipstick set in their December Lux boxes.  Granted it included other items and was $100.  DL is great quality. 

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There is no 12 month code- you get one at 13 months instead.

ETA:

The 13 month code for me was bblove25 and I got it on the 30th of my 13th month
Do they not send that little lipstick holder thingy anymore? This is my 13th month, so I'm just waiting for whatever I'm getting. 

Oh my word! LOL...somehow this Birchbox thread got completely lost in my list of threads to keep up with and I was like....SIX PAGES behind! LOL, I tried to skim through and I apologize if anyone said anything to me and I did not reply! Sooooo, I finally got a chance to check out the products I received and I must say....theBalm InStain has stolen my heart!

So apparently everyone received it in Swiss Dot and I absolutely adore the shade...in fact, I adored it so much I just used it everywhere! I'm using it not just for my blush in the pic, but for my eyeshadow and lip color as well! As an eyeshadow it's phenomenal, it lasted for HOURS without any primer or setting spray. For the lips, I just swiped on a clear lip conditioner, dabbed the Swiss Dot on top and swiped on a thin layer of clear balm to set it. It lasted about 2 hours before needing touchups. Also, I'm wearing the Curl Keeper I received in my box as well. I just scrunched it in and let my hair airdry. It certainly didn't give me ringlets, but it did give me some nice boho waves and a bit of volume!
smile.gif

I now want all of the InStain shades! lol

oh and here are my bobby pins! -

Cause every ballerina needs her bobby pins
dance.gif
They work fabulously! I taught for about 4 hours and they didn't budge one bit!
Cookie, you remind me of Florence and the Machine and Christina Hendricks. But seriously, you're beautiful!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

There is no 12 month code- you get one at 13 months instead. ETA: The 13 month code for me was bblove25 and I got it on the 30th of my 13th month
Thanks! This is more insightful that the CS answer of "soon." I'm impatient, darn it! :)
Do they not send that little lipstick holder thingy anymore? This is my 13th month, so I'm just waiting for whatever I'm getting. 
I believe they do. I'm more invested in the code (obviously!) but I'm fairly sure you get both.

Originally Posted by basementsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks! This is more insightful that the CS answer of "soon." I'm impatient, darn it! :)

I believe they do. I'm more invested in the code (obviously!) but I'm fairly sure you get both.
Oh, that'd be cool! The lipstick I'm wearing on any given day always travels to the bottom of my purse, so a little keychain holder would be nice.

My box is .5200. I don't really want to go through almost 90 pages of this thread to find out if I have a box twin, but I will do what I have to. Stupid late payment.

Hi everyone :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> total complete sub box n00b here! I'm anxiously awaiting my very first sub box, this months BB. Well I got a Beauty Army box earlier this month bc I had just discovered subbing and NEEDED a box lol but I'm not even gonna count that as a box *cough cough*. Anyway my box won't be here until FRIDAY & Im dying to know what I got! I'm sorry to ask a ? I'm sure has been answered before but my internet is out for 3 more days (ugh tearing up roads...huge freeway project = huge dsl nightmare ) sooooo how do I find out on the BB site which box I'm getting? I see you all talking about getting box d or j or whatever how do you know which box has been shipped? The tracking says my box is .5100 weight. Does that matter? Sorry for asking but I just can't search thru many more pages on my phone screen my eyes are getting blurry & kinda zombiesque. Thanks!!!

Latest posts

Back