Birchbox July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally tried the Modelco lippie in Peony.  In love--nice scent, really moisturizing, and the color hasn't budged.  Might have to pick up the trios on BB.
Me too!  My box came the day after I file a claim, figures.  Who knows where it was this whole time.

For anyone still interested, here is Peony on uber pale skin :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I like it.  I do a lot of fuschia because it flatters me but this is redder than I'm used to.  I'm afraid of red so it's a good step.

Looks great!

Originally Posted by trekkersangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got my beauty brands order (my many amika hair products you enablers helped me buy during their liter sale) & it looks like this. The bad news is that the conditioner bottle is completely empty (all over the box). The good news is my whole office smells absolutely amazing right now.
Oh no! sorry to see that.

It sounds like you got one of the dreaded welcome boxes. If you email Birchbox they will update your box page manually so that you can review your items for points. My gift sub box page didn't update but they fixed it for me. You should consider a second month if for no other reason than to get to 100 points so you can get a nifty $10 discount in the shop.
Do they send one of these "welcome" boxes to all subscribers for their first month? I just subscribed this week and am wondering if I will end up with the same...

Do they send one of these "welcome" boxes to all subscribers for their first month? I just subscribed this week and am wondering if I will end up with the same...
Welcome boxes are for the first month of a gift subscription I believe.

Originally Posted by trekkersangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got my beauty brands order (my many amika hair products you enablers helped me buy during their liter sale) & it looks like this. The bad news is that the conditioner bottle is completely empty (all over the box). The good news is my whole office smells absolutely amazing right now.
Oh, no! Mine was just delivered to my apartment's office today, but hopefully it will be in better shape. You're planning to email them and tell them about this, right? I'm sure they'll ship a replacement out to you asap. Looks like you got some good stuff though!

I love the No 4 Super Comb & Protect! I love the scent and how it makes my hair look and feel. But wow is it expensive and I just bought more Beauty Protector. I'm going to save my points for the No 4 and save it for the weekend I think, lol.

Also took nail polish off my profile since they are now sending different colors from the same collection. In almost two years of getting BB, and having polish as my splurge item, the only brand they sent was Color Club. Oh well, hope I don't receive any more now.

Originally Posted by msbelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love the No 4 Super Comb & Protect! I love the scent and how it makes my hair look and feel. But wow is it expensive and I just bought more Beauty Protector. I'm going to save my points for the No 4 and save it for the weekend I think, lol.

Also took nail polish off my profile since they are now sending different colors from the same collection. In almost two years of getting BB, and having polish as my splurge item, the only brand they sent was Color Club. Oh well, hope I don't receive any more now.
I took it off of my profile as well. The last thing I want is another polish from that collection. I got the one I most wanted, Pardon My French, the first time around. Then I traded London Calling for Reign in Spain when they sent it to me on my gift sub, then got London Calling again in my regular sub. GAH! 

What REALLY irritates me is that they show Deborah Lippmann polish on the Suits card that came in the box. (Along with a few other things that were not in any boxes this month.) Send me THAT polish, Birchbox! 

I love BB points especially when combined with my sweet 16 code less than 10 bucks got me a baggu backpack, beauty blender, porefessional, a bunch of yesto and a pick two pack!

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by msbelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I took it off of my profile as well. The last thing I want is another polish from that collection. I got the one I most wanted, Pardon My French, the first time around. Then I traded London Calling for Reign in Spain when they sent it to me on my gift sub, then got London Calling again in my regular sub. GAH! 

What REALLY irritates me is that they show Deborah Lippmann polish on the Suits card that came in the box. (Along with a few other things that were not in any boxes this month.) Send me THAT polish, Birchbox! 

I would definitely not complain if I got a DL polish in my BB.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by msbelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I saw the DL and looked for it also. They've never sent it out that I know of in the two years I've been with them. That would be a great sample to get, no complaints here either!

It didn't make any sense to me that they ask what you would splurge on, and then only send the one brand to try. Every time they sent out a new polish or strips I would get my hopes up and never received any of them. I don't get their reasoning behind that. If they want me to buy it, then they should send a sample. I just don't get it, lol.  

Originally Posted by saidfreeze /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been eyeing some of the mermaid line! Worth the cost?

I've been thinking the same thing, has anyone tried them?

Originally Posted by saidfreeze /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been eyeing some of the mermaid line! Worth the cost?

Oh, I want those, all of them! They are gorgeous :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Has anyone tried the Deborah Lippmann Rich Girl hand cream? I just ordered the 32 oz. bottle from HSN. It's $56 + $7.22 s&h. Using the 15% off discount code I won on the Spin2Win Game, the total was $54.82. I've been using drugstore sunscreens for my hands and arms but haven't found one I really like. So I'm hoping this one will be nice. 

Edited to fix the correct price.

Oh my word! LOL...somehow this Birchbox thread got completely lost in my list of threads to keep up with and I was like....SIX PAGES behind! LOL, I tried to skim through and I apologize if anyone said anything to me and I did not reply! Sooooo, I finally got a chance to check out the products I received and I must say....theBalm InStain has stolen my heart!

So apparently everyone received it in Swiss Dot and I absolutely adore the shade...in fact, I adored it so much I just used it everywhere! I'm using it not just for my blush in the pic, but for my eyeshadow and lip color as well! As an eyeshadow it's phenomenal, it lasted for HOURS without any primer or setting spray. For the lips, I just swiped on a clear lip conditioner, dabbed the Swiss Dot on top and swiped on a thin layer of clear balm to set it. It lasted about 2 hours before needing touchups. Also, I'm wearing the Curl Keeper I received in my box as well. I just scrunched it in and let my hair airdry. It certainly didn't give me ringlets, but it did give me some nice boho waves and a bit of volume!
smile.gif

I now want all of the InStain shades! lol

oh and here are my bobby pins! -

Cause every ballerina needs her bobby pins
dance.gif
They work fabulously! I taught for about 4 hours and they didn't budge one bit!

I was disappointed with my box this month. Looks like everyone got really useful beauty/ makeup items. I got two packets of Pedi Cure foot treatment, a sample bottle of the I.C.O.N India Oil, the Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream, and the Modelco lipstick (and the color doesn't look that great on my dark complexion, but I will mix it with other lipsticks I have in order to get some use out of it). I also got the bobby pins (two of them).

Just seems like everyone got better value, fuller size products, and more fun stuff. Hoping next month is better. If not, I will cancel.

I was disappointed with my box this month. Looks like everyone got really useful beauty/ makeup items. I got two packets of Pedi Cure foot treatment, a sample bottle of the I.C.O.N India Oil, the Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream, and the Modelco lipstick (and the color doesn't look that great on my dark complexion, but I will mix it with other lipsticks I have in order to get some use out of it). I also got the bobby pins (two of them). Just seems like everyone got better value, fuller size products, and more fun stuff. Hoping next month is better. If not, I will cancel.
Oh,man! I would have LOVED to receive this box! It's so funny how we all have such different tastes ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh,man! I would have LOVED to receive this box! It's so funny how we all have such different tastes ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
It would be cool if birchbox offered us the choice between two boxes. I think even just with minimal choice, it would eliminate a lot of the box envy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am always sitting around dreaming up ways to improve the little things

Latest posts

Back